Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Oshawott the most popluar starter in the anime since Charizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Oshawott is a better version of Piplup
    Agreed, I like Piplup, but Oshawott is way more cuter.

Wow, really? So cool~! I knew he was popular but not by so many that he would be considered "most popular" and I guess he is with Pikachu being his only competition.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Wow, really? So cool~! I knew he was popular but not by so many that he would be considered "most popular" and I guess he is with Pikachu being his only competition.
    Its only because none of the others are on the show. If ash had charizard on dawn stayed on as a main cast it would t be nearly as popular.

Oshawott has a lot of character. Unlike many of his starter, so I would say he's pretty popular

I think Oshawott is extremely popular among young children but less popular among older people.

In other words, I think what Pokemaniac24 asks depends on point of view. From young kids point of view MAYBE Oshawott is the most popular starter in anime since Charizard, but propably not from older people's point of view.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

It all depends on your own personal preferences. For instance, i prefer Snivy and Tepig instead of Oshawott. That doesn't mean i won't use it though. But i also think about what it will look like after evolving. Serperior and Emboar look pretty awesome. But Samurott? Kinda weird if you ask me.

*yay, just evolved from Cascade trainer to Thunder trainer*
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

No, I think Infernape, Sceptile, and Piplup are more popular than Oshawott imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Skeptile can't be more popular than Oshawott. If so, then it would have evolved by now.

My ideal battle ever!

Americans dont appreciate kawaii pokemon as much as the japanese. the japanese dont appreciate badass pokemn as much as americans.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Americans dont appreciate kawaii pokemon as much as the japanese. the japanese dont appreciate badass pokemn as much as americans.
    I can't say that I disagree. Hello Kitty is still hott in Japan.

My ideal battle ever!

To me, Oshawott is perhaps the cutest of the starter pokemon IMO.

Grieving for a brother, when he dies for trying to help you escape your evil ways

I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for Pikachu.

So Oshawott is definitely not as popular.
    Last edited by Brownie; 31st October 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for maybe Pikachu.

Piplup is more popular than him and Japan and if the writers didnt use him failing at life for comedy and turned him into a battle machine like Pikachu+a better voice he would be more popular in America too.

Do you mean more popular than Oshawott, or Charizard?

I can definitely agree with those that say Oshawott is popular more so in the west. And I'm fine with this. The English dub serves him up as adorable, while Piplup's english dub is downright disgusting.
    B2 Team: [tentative]

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    I detect a lie, or at the very least, an exaggeration. Infernape and Sceptile were never on par with Piplup in terms of popularity. If they had been popular from the beginning like the penguin, Ash's Chimchar and Treecko would have evolved a lot sooner in order for the producers of the anime to take advantage of their "popularity." But they didn't, which proves my point about them not being equally as popular and marketable as Piplup. I'd love to discuss which Pokemon is more popular; Oshawott or Piplup, but I'm not in the mood to type up a long research paper on the matter, and I doubt anyone would be interested in it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You're making generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
    To me, Oshawott is perhaps the cutest of the starter pokemon IMO.
    Not a single lie was spotted. I think we can all agree that Oshawott is cute and charming, which helps his popularity.

The sheer amount of new Oshawott products released in Japan in the last couple of months confirm that he is in high demand:

Spoiler:- Images:

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for Pikachu.

Where's the evidence to back-up your claim? I mean it's hard to take your word for it without factual data. I've already made a case for Oshawott's popularity many times, but Charizard's supporters never post their receipts for some reason; it's always just the same thing over and over again; "Charizard was here longer so him >>>>> Oshawott" or "Charizard beat more Pokemon so he's more popular." Things along those lines that don't really support the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsku View Post
    I can definitely agree with those that say Oshawott is popular more so in the west.
    I'm pretty sure he's more popular in his native Japan. That's where most of the Oshawott merchandise is being released, as I posted before.

I'm not even a Charizard supporter, to be honest.

If you're talking about Japan, I guess Oshawott is more popular, being newer and all, but in America, the clear winner is Charizard.

I know everyone love oshawott, but... why? He's cool and all, but i still like some of the other starters more. Chimchar, Bulbasaur, Treecko, they were all better. Im not saying i hate him, but he's not great like everyone seems to think. Give snivy more screen time or Palpitaod, they gave oshawott loads with the whole meloetta thing, so let someone else get the spot. (he also seems to be in a lot of games pokepark 2 and the new mystery dungeon anyone.)

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    I know everyone love oshawott, but... why? He's cool and all, but i still like some of the other starters more. Chimchar, Bulbasaur, Treecko, they were all better. Im not saying i hate him, but he's not great like everyone seems to think. Give snivy more screen time or Palpitaod, they gave oshawott loads with the whole meloetta thing, so let someone else get the spot. (he also seems to be in a lot of games pokepark 2 and the new mystery dungeon anyone.)
    His design just screams PLUSHIE!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Nope Piplup is :3 Other than me being slightly biased, Piplup definitely is definitely more popular than Oshy in JP. They go literally crazy over Piplup: Sing Piplup event anyone?
    Wait a minute. How was that event distribution proof that Piplup is more popular than Oshawott? I hope you realize that Nintendo has set up countless event distributions for Pokemon over the years; many for Pokemon that aren't even popular. So using the Sing Piplup event isn't helping your case.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    The writers can't just give Oshawott's spot away. He's already popular, so they're just working with that popularity to boost the show's ratings. He's the new star of the show.

Iris is the star of the show now in BW2

To me, he is not the most popular Water type, wait until Ash catches a Slowking that is alone on an island who talks to himself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234