Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Oshawott the most popluar starter in the anime since Charizard?

Quote Originally Posted by sereb devil View Post
    I never said Paul and Piplup weren't fan favorties because i know that they are.
    That's not what you said on the "The Problems with Trip" thread XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That's not what you said on the "The Problems with Trip" thread XD.
    Yeah that's true.

Yeah that's true.
    So you finally admit that I was right and you were wrong when I said Paul was a fan favorite?

So you finally admit that I was right and you were wrong when I said Paul was a fan favorite?
    No i not saying that i am wrong or anything like that, i can tell that you like Paul.

This thread isn't about Paul are even Piplup.

We need to stay on topic.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 9th October 2012 at 12:56 AM.

No i not saying that i am wrong or anything like that, i can tell that you like Paul.
    In that Trip thread, you clearly stated that Paul was not a fan favorite. In this thread, however, you say he is a fan favorite. Judging from what you are saying in this thread, it seems to me like you admit you were wrong for saying Paul was never a fan favorite.

We need to stay on topic.
    You always say this when you realize you lost an argument XD
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 9th October 2012 at 12:58 AM.

I think Paul is overrated and Piplup is the best thing to happen to the anime. But I don't try to pass my opinions off as fact

In that Trip thread, you clearly stated that Paul was not a fan favorite. In this thread, however, you say he is a fan favorite. Judging from what you are saying in this thread, it seems to me like you admit you were wrong for saying Paul was never a fan favorite.
    That's not what i meant at all and you know it. Paul is your favorite i can see that he is, but Paul isn't overrated as you are trying to make him seem.

Snivy was more popular that Oshawott was!
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    Snivy was more popular that Oshawott was!
    No. Among the English speaking Internet fanbase maybe but nowhere else.

That's not what i meant at all and you know it. Paul is your favorite i can see that he is, but Paul isn't overrated as you are trying to make him seem.
    What did you mean then? In one of the other threads, you said, "Paul is not a fan favorite." In this thread, however, you said that you know he is a fan favorite. Make up your mind for once in your life. This is why no one takes you seriously.

What did you mean then? In one of the other threads, you said, "Paul is not a fan favorite." In this thread, however, you said that you know he is a fan favorite. Make up your mind for once in your life. This is why no one takes you seriously.
    You mean no one takes you seriously. I said Paul is a fan favorite of yours not mines, which is the reason why you keep bringing him up in this thread.

This is why I never I was a true fan of any of the starters from the beginning. I like other pokemon more than them because people used to make it like they were closed to legendaries. Legendaires should be more popular than all starters combined. However, I do think that Charizard and Oshawott has about the same number of fans.

My ideal battle ever!

Who cares about Oshawott.
    Both him and Piplup were annoying, which I guess makes you think they're popular because they get in the way of everything.

I love you, Pokemaniac24. You are right about everything. Now let's stay on topic
    Okay, Sereb! Thanks

Okay, Sereb! Thanks
    Wow you are immature.

I see all of the starters being equally popular in the anime.

Wow you are immature.

I see all of the starters being equally popular in the anime.
    Uh,no, some are definitely more popular than others. Look at how popular Charizard is. Most of the starters can't touch Charizard in popularity.

Iguarantee 2 years after wotter gets oaked well still be seeing his ugly mug on all the merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Iguarantee 2 years after wotter gets oaked well still be seeing his ugly mug on all the merchandise.
    I agree. I don't know if Oshawott is selling as well as Piplup did in the merchandise (probably not) but he is probably doing very well.

Uh,no, some are definitely more popular than others. Look at how popular Charizard is. Most of the starters can't touch Charizard in popularity.
    Yeah your right !!!! Charizard has been the most popular starter for a very long time since the OS ended.

Nope Piplup is :3 Other than me being slightly biased, Piplup definitely is definitely more popular than Oshy in JP. They go literally crazy over Piplup: Sing Piplup event anyone?

I swear that Piplup will appear in merchandise like 3 years after. especially when they decide go remake DP

Piplup isn't called Moneyplup for a reason.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I cant believe Piplup is so popular in Japan.

I found the penguin to be EXTREMELY insufferable in the anime. Oshawott on the other hand, is a lot more likeable. Though I still want him to evolve. Stupid evolve-marketing thing.

The response is partially because, at least in Japan. Because Piplup is that popular. Furthermore,

Spoiler:- Piplup status:

basically, in Japan Piplup is the most popular starter of all times. Except perhaps Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the late 1990s.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post

I found the penguin to be EXTREMELY insufferable in the anime. Oshawott on the other hand, is a lot more likeable. Though I still want him to evolve. Stupid evolve-marketing thing.
    Uh asides from the Dub voice complaint which I consider only half true I fail to see any of Piplup's complaints as anything other than jealousy from Pikachu stans that their beloved mascot finally had to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post

^ amen to this m(_ _)m

Oshawott is a better version of Piplup

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast