View Poll Results: Which water Pokemon should I catch in SS?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staryu

5 50.00%
  • Poliwag

3 30.00%
  • Remoraid

0 0%
  • Tentacool

1 10.00%
  • Krabby

1 10.00%

Thread: Which water Pokemon should I choose in SoulSilver?

Default Which water Pokemon should I choose in SoulSilver?

I'm gonna need a water Pokemon soon so which one should I get? I'm trying to make the best team I ever had and try a new team out at the same time.

I got Jolteon, Dratini, Quilava, and Victreebel.

*No trades, or Pokemon that require trades*

If there's a Pokemon I didn't mention that I should get let me know.
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 6th October 2012 at 4:29 AM.

This is some good grass dude!

Quagsire is incredibly useful ingame, if a little boring. You cant go wrong with Gyarados either. If its just for an ingame team you can pretty much use any pokemon you want and you wont have much trouble.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 6th October 2012 at 4:48 AM.

I'd kinda rather have a special attacker water Pokemon. I like Poliwrath but he's physical. I want Kingdra so bad but I don't got WiFi and I also like Politoed but don't got WiFi so I'm kinda gettin angry about not finding a good water Pokemon.

You could get Vaporeon or lapras. But im pretty sure you cant get those until late in the game. Sucks you cant get kingdra. I used Kingdra a on my last SS playthrough and I loved him. Some people say starmie is good. Never used it though. Same goes for lanturn.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 6th October 2012 at 4:40 AM.

I'd go with Starmie, he's a good Special attacker and you can get Staryu early in-game

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

I got Jolteon now and I don't really feel like breeding this early in the game lol. I'd go with Kingdra if I had WiFi.

Suicune is great but I guess thats not really a viable option. OMG I just remembered slowbro/slowking! Those things are great walls and they are fine for sweeping, especially ingame. (Also STAB psychic ftw.)
    EDIT: Theres also Dewgong. You can get Seel as soon as you get surf and Dewgongs sp attack is alright and it has STAB ice beam. Plus one of its ablitities makes it heal hp in the rain.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 6th October 2012 at 6:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Suicune is great but I guess thats not really a viable option. OMG I just remembered slowbro/slowking! Those things are great walls and they are fine for sweeping, especially ingame. (Also STAB psychic ftw.)
    EDIT: Theres also Dewgong. You can get Seel as soon as you get surf and Dewgongs sp attack is alright and it has STAB ice beam. Plus one of its ablitities makes it heal hp in the rain.
    Thanks for the tips bro. I never used Dewgong I'll have to look him up in the Pokedex section on here. I've never used Slowbro either and I heard hes good.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Thanks for the tips bro. I never used Dewgong I'll have to look him up in the Pokedex section on here. I've never used Slowbro either and I heard hes good.
    Yeah Slowbro and Slowking are just cool as **** IMO. They can actually be useful in competitive battling too.

Krabby can learn guillotine but Poliwag is a good choice since it evolves inro Poliwrath or Politoad