Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a Samurott.. big difference.
    Fixed

What doesn´t make Krookodile a powerhouse?, Krookodile beat the Dragonite that took Dawn´s powerhouse down.
    And Leavanny actually has strategy, something better than attack after attack after attack until take the Pokémon down with brute force.
    And ... are you writing about the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Pokémon League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Johto League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that couldn´t beat Brandon´s Dusclops that fell against Ash´s unevolved non-powerhouse Bulbasaur?

Ash's palpitoad is powerful,funny.it can even overshadow the star miju....its capture was not a mistake. because of him ash was able to defeat zebstrika(To whom all bianca's pokemon lost.including pignite.) he will prove himself in league and haters will shut their mouth. Mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I wonder what Krookodile is.
    A pokemon that lacks battle experience and is in no way a powerhouse.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a powerhouse.. big difference.
    Waruvial must be chopped liver, this is the same Pokemon that slaughtered a Kairyu that went through the opposition like butter. Tsubear and Manmoo both fell to this powerhouse, Manmoo was about to finish it with Ice Fang until it did in Manmoo with Dragon Dive. Waruvial defeating it is something impressive and quite remarkable and shows how strong a Pokemon he is. Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Dig, and Crunch is a pretty good moveset. I'd be willing to bet Waruvial could smash Lizardon in a battle if given the chance.

It most certainly wasn't a mistake. Palpitoad has already got better treatment than Kingler or Muk and I love his battle at the Don tourney. That battle and the fact that Ash caught a Poke out of the blue simply because it was strong have already made it worth it.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a powerhouse.. big difference.
    To be fair though, Ash's Charizard didn't listen to a word he said until that battle with Poliwrath in The Orange Islands. During Kanto Charizard fought a few battles, and they were for pride more than for Ash.

The whole battle with Primeape and Primeape's capture was amazing. I'm glad they had that scene.
    I'm just disappointed that Primeape only battled once before being ditched. He had potential.

Then again Butterfree didn't really have a memorable battle before being released, either. Just one of the most memorable episodes ever for other reasons. In Butterfree's case I can sort of understand because Butterfree's move-pool way back when was absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Waruvial must be chopped liver, this is the same Pokemon that slaughtered a Kairyu that went through the opposition like butter. Tsubear and Manmoo both fell to this powerhouse, Manmoo was about to finish it with Ice Fang until it did in Manmoo with Dragon Dive. Waruvial defeating it is something impressive and quite remarkable and shows how strong a Pokemon he is. Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Dig, and Crunch is a pretty good moveset. I'd be willing to bet Waruvial could smash Lizardon in a battle if given the chance.
    Please use the english names, it's not 1997 anymore, and slaughtered? wasn't dragonite dominating him so much he had to evolve just to defeat him, and it wasn't even a convincing win, if that dragonite was listening to iris it would have been a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Fixed

What doesn´t make Krookodile a powerhouse?, Krookodile beat the Dragonite that took Dawn´s powerhouse down.
    And Leavanny actually has strategy, something better than attack after attack after attack until take the Pokémon down with brute force.
    And ... are you writing about the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Pokémon League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Johto League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that couldn´t beat Brandon´s Dusclops that fell against Ash´s unevolved non-powerhouse Bulbasaur?
    Ash needs pignite to evolve, he is destined to be ash's powerhouse.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

*sigh*

no he wasn't a mistake. He could do with appearing more but hes a decent pokemon on Ashs team

Please use the english names, it's not 1997 anymore, and slaughtered? wasn't dragonite dominating him so much he had to evolve just to defeat him, and it wasn't even a convincing win, if that dragonite was listening to iris it would have been a whole different story.

People are allowed to use which ever names they prefer, deal with it. Also, Dragonite would've beaten Krokorok, yes, but that that's irrelevant now, he has evolved and Krookodile had a very high chance of defeating Dragonite even with Iris being on command, which proves his strength and absolutely makes him a powerhouse.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

It's too soon to completely write if off.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    It's too soon to completely write if off.
    exactly. For all any of us know its going to get plenty of appearances in upcoming episodes

...isn't the point of being a Pokemon trainer to catch Pokemon?

So no, no it wasn't.

The alternative was it not being caught and never seen again...how is that at all preferable?

Just makes it better when Palpitoad is actually used.

Of course he wasn't a mistake. Palpitoad had it's battles, and yes he didn't battle as much as say Oshawott, but pokémon like Kingler, Muk, Tauros and Primeape who showed up in the opening also didn't battle often. And I like all of them. If Palpitoad is a mistake, then pokémon like Boldore are also. And I do agree with you on the facial expression thing, it's what makes Palpitoad kinda unique.

No its another option to use in battle and a good one, they didn't use him enough but that doesn't make him a bad option.

Satoshi should always catch more pokemon, less attention or not, he has to have variety and be able to use everything, thats what we do ingame.

It's wasted potential but not a mistake. They could of done so much with it but they didn't, but that doesn't mean its capture was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    It's wasted potential but not a mistake. They could of done so much with it but they didn't, but that doesn't mean its capture was a mistake
    Exactly, the writers probably caught Palpitoad just so they could have that option of whether or not to develop him.

I think Palpitaod has a higher calling and will evolve into Seismitoad to become Ash's Water Powerhouse.

So I definitely don't think his capture was a mistake.

No. I'm pretty sure he will get his chance to shine eventually you just have to be patient.

First of all he was still able to battle unlike the other Pokemon that just laid on the ground.
    Second of all he was holding his on for a bit he managed to get a few hits in as a Krokorok.
    Third of all who are you to criticize someone if they want to use the Japanese names? No one says anything about you typing in italics.

I don't mean to sound rude I'm just stating how I feel .

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Exactly.
    Last edited by JD; 6th October 2012 at 11:52 AM.

I would like you to point out that Charizard did nothing in the Kanto League, other than beating Blaine

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    No. I'm pretty sure he will get his chance to shine eventually you just have to be patient.

First of all he was still able to battle unlike the other Pokemon that just laid on the ground.
    Second of all he was holding his on for a bit he managed to get a few hits in as a Krokorok.
    Third of all who are you to criticize someone if they want to use the Japanese names? No one says anything about you typing in italics.

I don't mean to sound rude I'm just stating how I feel .
    Exactly.
    I'm sorry, but honestly, dragonite was revealed like over 15 years ago, there is honestly no need to use it's japanese name, NO NEEED, and holding his own? he didn't even land a hit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I would like you to point out that Charizard did nothing in the Kanto League, other than beating Blaine
    He was still a powerhouse, he just didn't obey ash.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

I'm sorry, but honestly, dragonite was revealed like over 15 years ago, there is honestly no need to use it's japanese name, NO NEEED, and holding his own? he didn't even land a hit lol.

He landed a Crunch and Stone Edge. Beartic's attacks didn't even faze Dragonite but Krokorok's did.

Lol to me no, and even it did not have enough screen time , not every Pokemon/Character is gonna have a lot of spotlight you know!

It's their right to those more comfortable to the Japanese names to use them.

And Charizard didn't become Ash's powerhouse until Ornage Islands.

Palpitoad had the potential to easily become Ash's water powerhouse if Oshawott was indeed never intended to evolve.

Yeah, wasted opportunity. :/

....and now, her story begins.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast