Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

I personally don't think he's a mistake, no. But since the otter is so damn popular, Palpitoad is basically the backseat driver.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Ash's kanto team had a powerhouse aka charizard, ash's unova team doesn't have a powerhouse.. big difference.
    Ash's Unova team does have a powerhouse that is Pignite and Krookodile. Palpitoad capture wasn't a mistake at all, but he does need to have more screentime and need to have more battles aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's their right to those more comfortable to the Japanese names to use them.

And Charizard didn't become Ash's powerhouse until Ornage Islands.
    Unless your from japan i don't think so, and look at ash's kanto team.. obviously charizard was the powerhouse.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    If you dont like it then tough. It's perfectly within the rules for people to use Japanese names if they prefer
    IIRC, people get confuse on Japanese names, then start asking what they mean and the thread goes off topic and leads to a bunch of jargon!

To make sure this isn't spam, I just hope Palpitoad will evolve later on as well!

No.

Trainers are supposed to catch pokemon.

palpitoad's capture wasn't a mistake but......

palpitoad has a major flaw it's personality hasn't been shown.The best example of this is when you compare it to primeape.Primeape had less episodes but in those episodes it's individual traits were clearly shown.Palpitoad had potential in that department it was shown to be bossy and it was caught at the same time ash already had a water type(who happened to beat it) and at the same time as when cilan had caught it's friend.But they didn't do anything with it.Hopefully it'll become better if it evolves but otherwise it's personality seems too uncertain.I think the writers may be planning to use it as cannon fodder in the league.

First and to make clear, the reason that Ash catches many pokemon this saga is because BW1 can't have older pokemon in the show, Ash need to catch all in the same region. Basically the purpose of Palpitoad (like Leavanny, Boldore and Krookodile) is to give Ash sufficient pokemon for the league without appearing to be repetitive and predictable. At least, he uses them in Gym battles unlike Kanto.

Palpitoad has more problems. The second problem is that Oshawott is very popular: this cause Oshawott to appear more and Palpitoad to appear less often. And the third is that Palpitoad is the only pokemon that in BW2 appears post-game*. Of course, Ash is using Palpitoad and his other reserves at the league (because this is THE FUNCTION of them) but not many more.

*Is important because only Stunfisk (Cilan's) and Heatmor appears since Season 2 started. And I see rushing debuting those pokemon at the end of BW1. (Heatmor, Durant, tirtouga, Carracosta, Cryogonal).
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 6th October 2012 at 4:20 PM.

And what exactly does it appearing post game have to do with anything?

Floppitoad, for me, is completly unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by americanxdream View Post
    Kira, you're supposed to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Kira, you're supposed to be banned.
    For having an opinion?

Only Kira calls it Flopitoad.

And it's a silly opinion.

Also, notice they didn't explain said opinion.
    Last edited by WhyHelloThere; 6th October 2012 at 4:09 PM.

I don't think that Palitoad is mistake

Taking your question literally, no I'm sure the writers didn't make Ash throw his Pokeball at Palpitoad accidentally.

Now, not taking it literally, no. Palpitoad was still useful in the tournament and the gym, and it will probably be useful later on again. Ash is a trainer for God's sake, it's good that he's catching Pokemon

Since BW32 air, four differences thoughts came to my little pichu brain:

1. It was weird seen a double captured in an episode...(I know best wishes breaks tradition)
    2. So maybe both captures were last minute addition (Stunfisk also miss a lot of episodes)
    3. Palpitoad move sets were mean to be more amazing...Earthquake, EarthPower, Muddywater but after the earthquake in 2011, is role was cut down!!
    4. Palpitoad was meant to be on team plasma based episodes!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    As everyone has noticed, Palpitoad has the least screentime and appearances of all of Ash's Unova Pokemon. I am guessing its mainly because its another water pokemon, and with Oshawott being the star, Palpitoad doesn't have much to do.

What I don't understand is why they don't focus on it more. It's facial expressions are very comical, I could have easily seen it being the next Corphish if it were Ash's main water pokemon this gen.

At this point Unova is over, and Palpitoad seems like it's "just there." What do you think?
    No Cyber. It was a great choice. But BW has alot of similarities like Kanto did back then. Palpitaod is basically the Kingler or this series. And anywho, what about Boldore? It needs more apearance too.

My ideal battle ever!

Paplitoad has been useful and powerful BUT they didn't need to cut his negative personality at all. That could have been great for development sure he is heading for the Kingler route but it feels like he does not appear mainly because the writers are afraid he will somehow outshine Oshawott in personality and marketiability.

Anyway that will never happen. He is stronger than Oshawott and has funny faces and because he hardly appears his appearance is more well received than most Pokemon.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

How so? I catch a lot of pokemon in the games that I never ever use..

I see it as a Kingler 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by americanxdream View Post
    The only person I ever heard call Palpitoad that was the 4th Kira...

It'll appear in the Unova League. Just wait for it. And I wouldn't be shocked if it evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    It'll appear in the Unova League. Just wait for it. And I wouldn't be shocked if it evolves.
    and I wouldn't be shocked if all it did was get a short victory scene like Snorlax did in Sinnoh

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Yeah, I agree, Palpi will have his time to shine, and no, it was not a mistake.

Catching Pokemon is never a mistake. Why would someone even think like that.

No it was not a mistake, Palpitoad is the best and he will reign supreme at the league.. hopefully evolving, ala Kingler.

No?

I don't think any capture is a mistake.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Seriously I don't see how its bad. Compared to Muk or kingler its not bad at all.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast