Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    If catching Palpitoab is a mistake then catching a Leavanny & Krookodile was a Mistake too !
    By the way , Shouldn't we suppose to discuss this on Pokemon Capture/Evolution/Release Thread !!!

Hey!!! Krookodile has been treated pretty well <.<
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

May be pidove was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Oh no you didn't <.<!!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Why because you wanted the eagle that got its *** handed to him by Unfezant this week instead?

Non of Ash's captures were mistakes. I'm glad he caught Pidove since that was a much better choice then him getting a ugly boring Eagle Pokemon.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 19th October 2012 at 8:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sereb devil View Post
    Non of Ash's captures were mistakes. I'm glad he caught Pidove since that was a much better choice then him getting a ugly boring Eagle Pokemon.
    That's a matter of opinion. Most people would of been happy with either

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    That's a matter of opinion. Most people would of been happy with either
    Yeah that's true.

Seeing as how my opinion is irrelevant.

In the writers' opinion, yes Palpitoad was a mistake.

Such a mistake they would rather show some random unneeded wild Palpitoad instead of Ash's, who is constantly snubbed for every other Pokémon on Ash's team.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Such a mistake they would rather show some random unneeded wild Palpitoad instead of Ash's, who is constantly snubbed for every other Pokémon on Ash's team.

*Slams face into wall*

No Pokemon is a mistake and there was nothing wrong with a wild cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    *Slams face into wall*

There is when Ash's hasn't appeared or done anything of worth since the 4th gym -_-.

Snivy was a mistake XD
    Palpitoad i dunno maybe yes maybe no

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    *Slams face into wall*

Except for Tauros. The only captures I will consider mistakes because to Ash they were.

Why post it then? if you aknowledge that yourself, not saying that it is, youre the one saying it.

I warned people before it happened that it could be a random one like Leavanny.

Still not a mistake.

Perhaps, they decided to capture SG Krok in the Plasma Episodes and they needed a ground type pokemon for Elesa's gym, so they say "Let's capture the Palpitoad that Ash fought when his pokemon were ill" ... Cilan capture was already written. Oshawott's Aqua jet storyline was already written, they just add the capture of Palpitoad for replacing Krok

Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    Perhaps, they decided to capture SG Krok in the Plasma Episodes and they needed a ground type pokemon for Elesa's gym, so they say "Let's capture the Palpitoad that Ash fought when his pokemon were ill" ... Cilan capture was already written. Oshawott's Aqua jet storyline was already written, they just add the capture of Palpitoad for replacing Krok
    I already said that, specially after when Satoshi and the others were going to die and Palpitoad was the only pokemon that didn't get a memory.

Stunfisk was just edited into the episode.

I don't think it was a mistake. I am sure someday at the league Ash will use his Palpitoad but more screentime .
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why post it then? if you aknowledge that yourself, not saying that it is, youre the one saying it.
    Everyone's opinion is irrelevant here, doesn't mean we can't post our opinion just because of how non-existent importance it is to the writers.

What I was implying is that I don't consider Palpitoad a mistake, but the writers clearly do think it's a mistake.

You don't capture a Pokémon, and not use it, and say that it wasn't a mistake, that logic is extremely flawed. "Oh Palpitoad wasn't a mistake, but we have no desire to use it." Yeah...As if that makes any sense.

This is a recurring theme in Television. If there's a character they can't straight up kill off, they remove the character and phase it out of obscurity to never be heard again except for "reunion-like" episodes for the fans. The only reason why that this doesn't fully apply to Palpitoad, is that in order for their to be a "release" episode they would be forced to be using Palpitoad in a big way which they don't want.

So they are minimalizing Palpitoad's appearances, and phasing it out of obscurity the best way. Sure it'll show up in the league, sure it might evolve, but that's all it's ever going to get except maybe some cameo of it being in Professor Oak's. Or maybe they can suck it up in the filler league and release Palpitoad then. Definitely proving that Palpitoad was a mistake.

After all there's no other reason to release a Pokémon except because it's a mistake.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Rotation might have actually worked if he used more than one slot for reserves outside gym battles. Odd thing is his most used pokemon seem to be the ones least likely to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Snivy was a mistake XD
    Palpitoad i dunno maybe yes maybe no
    Snivy wasn't a mistake since Ash had to have all three of the Unova starters.

This appearance rotation problem would have never happened if Pikachu did not count as member as Ash's team allowing Ash to take 7 Pokemon with him and if the writers realized to themselves, "Hey what's the rush?"

All he needs is more screentime and an evolution.

As for releasing a Pokemon, that is a mistake entirely.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Everyone's opinion is irrelevant here, doesn't mean we can't post our opinion just because of how non-existent importance it is to the writers.

What I was implying is that I don't consider Palpitoad a mistake, but the writers clearly do think it's a mistake.

You don't capture a Pokémon, and not use it, and say that it wasn't a mistake, that logic is extremely flawed. "Oh Palpitoad wasn't a mistake, but we have no desire to use it." Yeah...As if that makes any sense.

This is a recurring theme in Television. If there's a character they can't straight up kill off, they remove the character and phase it out of obscurity to never be heard again except for "reunion-like" episodes for the fans. The only reason why that this doesn't fully apply to Palpitoad, is that in order for their to be a "release" episode they would be forced to be using Palpitoad in a big way which they don't want.

So they are minimalizing Palpitoad's appearances, and phasing it out of obscurity the best way. Sure it'll show up in the league, sure it might evolve, but that's all it's ever going to get except maybe some cameo of it being in Professor Oak's. Or maybe they can suck it up in the filler league and release Palpitoad then. Definitely proving that Palpitoad was a mistake.

After all there's no other reason to release a Pokémon except because it's a mistake.
    I suppose that's a possibility. I mean they might not actually consider him a mistake, but just never really intended him to be a major player in the team. After all out of the reserves(unless you count Unfezant as a reserve) Palpitoad was the only one who didn't have a dedicated capture episode and pre capture bonding, he's a Kingler/Muk situation through and through.
    As for a Poke being a mistake being the only reason to release it, I don't really agree. For Butterfree's case I always saw that as development for Ash, having to let a Pokemon go for the first time, the first one he caught no less. Then there's always the need to free up space in the team for new Pokes, like with Pidgeot.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Its all because they want to pimp out moneymaru as much as possible 5th gen. I dont think he ever got rotated out besides the roxie fight.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Its all because they want to pimp out moneymaru as much as possible 5th gen. I dont think he ever got rotated out besides the roxie fight.
    As far as battling screen time goes Oshawott doesn't even take away much. Palpitoad specifically just isn't seen as a big deal. He's a Muk, caught for the power, used for the power. And yet, not used much at all. Despite the power.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    As far as battling screen time goes Oshawott doesn't even take away much. Palpitoad specifically just isn't seen as a big deal. He's a Muk, caught for the power, used for the power. And yet, not used much at all. Despite the power.
    You still cant deny the wotter never gets rotated out so bosstoad never even gets mealtimes with the gang.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You still cant deny the wotter never gets rotated out so bosstoad never even gets mealtimes with the gang.
    I would agree if they didn't leave that 6th slot open during mealtimes so often. But for some reason they do so yeah I dunno, it's more about the writers being stupid than Oshawott hogging. They could've easily thrown Palpitoad in there in the Snivy vs Cinccino or Bouffalant episodes.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast