Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

It feels more an more like a mistake... especially every time the writers showcase a random Palpitoad instead of Ash's
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It feels more an more like a mistake... especially every time the writers showcase a random Palpitoad instead of Ash's
    This last episode was like the only time we saw a random one since his capture.

The problem is that every single pokemon except the rat should be rotated frequently but the writers can't see that for some reason.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The problem is that every single pokemon except the rat should be rotated frequently but the writers can't see that for some reason.
    Toad plushies don't sell as well as cute otter plushies.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Toad plushies don't sell as well as cute otter plushies.
    Ya but he can still be just as wannabe cute and all that while still being rotated.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't think any capture Ash makes is a mistake to be honest. Muk, Kingler, and Tauros were hardly used throughout the series but I don't see anyone calling their captures a mistake. So far Palpitoad appeared in the first Don Battle tournament Elesa's gym, and Roxie's gym. And we will definitely be seeing Palpitoad in the league. That's more battles than Muk, Tauros, Primeape and Kingler got in Kanto when they were with Ash.

Hey,do you use every pkmn you capture?No?Maybe it's just the same here...Ash doesn't have to use Palpitoad...very easy.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 20th October 2012 at 7:59 AM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I don't think he's a mistake. But Ash doesn't use him very often, and it feels like Palpitoad is just....there. So many wasted opportunities. I'd actually love to see a little more of Boldore too. <:I Granted he's been showing up alot more often than Palpitoad has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Hey,do you use every pkmn you capture?No?Maybe it's just the same here...Ash doesn't have to use Palpitoad...very easy.
    Irrelevant.

Ash doesn't catch every single Pokémon available to him. So the excuse of not using every Pokémon he captures, is not comparable to game players who depending on who they are catch a lot of Pokémon in comparison to Ash.

Not even Oshawott, is there a justifiable reason why Palpitoad is hardly ever used. There is just no excuse for it's in-use.

At least one could argue the reason why Tauros, Muk, Krabby/Kingler is hardly used was because they didn't know what the hell they were doing at the time. They don't have that excuse now after 15 years.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I have no problems with Palpitoad's screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    I have no problems with Palpitoad's screen time.
    But is that because you genuinely think its had a decent amount of screentime or because you don't like it?

Actually it's because I don't care about any pokemon's screen time.

Actually it's because I don't care about any pokemon's screen time.
    Don't you find it frustrating that Palpitoad went over 30 episodes without appearing? :P

No. It's not like he was rotting in a pokeball. He was at the lab with Prof. Juniper.

Krabby and Muk were perfectly happy with Prok. Oak, why wouldn't it be the same for Palpitoad?

No. It's not like he was rotting in a pokeball. He was at the lab with Prof. Juniper.

Krabby and Muk were perfectly happy with Prok. Oak, why wouldn't it be the same for Palpitoad?
    Because things are different now. Back then they didn't know how to handle a big team, these days there better at it so there's no excuse for its lack of appearances

Threre's no excuse, but they may think that there doesn't even need to be. They clearly never intended it to be that important of a character, they probably just didn't take in consideration that there could be people who'd be so upset about it. I wonder how much the target audience really pays attention to every pokes screen time.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

The writers don't like water types. Misty's barely appeared, may's was a DEM haxfest, dawn's refused to evolve, Ash's either refuses to evolve or get almost no screentime.

The writers don't like water types. Misty's barely appeared, may's was a DEM haxfest, dawn's refused to evolve, Ash's either refuses to evolve or get almost no screentime.
    I really hope they make someone else the funny guy in Ash's team next series. We have enough comical Water types who are too popular to evolve. Seismitoad is likely at least and there's always good old Kingler, they just never appear.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

i think the writer really hate water
    and they barely take bath XD ( Joke)

But =.= if next gen ash water pokemon didnt evolve too i think they are barely take bath or they are have tsu**mi trauma

On the other hand, Piplup and Oshawott appear every episode (basically every episode for Oshawott). I think Corphish and Buizel got good attention, just didn't evolve because the writers are mean to us.

Mistake? No no, Ash clearly threw that PokéBall by his own will. :3
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    On the other hand, Piplup and Oshawott appear every episode (basically every episode for Oshawott). I think Corphish and Buizel got good attention, just didn't evolve because the writers are mean to us.
    Corphish didn't evolve because he was the comic relief Pokemon in AG and Buizel didn't evolve because it proved it could go head to head with his evolved form in the Crasher Wake battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Corphish didn't evolve because he was the comic relief Pokemon in AG and Buizel didn't evolve because it proved it could go head to head with his evolved form in the Crasher Wake battle.
    Corphish also proved its strength many times. The writers didn't want to give Ash all evolved pokemon so Corphish & Buizel were made strong enough in there current state

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Thats no reason, if he beat Floatzel as a Buizel it is just means that if he evolved he would be even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats no reason, if he beat Floatzel as a Buizel it is just means that if he evolved he would be even stronger.
    It doesn't matter. The writers knew Buizel wouldn't evolve so they wanted to make him as a powerhouse as a Buizel. I think when he tied with Lucario, a lot of people knew he didn't need to evolve in order to be strong.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast