Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    It doesn't matter. The writers knew Buizel wouldn't evolve so they wanted to make him as a powerhouse as a Buizel. I think when he tied with Lucario, a lot of people knew he didn't need to evolve in order to be strong.
    No, no mater how strong Buizel could become without evolving, if he evolved he would always get even stronger, plus with his competitive nature he should have been an obvious candidate for evolution, like Sceptile and Krokoodile.

Basically torterra is the exception rather than the rule. No matter how strong a pokemon is as a base form, evolving always makes it better.

Not really, did you expect Turtwig to do better against Hippowndon, Claydol, Drapion then Torterra? its not an exception, the writers just messed up and didnt give it a win because they were to worried giving 300 wins to Infernape.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Not really, did you expect Turtwig to do better against Hippowndon, Claydol, Drapion then Torterra? its not an exception, the writers just messed up and didnt give it a win because they were to worried giving 300 wins to Infernape.
    Possibly. It's not like ash hans't beaten similar odds with other unevolved pokemon.

He evolved twice due to lack of power, I doubt Turtwig could do better, in fact he couldn't because if he was still a Turwig the battle were set anyway, he would have lost those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    While i will agree the writers messed up on torterra, i don't believe Infernape is the problem.

Is this business with Palpitoad stemming from today's episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    While i will agree the writers messed up on torterra, i don't believe Infernape is the problem.

Today's episode?! Of, you mean of the English Dub, right?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

The volkner ep could have been resolved by making it a 4v4 with Ash using Gible as his fourth for the fall guy and have Torterra beat Raichu.

Nah, Gible shouldn't be a punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Better gible than torterra.

it could of got redemption at the league. loss to Volkner then its win against conway

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    it could of got redemption at the league. loss to Volkner then its win against conway
    I believe that was his redemption for losing against Empoleon and Darkrai?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Better gible than torterra.
    Nah. I prefer it the way it is. If there had to be a punching bag I'm glad it's Torterra and not Gible.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

I'm not blaming it on Infernape, I'm saying the writers were so worried focusing so much on him they forgot Torterra so I'm blaming ti on the writers I don't blame stuff on fictional characters.

Today or this week?

No the thread has been up for two weeks or so, even before we saw the random Palpitoad in this week episode.

I believe that was his redemption for losing against Empoleon and Darkrai?

Nah. I prefer it the way it is. If there had to be a punching bag I'm glad it's Torterra and not Gible.
    Lol cuz losing his battle after being captured two seconds earlier was so bad right??

HOW ****ING DARE YOU!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

People on serebii use 'powerhouse' way too much. I like Palpitoad, would like to see it become a Seismitoad though. I don't view his Unova team as any stronger or weaker than any of his other teams. They share a lot of similarities (grass starter, flying type, etc). I've never been one for ALL of his Pokemon evolving, but I look at Oshawott, Snivy and Scraggy and can't help but want more. Also think they might miss the boat on an interesting 'trade story' in which Boldore becomes Gigalith, maybe gets separated from Ash for a while, whilst Ash gains possession of another Pokemon that evolves via trade, before being reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    People on serebii use 'powerhouse' way too much. I like Palpitoad, would like to see it become a Seismitoad though. I don't view his Unova team as any stronger or weaker than any of his other teams. They share a lot of similarities (grass starter, flying type, etc). I've never been one for ALL of his Pokemon evolving, but I look at Oshawott, Snivy and Scraggy and can't help but want more. Also think they might miss the boat on an interesting 'trade story' in which Boldore becomes Gigalith, maybe gets separated from Ash for a while, whilst Ash gains possession of another Pokemon that evolves via trade, before being reunited.
    Snivy at the very least lol.

And here I thought the league was a prime opportunity for Ash to use his most neglected pokemon, but given the way things are looking now I'll be glad if all we see of palpitoad is a 1 second snapshot of him beating a COTD if that.

And here I thought the league was a prime opportunity for Ash to use his most neglected pokemon, but given the way things are looking now I'll be glad if all we see of palpitoad is a 1 second snapshot of him beating a COTD if that.
    Lol the league is about rat spamming bro.

The volkner ep could have been resolved by making it a 4v4 with Ash using Gible as his fourth for the fall guy and have Torterra beat Raichu.
    Yes!
    Torterra >>>> Gible.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112