Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

More than mistake, the most appropriate words are "wasted potential".

Surely Palpitoad isn't treated very well (a trait shared by his pond friend, Stunfisk), but at least he is treated better than Kingler. He needs some development, but who knows if the writers will give him what he deserves. At this point, I wouldn't be really surprised if he becomes a mix between Kingler (powerful Water-type) and Croagunk (three moves syndrome and lack of evolution). Hopefully the second part doesn't happen.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    and I wouldn't be shocked if all it did was get a short victory scene like Snorlax did in Sinnoh
    We shall be lucky if we see the end 10- seconds of his possible ONE battle in the Isshu league.

Poor thing, is official the most neglected.

Palpitoad will get used more down the road. It's just that people need to understand that if Ash needs a water Pokemon he has another one as well as him, so there is no reason for a panic attack.

I aslo think some are coming off a bit harsh to everyone. Not everyone will like all of Ash's Pokemon including me but you have to admit that his team needs work. I wouldn't have mind some changes done to his team as well as Palpitaod. But it's here so there is no use in arguing.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 6th October 2012 at 8:40 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Lol, a mistake? Only time Ash made a mistake at catching something was when he caught that rice ball back in Kanto! :P He ate it though so lets just forget about it.

Anyways, Palpitoad's capture was intentional cause Ash noticed him being "strong" besides he's a cool Pokemon and its not like he's been mistreated. *looks at Kingler, Muk and 30 Tauros* Maybe he could appear more and learn some new moves though...

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

The only capture I consider a mistake was his Tauros as he kept catching them by accident

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    The only capture I consider a mistake was his Tauros as he kept catching them by accident
    Well the writers did do that on purpose and its probably why he only uses one of them! I think... I can't really tell them apart.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Fixed

What doesn´t make Krookodile a powerhouse?, Krookodile beat the Dragonite that took Dawn´s powerhouse down.
    And Leavanny actually has strategy, something better than attack after attack after attack until take the Pokémon down with brute force.
    And ... are you writing about the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Pokémon League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that costed Ash the Johto League?, the powerhouse a.k.a. Charizard that couldn´t beat Brandon´s Dusclops that fell against Ash´s unevolved non-powerhouse Bulbasaur?
    In charizard's defence, it WAS Ash that had it use seismic toss (How da heck does one forget about an immunity?) and Charizard did weaken the thing down so bulbasaur could beat the thing. And Charizard did beat gary's starter (blastoise) and was used the day after. But i digress.

I doubt it. I mean he is still a trainer and a trainer's goal is to catch pokemon.

Also it is the same situation as krabby. In a way.

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

Nope!! Palpitoad is awesome lol, the writers are the only mistakes .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

No.

The mistake was ****ing out Moneymaru all the damn time/

No, he wasn't a mistake.
    Palpitoad has been catch because Ash was liking his shape, his power. Palpitoad is just un-used by Ash, it's tuff to him to train nine Pokemon at the shot !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

It wasn't a mistake to capture Palpitoad. But I do wish he got more screentime. But I have a feeling he's gonna shine in the league! And be featured a lot more in a filler season (if there's gonna be one) like Donphan!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No.

The mistake was ****ing out Moneymaru all the damn time/

Oshawott is not to blame either, no matter you hate him or not. He had to earn it, he didn't become popular so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Oshawott is not to blame either, no matter you hate him or not. He had to earn it, he didn't become popular so easy.
    Oh pls -_- by like the 4th episode of BW most people were fangasming over the hog.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh pls -_- by like the 4th episode of BW most people were fangasming over the hog.

In japan. It took time in America and Europe.

Everyone else had to work for it besides pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Everyone else had to work for it besides pikachu.

Pikachu as well. All series mascots had to earn it.

No one gives a **** about America and Europe. Pokemon is a Japanese show.

No one gives a **** about America and Europe. Pokemon is a Japanese show.
    We still matter in the long run, regardless of where it comes from.

We still matter in the long run, regardless of where it comes from.
    No we don't lol the writers don't give a **** what we think. The Japanese people's opinions are the only ones that matter.

No we don't lol the writers don't give a **** what we think. The Japanese people's opinions are the only ones that matter.
    I can't you seriously with the swearing and loling. And while our opinion doesn't matter, we got the series off of being a fad back then.

I can't you seriously with the swearing and loling. And while our opinion doesn't matter, we got the series off of being a fad back then.
    But again, the writers don't look at what other countries people think when making decisions.

But again, the writers don't look at what other countries people think when making decisions.
    Some would turn it into a nostalgia run and recent characters will be left out. Besides, don't like something, why force yourself to stay. To some people's opinion, the anime is bland, but why you care and no story is going to have perfect plot or characters and you have to accept it it.

On topic, Ash's job is to be a Pokemon Trainer and Palpatoad is no mistake.

Some would turn it into a nostalgia run and recent characters will be left out. Besides, don't like something, why force yourself to stay. To some people's opinion, the anime is bland, but why you care and no story is going to have perfect plot or characters and you have to accept it it.

On topic, Ash's job is to be a Pokemon Trainer and Palpatoad is no mistake.
    Ok what are you talking about?? All I said was that Mijumaru was like instantly popular in the anime. He didn't have to work for anything.

Ok what are you talking about?? All I said was that Mijumaru was like instantly popular in the anime. He didn't have to work for anything.
    I know one pokemon that had to work for it IMO.

Chimchar

When he first appeared i was like GDit paul you release the starly but not him? Then I was like ditch that crappy monkey for magmortar already!, Then came the tag battle arc and I was like Oh THAT's why he kept it. Then under Ash I'm like quit being a mini pikachu and being uber powerful while stealing eveyone else's gym battles!. Then he evolved into Monferno and I'm like what a letdown. Then finally he evolved into infernape and my opinion was like OMG FINALLY! And then by the league battle he was my favorite.

Yes. I feel sorry for that pokemon
    Eleboo...Battle Standby!!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast