Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 294

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,787

    Default

    No I don't think he was a mistake. They probably intend for him to be Seismitoad so Ash can have a fully evolved water type without evolving Oshawott

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,907

    Default

    Absolutely. Probably the most pointless capture of Best Wishes, and there has been at least three of them. His best hope is to get used and evolved in the filler.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    I think this is the reason why they wanted him to catch Palpitoad - To prevent Oshawott from evolving.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    I think this is the reason why they wanted him to catch Palpitoad - To prevent Oshawott from evolving.
    That reason is becoming more and more like the real deal :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Beyond the Barricade
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    My main grievance is that I don't think we've even seen Palpitoad and Stunfisk share the screen since they were captured together. Palpitoad needs more "just hanging with the group" moments, and every battle he gets is just a bonus.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    That reason is becoming more and more like the real deal :P
    Why ?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    997

    Default

    While Ash is compounding types with Krookodile/Palpitoad/Oshawott, I don't think it really matters since Ash seems to be able to use all of his Pokemon, even the one's in his PC, at any team because of the poke transfer system, and he doesnt need to level grind much apparently. Anime =/= Games.

    As far as screen time, you can't compare Palpitoad to any other pokemon ash has, since the B/W/2 seasons arent finished yet. Wait until he goes to gen 6, then you can make the tallies.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    That reason is becoming more and more like the real deal :P
    That would only work if Ash was getting or already had a Seismitoad.

    Otherwise Palpitoad is inconsequential to Oshawott's evolving status.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post

    As far as screen time, you can't compare Palpitoad to any other pokemon ash has, since the B/W/2 seasons arent finished yet. Wait until he goes to gen 6, then you can make the tallies.
    Every single Pokémon on the main cast has shown up more than Palpitoad. Even Iris's Dragonite (if you include the Iris 2 focus episodes).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 7th October 2012 at 9:16 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Every single Pokémon on the main cast has shown up more than Palpitoad. Even Iris's Dragonite (if you include the Iris 2 focus episodes).
    This man obviously has the plot notes for the rest of the season.
    Tell me more about how Palpitoad practically wont show up anymore at all in the series.
    However unlikely it may be, Palpitoad could very well get quite a bit more screen time. Again, however unlikely, you cannot rightfully deny the possibility exists.
    I know im being rude here, but come on.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    The problem is that in BW this pokemon has more screentime than Palpitoad herself. Not counting a falshback, he has 6 appearances. Like Oshawott, really.
    Ash's Pikachu, Pignite, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Boldore, Unfezant and Krookodile.
    Iris' Axew, Excadrill, Emolga.
    Cilan's Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk.
    Trip's Serperior
    Bianca's Emboar
    TR's Meowth, Woobat and Yamask.
    Dawn's Piplup.
    Nurse Joy's Audino (I count them).

    The following has exactly the same appearances than Palpitoad with 6 appearances.
    Trip's Conkeldurr.
    Bianca's Minccino
    Stephan's Sawk
    Luke's Zorua.

    They are behind but they have possibilities.
    Special mention belong to Iris' Dragonite who is only one epsiode behind in 9 episodes. And has 2 more appearanes confirmed.
    Georgia's Beartic.

    This means that Palpitoad has a problem in screentime if tied with 4 recurring pkemon, is behind all main characters (the most recent could pass Palpitoad), a cameo's pokemon (needs 3 appearances to this) and rival's and TR's pokemon

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    This man obviously has the plot notes for the rest of the season.
    Tell me more about how Palpitoad practically wont show up anymore at all in the series.
    However unlikely it may be, Palpitoad could very well get quite a bit more screen time. Again, however unlikely, you cannot rightfully deny the possibility exists.
    I know im being rude here, but come on.
    He meant as of right now. And he is right.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    A capture is a capture and is never ever pointless. Palpitoad has been used a few times anyway so it's not like he's just dex filling/trading material(obviously Ash would never get Pokes for these reasons, but still).
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Salvage Springs, Telmani
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    He meant as of right now. And he is right.
    But that doesn't say anything about his importance. Ash could very catch another pokemon before the league, and so wouldn't even Palpitoad have more screen time than it so far?

    I mean, maybe if you take his screen time and compare it to the others at this point in the season and somehow make percents or something then maybe.

    We still have quite a bit left to go cuz the anime has to go until bw2 has made it's run in the game world, and can't continue from Unova until the release of a sixth gen game. So there's plenty of time for Palpitoad to get more screen time.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~



  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    This man obviously has the plot notes for the rest of the season.
    Tell me more about how Palpitoad practically wont show up anymore at all in the series.
    However unlikely it may be, Palpitoad could very well get quite a bit more screen time. Again, however unlikely, you cannot rightfully deny the possibility exists.
    I know im being rude here, but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    But that doesn't say anything about his importance. Ash could very catch another pokemon before the league, and so wouldn't even Palpitoad have more screen time than it so far?

    I mean, maybe if you take his screen time and compare it to the others at this point in the season and somehow make percents or something then maybe.

    We still have quite a bit left to go cuz the anime has to go until bw2 has made it's run in the game world, and can't continue from Unova until the release of a sixth gen game. So there's plenty of time for Palpitoad to get more screen time.

    You seem to be misunderstanding me.

    I don't care about its stupid future appearances, because as far as I'm concerned it's only going to show up in the league and maybe 2 post league episodes.

    What I do care about, is it's horrible underutilization in the present, and how 2 Pokémon caught AFTER Palpitoad has had far more appearances and that's just Ash. Iris's Dragonite is already getting more appearances than Palpitoad and it's the most recent one.

    And there was a 30 episode gap between its appearances.

    So forgive me if I'm not confident in the sudden 50 episode in a row screentime for Palpitoad you seem to be implying that will happen. I'll see it when I see it.

    For right now, it's B.S. how screwed over Palpitoad is. You know sure, I didn't want Palpitoad to be caught, but as I've always said, if it belongs to Ash I have to "care" about it. Even if it was Klinklang that Ash has, it might be the ugliest confusing Pokémon, but I'd be pissed if Ash's hypothetical Klinklang showed up only 6 times out of the 50+/- episodes that it could've been in.

    And no, I don't give a rat's rear end about it's recap appearance in the Don Battle Tournament, that flashbacks, and recaps, hardly count as real appearances. That small cameo of Tranquill in the Scrafty episode is far better than an entire recap of Tranquill/Unfezant in the Skyla gym, because as horrible as that Tranquill cameo was, it was still in the episode's setting, we were seeing it in the flesh.
    ----

    See some of you people, seem to be not getting the point. No one wants more than 10 episode gaps for all the Pokémon no matter what they are. I don't care if Iris got Ash's Gible, as horrible as that would be, as petty I would act, I still wouldn't want 30 episode gaps.

    And no I don't want to see a Pokémon get 5 episodes in a row, and then have a 30 episode gap, no, no matter HOW many episodes in a row a Pokémon gets, I still do not want to see more than 10 episode gaps. Remember before Palpitoad took the honor, that we barely saw Swadloon, and horrible that was. It randomly showed up in that Deino episode, (after the Luke Movie episode before the Club Battle Tournament), and then its NEXT episode, was it evolving into Leavanny prior to the opening them. That was awful. Swadloon at least deserved one battle in between, where it won, just simply because we barely got to see Sewaddle/Swadloon battle.

    The only acceptable more than 10 episode gaps, is ONLY in regards to a next generation setting.

    I expect Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott to be completely irrelevant when 6th gen happens, despite Ash's Oshawott pretty much appearing in more than half of 5th gen anime.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Geez Dman, calm down. You can't expect every Pokemon to show every episode. Yes Oshawott appears in every episode but he is a part of Ash's main Unova Team, the reserves are when he needs them. And it's not a big deal over nothing, it's a childern's anime, not the way of life. Palpatoad will get his time, it's not BS as you're spouting.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    I'm guessing palpitoad being a toad and having the poison touch ability could lead to some unfortunate implications

        Spoiler:

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Geez Dman, calm down. You can't expect every Pokemon to show every episode. Yes Oshawott appears in every episode but he is a part of Ash's main Unova Team, the reserves are when he needs them. And it's not a big deal over nothing, it's a childern's anime, not the way of life. Palpatoad will get his time, it's not BS as you're spouting.
    He is completely right though -_-. There have been plenty of episodes that Palpitoad could of been in, same for the other reserves. The treatment some of the reserves get is pitiful. There is no reason the writers have to keep spamming Mijumaru. And there is also no reason why up until like the 4th gym, only one of the main team as you say was rotated.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He is completely right though -_-. There have been plenty of episodes that Palpitoad could of been in, same for the other reserves. The treatment some of the reserves get is pitiful. There is no reason the writers have to keep spamming Mijumaru. And there is also no reason why up until like the 4th gym, only one of the main team as you say was rotated.
    Why most of you let this get to you? It's a show.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Why most of you let this get to you? It's a show.
    Because I for one really like Unfezant and Palpitoad and the way they are treated is disgusting. Sure Unfezant is getting a little redemption but look how long it took?? Seriously they could of used the reserves in half Mijumaru's appearances considering he never did anything.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Why most of you let this get to you? It's a show.
    Look I know I have a lot of criticisms, but I'm not a robot, I do have criticisms and I am allowed to have those criticisms without having someone respond with "GEEZ, calm down, it's just a show" what the hell kind of counterargument is that anyway?

    Aren't those remarks against the rules anyway, since they're off topic and irrelevant?

    Point is, I'm allowed to dislike the only 6 appearances Palpitoad has been in out of the more than 50 episodes since its capture, and I'm allowed to bring my criticism in a thread revolving around all criticisms directed towards Palpitoad.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Look I know I have a lot of criticisms, but I'm not a robot, I do have criticisms and I am allowed to have those criticisms without having someone respond with "GEEZ, calm down, it's just a show" what the hell kind of counterargument is that anyway?

    Aren't those remarks against the rules anyway, since they're off topic and irrelevant?

    Point is, I'm allowed to dislike the only 6 appearances Palpitoad has been in out of the more than 50 episodes since its capture, and I'm allowed to bring my criticism in a thread revolving around all criticisms directed towards Palpitoad.
    Kingler and most of Ash's Pokemon haven't been used alot more than Palpatoad, why is it such a big deal?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Kingler and most of Ash's Pokemon haven't been used alot more than Palpatoad, why is it such a big deal?
    Kingler/Muk/Palpitoad/Primape pretty much. How is that most of Ash's Pokemon??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Kingler/Muk/Palpitoad/Primape pretty much. How is that most of Ash's Pokemon??
    I said most not all of them from each region.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I said most not all of them from each region.
    Ash has like 40 or more Pokemon, that's not even close to most -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Palpitoad should have showed up more, dman and 1rkhachatryan are right.

    Deal with it, Hero Of Ideals.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •