Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    and some arms!!!
    It would be nice but isn't necessary. As long as it gets used I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Lol palp got neglected for 30+ eps. Then gets destroyed by garbodor.
    Seriously the writers suck -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P1anet Fun View Post
    Whatever, I don't care. I like Palpitoad, and just because it doesn't get enough screen time doesn't mean it was a mistake. When it is used, it's still nice to see it in battle.
    Thank you. In reality none of Ash's Pokemon weren't a mistake. Maybe except for the use of Primeape.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Thank you. In reality none of Ash's Pokemon weren't a mistake. Maybe except for the use of Primeape.
    Na, even Primeape wasn't a mistake lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Na, even Primeape wasn't a mistake lol.
    It was more than Palpitoad. Atleast Palpitoad was used right after it was caught and it's staying with him. Primeape wasn't even given a shot.

My ideal battle ever!

It was more than Palpitoad. Atleast Palpitoad was used right after it was caught and it's staying with him. Primeape wasn't even given a shot.
    Cuz it was disobedient lol.

Yeah I wouldn't want to keep a pokemon that thinks its okay to use my face as a punching bag either.

Yeah I wouldn't want to keep a pokemon that thinks its okay to use my face as a punching bag either.
    Hey now, he was getting better by the end of it lol.

Hey now, he was getting better by the end of it lol.
    Yeah but they still pushed it off the air. So I think Palpitaod is still more useful.

My ideal battle ever!

It's funny that Palpitoad has been used three times just over the course of Best Wishes (and will surely get some spot light at the league) while Muk has had two battles and one win in the entire series yet people complain about Palpitoad. Not that either should be complained about though, just saiyan.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    It's funny that Palpitoad has been used three times just over the course of Best Wishes (and will surely get some spot light at the league) while Muk has had two battles and one win in the entire series yet people complain about Palpitoad. Not that either should be complained about though, just saiyan.
    Poor Muk. he missed out his chance in the battle frontier against that girl Greta which a Haryima and Medicham.

He would have easily defeat Haryiama and have a nice struggle against Medicham.

It is like his defensive capabilities were gimmicks and nothing to be taken seriously in battles......

Paplitoad is not gimmicky at all UNLESS he started using his tongue as a whip or something to defeat type disdvantages.

Paplitoad is complained a lot because he had a lot of wasted potential that could have gotten to a great character with entertaining and bossy personality for the kids and great character development such as learning to work with others and his fatigue problem.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

They should Both be complained about lol.

Cuz it was disobedient lol.
    Robert! Tssk! Tssk!

Primeape wasn't shown to be disobedient much in all fairness. In the first battle it had it fought, yes, didn't quite listen, but nothing akin to Charizard taking a nap, Mamoswine/Dragonite rampaging, or Excadrill not doing anything..

One could even say that you may think so because how it got a bad stigma on the show, because each time they showed it, they showed him when he wasn't captured yet, beating up Charmander for instance.. Oh, and it gave Ash a blue eye, but that was out of affection if you read Ash's pokemon right: Ash returned it with a smile on his face, meaning that he got the gesture..

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Poor Muk. he missed out his chance in the battle frontier against that girl Greta which a Haryima and Medicham.

He would have easily defeat Haryiama and have a nice struggle against Medicham.

It is like his defensive capabilities were gimmicks and nothing to be taken seriously in battles......

Paplitoad is not gimmicky at all UNLESS he started using his tongue as a whip or something to defeat type disdvantages.

Paplitoad is complained a lot because he had a lot of wasted potential that could have gotten to a great character with entertaining and bossy personality for the kids and great character development such as learning to work with others and his fatigue problem.
    I agree on the Muk part, but I don't really get the rest of it.. xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I don't understand the "Palpitoad is funny therefore he should appear more" argument. Personally, I find Palpitoad to be really creepy; its facial expressions literally scare the bejesus out of me. Comedy is completely subjective, so I wouldn't use its "funniness" as a justification for its appearance in the anime. However, it's obvious that he needs more screen-time and development. No, not because he's "funny," but because all of Ash's Pokemon should get equal amounts of screen-time (unless their name is Oshawott).

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Robert! Tssk! Tssk!

Primeape wasn't shown to be disobedient much in all fairness. In the first battle it had it fought, yes, didn't quite listen, but nothing akin to Charizard taking a nap, Mamoswine/Dragonite rampaging, or Excadrill not doing anything..

One could even say that you may think so because how it got a bad stigma on the show, because each time they showed it, they showed him when he wasn't captured yet, beating up Charmander for instance.. Oh, and it gave Ash a blue eye, but that was out of affection if you read Ash's pokemon right: Ash returned it with a smile on his face, meaning that he got the gesture..

I agree on the Muk part, but I don't really get the rest of it.. xD
    But it didn't listen to Ash so he was disobedient to some extent lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I don't understand the "Palpitoad is funny therefore he should appear more" argument. Personally, I find Palpitoad to be really creepy; its facial expressions literally scare the bejesus out of me. Comedy is completely subjective, so I wouldn't use its "funniness" as a justification for its appearance in the anime. However, it's obvious that he needs more screen-time and development. No, not because he's "funny," but because all of Ash's Pokemon should get equal amounts of screen-time (unless their name is Oshawott).
    Ya well Mijumaru isn't funny either yet the writers keep spamming it. I personally think the way Palpitoad just brushes off attacks is pretty funny.

Oshawott's not funny? That's news to me.

I agree. Palpitoad is a reserve and Ash hasn't had any real reserves since Johto. This is the second time other than in OS/IS Ash has catched extra pokemon while having six. The writers haven't known what to do about reserves for a long time. Maybe it would have been best if the writers just letted him kept six Pokemon and catch more Pokemon after the league so that threads like this won't take place.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 18th October 2012 at 7:06 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Ya well Mijumaru isn't funny either yet the writers keep spamming it.
    Well as I said, it's completely subjective. Even if some people don't think he's funny, there are other things he excels at, like being cute. That's more than enough to keep him on people's minds. But unfortunately, our friend Palpitoad doesn't have any other redeeming qualities aside from being a good battler. Then again, since he rarely appears, it's hard to say whether his victories have been deserved or if they've all been flukes. I'll let people come up with their own conclusions, as this is open to interpretation.

And oops, it seems I've gone around the main question ŕ la Romney. I'll just say that while Palpitoad hasn't been active, I wouldn't say that his capture was a mistake. There could be tons of reasons why the writers wanted Ash to capture him, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Oshawott's not funny? That's news to me.

I agree. Palpitoad is a reserve. and ash hasn't had any real reserves since Johto. This is the second time other than in OS/IS Ash has ctached extra pokemon while having six. The writers haven't known what to do about reserves for a long time. Maybe it would have been best if the writers just letted him kept six Pokemon and catch more Pokemon after the league so that threads like this won't take place.
    He makes you want to faceplam not laugh lol. The only funny moments are when he gets pwned.

He makes you want to faceplam not laugh lol. The only funny moments are when he gets pwned.
    My fav part of the snivy ep right there.

My fav part of the snivy ep right there.
    Lmfao, he got roasted .

No, Palpitoad's capture is not a mistake, no capture is, I enjoy seeing Ash with Palpitoad and the other pokemon thank you very much.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and waiting for the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

They should Both be complained about lol.
    Because that'll totally make things better. Yup.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Because that'll totally make things better. Yup.
    Makes me feel better then holding it in lol.

No, Palpitoad is cool.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

If catching Palpitoab is a mistake then catching a Leavanny & Krookodile was a Mistake too !
    By the way , Shouldn't we suppose to discuss this on Pokemon Capture/Evolution/Release Thread !!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast