Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Favourite of each Starter Trio?

Default Least Favourite of each Starter Trio?

I'd do this with a poll if it weren't for the max of ten options...
    So in each starter set, Kanto to Unova, what is your least favourite in that set? Here are mine:

Kanto: Charmander line. Game only they are all equal in my eyes, the Squirtle line maybe taking 1st. However, this may sound cliché, but the way some (only a minority) fans harp on about Charizard, just gets to me. I did a Diamond playthrough with all three Kanto starters and you know who did the best? Venusaur (named Maryjuana), followed by Blastoise. Charizard was actually somewhat underwhelming.

Johto: Totodile line. Again a fairly close one. However I like Chikorita the most and Cyndaquil just edges out so sorry my little Croc.

Hoenn: Mudkip line. I no liekz mudkipz? Yeah, some of the starter designs irk me in this gen. Sceptile is awkward, Combusken is ugly as sin and I don't like the Marshtomp's or Swampert's cheek things. So it came down to (in game) performance. Swampert felt the most awkward.

Sinnoh: Chimchar line. God I hate Chimchar. It has a poop on its head for Pete's sake. Monferno looks fairly cool, but Infernape just returns to the ugly with its stupid armour stuff.

Unova: Tepig line. Another Fire-Fighting, awkward design, unappealing stats. The Tepig line pale in comparison to both Oshawott and Snivy.

Funny. I never disliked the Grass types.
    "I swear Bianca if you crit me I'll push you down the stairs." - The wise words of BlameTruth on Rival battles

Opponent sent out Ninetales!
    Me: I know! Fight fire with fire!
    Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    Ninetales's Flash Fire made it useless....
    Me: 0.0
    -.-
    Stupid saying.........

Planned White 2 Team:
    Biggles Magneto Sally
    Soprana Padfoot Gatling

Generation 1: Charmander
    Generation 2: Totodile
    Generation 3: Mudkip
    Generation 4: Piplup
    Generation 5: Oshawott

I just don't like them in their base forms, I like them when they're full evolved, but not that much.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 7th October 2012 at 4:30 PM.

Generation 1: Charmander - Probably cos Charizard is overrated and has a 4x weakness compared to other Fire starters.

Generation 2: Chikorita - It's the worst to play through the game with.

Generation 3: None of them.

Generation 4: Turtwig - Probably cos it's the slowest of all starters.

Generation 5: Snivy - It's like a speedy counterpart of Chikorita.

I notice here that none of the Water starters made this list, just cos I like Water-types.
    Last edited by OshyHikari; 8th October 2012 at 6:05 AM.

Generation 1: Bulbasaur is cool but my least favorite

Gen 2: Chikorita

Gen 3: None

Gen 4: Chimchar

Gen 5: Tepig
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Chikorita
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: None
    Unova: Snivy
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Kanto: None
    Hoenn: Treecko
    Sinnoh: Piplup
    Unova: Oshawott
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Kanto: ...Eh. I was never fond of the Squirtle line in the least. I went with Charmander the most, with Bulbasaur here and there on occasion, but, meh... It has nothing to do with its usage. I mainly have complications with the design. I suppose I don't fancy bipedal turtles too much. When I was younger the only Squirtle line member I liked was Wartortle. It was mainly because of the furry ears/tail.

Johto: Definitely Chickorita. Its typing was unpleasant for the start of the game... considering it was grass made it even more unbearable. I actually like the Chickorita line, though. I would just rather have Typholosion or Feraligatr over Meganium.

Hoenn: Torchic's okay but gaaah. I loathe Combusken/Blaziken. This Pokemon line is nothing I could ever use and take seriously.

Sinnoh: No, I really do not like Piplup or Chimchar. I think I despise them equally, mainly their final designs. They just look ridiculous.

Unova: Tepig line. Another fighting/fire starter... as if I didn't hate Blaziken and Infernape enough.

The awesome thing is I never really disliked the grass starters. I liked them all for the most part. But then again, for the past 3 generations I have been using grass. Sighhh. I always chose fire until Hoenn ;__; That's when it lost me.
    Alpha Sapphire

Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Turtwig
    Unova: Tepig
    psychomaniac

Kanto: Squirtle. It's design is unappealing to me.
    Johto: Chikorita, only because I think Cyndaquil is cute and Totodile is cool. I like Chikorita, just...not as much as the others.
    Hoenn: Treecko, this one is tough, I love all three, but I have some fascination of Torchic and Mudkip that I just dont have for Treecko, though I have to say, Sceptile is pretty cool.
    Sinnoh: Chimchar. Eh, I dont like it.
    Unova: Snivy. Another hard choice.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Kanto: Squirtle although I will say that this is the only gen where I don't dislike any starter, I just like the other 2 more

Generation 1: None, they're all great in my opinion
    Generation 2: Chikorita, don't know why I picked it in HG/SS
    Generation 3: Mudkip, but he's okay
    Generation 4: Turtwig, but imo I think all Sinnoh starters are bad...
    Generation 5: Tepig line. Like Tepig and Pignite but hate Emboar, and to be honest I think all last evo unova starters are bad

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: I don''t know, this is the only Gen in which I like all starters.
    Hoenn: Treecko. Only Grass starter I dislike
    Sinnoh: Chimchar. I will have Piplup use Brine on you until you drown! Then I'll shred you with Drill Peck.
    Unova: Tepig. Same thing as with Chimchar, just replace Piplup with Snivy.

Did you notice I dislike Fire Types outside Hoenn/Johto?

Kanto - Charmander
    Johto - Chikorita
    Hoenn - Torchic
    Sinnoh - Chimchar
    Unova - Snivy
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Hoenn: Mudkip (Irony)
    Last edited by Seles; 7th October 2012 at 4:19 PM. Reason: Misread title

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Wow, that is going to be a tough one.
    Kanto - The Squirtle line. There is nothing wrong about it, but I like the other two better.
    Johto - The Chikorita line. Again, nothing wrong about it, but I like the other two better.
    Hoenn - The Torchic line. I like Blaziken, but not so much Torchic and Combusken. I am not a Swampert fan either though.
    Sinnoh - The Piplup line. This is the only line I actually dislike. Sinnoh has the worst starters in my opinion, although the other two lines are not as bad as this one.
    Unova - The Tepig line. Now, Tepig itself is my favorite starter in Unova and Pignite isn't that bad, but I dislike Emboar.

Kanto - Charmander
    Johto- Chikorita
    Hoenn - All good
    Sinnoh - Turtwig...
    Unova - Tepigs cute, but beyond that it's just...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Kanto- Charmander(I had a hard time using it)
    Johto-None
    Hoenn-Mudkid(My journey with it was unpleasant to say the least)
    Sinnoh-Chimchar(It was useless)
    Unova- None

Tough one, actually, since I really love Venusaur. I guess it's just because I've always liked Charizard for some reason, and Blastoise is just awesome as well. I mean, it's a turtle with cannons in its shell. Venusaur is still pretty cool, and it's a fantastic Chlorophyll sweeper, but I just like it a little less than the others.

Not a huge Meganium fan at all. I don't know, it just doesn't really do anything special that would make me prefer it over another Grass type. On the other hand, Typhlosion is great for random Eruption spam, and Feraligatr can be downright dangerous in Rain with Dragon or Swords Dance.

Torchic was my first Pokemon in any game, and besides, Blaziken is the best thing since sliced bread. My brother got his first game at the same time and started with Treeko, so I learned early to like Sceptile. Swampert is still really cool, but the others are just bigger favorites of mine. Kinda like Venusaur.

I really like Infernape (if you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of the Fire starters), but neither Torterra nor Empoleon are really all that appealing to me. I guess Empoleon is still a pretty neat Pokemon in competitive battling due to its set of resistances and cool support moves, so I guess I like Torterra just a little less.

Unova: Oshawott
    Emboar just looks awesome to me, and it has a pretty colorful movepool. After playing with Contrary Serperior in DW OU, though, I really learned to like it a little more than Emboar. Samurott is pretty cool too, but it's another case of me liking the others just a little more.

Gen 1: Squirtle
    Gen 2: Totodile
    Gen 3: Torchic
    Gen 4: Turtwig
    Gen 5: Tepig

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Gen 1: None!
    Gen 2: Chikorita: Yeah I may like the cuteness of Chikorita and its evolved form Bayleef but it doesn't really sit well in the advantage department concerning the first two gyms in Johto.:P
    Gen 3: None.
    Gen 4: Piplup: It used to be Chimchar (design) and Turtwig (it levels up so slow) but I sorta dislike Piplup b/c of the anime while it made me like the other starters more. Long story short, Turtwig rules, Piplup drools!
    Gen 5: Tepig: It's an okay-looking Pokemon but I just prefer Snivy/Smugleaf and Oshawott over it.
    Last edited by tomboyTrainer305; 7th October 2012 at 5:04 PM.

Gen I: Bulbasaur
    Gen II: Chikorita
    Gen III: None
    Gen IV: Piplup
    Gen V: Tepig
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Hoenn: Can't choose (They're all awesome)
    Sinnoh: Piplup

Wait, this is the same as the comment above me :P
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Kanto: Bulbasaur ― It never really grew on me;
    Johto: Chikorita ― It's not that I don't like it, it just happens to be my least favourite among the Johto starters;
    Hoenn: Treecko ― It's a quite cool Pokémon, but the fact that its final form doesn't get a second type like its peers makes Treecko my least favourite from the Hoenn starters;
    Sinnoh: Chimchar ― Although I prefer Infernape over Empoleon, I will say Chimchar is my least favourite because here we're talking about starters specifically;
    Unova: Snivy ― Should I even discuss this?
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Kanto: Squirtle.
    I mean, Blastoise is all right, but it's the one I've used the least in the years, plus it's the starter of choice of both my rival ('cause I usually go for charmander) and my brother, ergo my REAL LIFE rival.

Jhoto: Cyndaquil.
    I HATE the whole line so much. Has to be one of the most ridiculous, tasteless pokemon design ever.

Hoenn: None.
    I like all of them. Sceptile is the best one, but I can't pick a fav. between Blaziken and Swampert. Used a lot and learned to love both.

Sinnoh: Turtwig.
    The line was actually pretty neat before it turned into that hideous thing known as Torterra. The typing is also horrifying.

Unova:
    Oshawott. Did they give it such a huge nose on purpose? And Dewott's coloring was a mistake, right? And how did they change so radically to turn into a narwhal-horse? Samurott in itself is decent though, if you look at it on its own and try to ignore its pre-evos.
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 7th October 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Kanto- Though I like all the starters, my vote would probably be squirtle because I haven't found blastoise to be as good a fighter as charizard or venusaur.

Johto- Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is mega-cute in the anime, but typhlosion sucks. I played it in Crystal and have yet to use it in HeartGold or SoulSilver because I haven't restarted the games.

Hoenn- Treecko. Each sceptile I've had is a wimp compared to blaziken and swampert.

Sinnoh- I don't know, it's a tossup between turtwig and piplup. Their final forms just pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is infernape.

Unova- I've only played one game so far, with snivy, so I'm holding off on this.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y
    To reclaim:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast