Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Favourite of each Starter Trio?

Kanto - Bulbasaur. Just never really liked it. Tried using it once, but stopped half way through and restarted to choose a different starter.

Johto - Chikorita. Not only is it kinda weak, but I don't like it's looks at all.

Hoenn - Mudkip. Blame it on the stupid meme. And the fact that I just never liked it. Kinda the same reason as for Bulbasaur.

Sinnoh - Piplup. I actually don't know why. I just don't like it. Haven't even used it once.

Unova - Snivy. I just don't like it at all.

Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
    Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
    Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
    Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
    Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

Default My least favourite starter of each region...

Kanto - Bulbasaur line. It's not that i don't like them, i just like the Charmander and Squirtle line a whole lot better. Especially the Charmander line, Charizard FTW.

Johto - Chikorita line. I was always the offensive trainer, so i didn't like how Chikorita and it's evolutions were defensive pokémon.

Hoenn - Torchic and Mudkip line, since i can't decide which one's worse. I like them both, but not as much as the Treecko line. Yay for Grovyle!

Sinnoh - Turtwig line, obviously. Slow, and a 4x weakness to ice when it evolves into Torterra. Plus a fiery, fighting monkey and an iron penguin are just badass.

Unova - Oshawott line. My favourite's the Snivy line, and Tepig's line has good attack, but Oshawott's line is just terrible. Makes me wonder why i'm choosing Oshawott for my first Black 2 run...
    Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Kanto: Charmander line. I have nothing against Charmander and Charmeleon.
    In fact, Charmeleon is in my TOP20. But Charizard? Can't stand it nor its fans.

Johto: Totodile line. Again, I have nothing against... Totodile.
    It is very cute. But both Croconaw and Feraligatr are ugly as hell, specially the late. >_<

Hoenn: Mudkip line. This time I must say I like all of the starters, so I am picking Mudkip here because it is my least favorite of the trio.
    But even so, I think Swampert is awesome. Easily one of the better looking Water-Type Pokémon.

Sinnoh: I like all of them equally, sorry.

Unova: Oshawott line. All of Unova starters well designed, much like the ones from Sinnoh and Hoenn.
    But I don't know, there is something a bit wrong with Samurott's design... It is just weird. Maybe it is the position of it in the artwork and sprite? >_>

tl;dr: Charmander, Totodile, Mudkip, none, Oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by Neekerisanni123 View Post
    Kanto - Squirtle line. Charmander and Bulbasaur are my favorites, but Squirtle is... meh. Rather boring.
    Johto - Cyndaquil line. To me, Cyndaquil and its evolutions were always kind of weak.
    Hoenn - Mudkip line. Boring. Next.
    Sinnoh - Chimchar line. Another Fire/Fighting-type starter... yay. >_>
    Unova - Oshawott line. I don't like their designs, and their names are kinda derpy.
    I like how you dislike the 2nd Fire/Fighting family and say nothing about the 3th Fire/Fighting family...
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar and Oshawott

Gen 1:I just can't decide.
    Gen 2:Cyndaquil.It and Quilava just looked little cute miserable furries to me.At least Typhlosion is a bit on the cool side.
    Gen 3:Torchic.It's a chicken.A CHICKEN.
    Gen 4:Piplup.Piplup and Prinplup are just Bleh.
    Gen 5:Snivy.Samurott has swords and a mustache,Emboar has tusks and fists.What has Serperior got?Oh right,NOTHING.

Me-I'm different! Everybody hates me, and I hate everybody!

Gen 1: Can't decide although I like Charmander over both Squirtle and Bulbasaur since it's my favorite pokemon but they're still two of my favorites. I usually base favorites on looks and Kanto definitely has the cutest starters, and most badass evolved forms in terms of design IMO.
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil. A weasel isn't my idea of a badass starter :/. Bayleef is my favorite (not Chikorita or Meganium, just Bayleef)
    Gen 3: Mudkip. I don't know what the hype is but it's not that cute to me. In fact, none of the Hoenn starters' designs appeal to me.
    Gen 4: CHIMCHAR. Chimchar is my least favorite starter and least favorite pokemon overall. It's so ugly and gross looking. The anime didn't help either because it's voice was so annoying.
    Gen 5: Oshawott. Gen 5 had the best designed fully evolved pokemon along with Gen 1.

Squirtle, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy.

Gen 1: Bulbasaur line
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil line
    Gen 3: Torchic line
    Gen 4: Piplup line
    Gen 5: Tepig line
    1st X run:

Gen I: Bulbasaur: I don't hate him, he's just my third favorite out of the trio if that makes sense.
    Gen II: Totadile: Again, I don't hate him either, but I like him way less than Cyndaquil (Chikorita is my fav, eat it haters.)
    Gen III: Treeko: Not very fond of him. (again, eat it haters)
    Gen IV: Turtwig?: Eh, I don't really have a favorite/opinion on these guys, I mean they were good they just weren't my favorite trio
    Gen V: Tepig: Freakin bacon. Need I say more? Ok, in reality, I love Tepig's first evolution, but Emboar just looks ridiculous in a bad way. Not my favorite line by any stretch (once again, eat it haters)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Kanto: Guess I'll go with Bulbasaur even though I've never used it.
    Jhoto: Chicorita
    Hoenn: Treeko
    Sinnoh: Don't have one. They're all good.
    Unova: Tepig:
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

1st Gen: Even though I like all three starters, I guess Bulbasaur is just the less chosen out of the three.

2nd Gen: Nothing special or exciting, plain moves. I liked Totodile because his line could actually learn some pretty good moves.

3rd Gen: I don't really have a preference.

4th Gen: I don't really mind the line, but I think Infernape is overrated and overused. And for crying out loud, he's 3'11"! Starters are taller than that!

5th Gen: Y U NO USE TYPE OTHER THAN FIRE FIGHTING?
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

Gen 1: I actually love all of them, but I guess I like Squirtle the least out of them.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil. I think they're cute, just not my favorite.

Gen 3: Treecko.

Gen 4: Turtwig.

Gen 5: Tepig.

Hmm for me it would have to be
    Kanto: I love them all
    Johto: Chikorita or totodile
    Hoenn: Mudkip (nearly no flaws on its part anywhere)
    Sinnoh: hands down its always Piplup and only Piplup
    Unova: oshawatt

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Gen 1: Squirtle
    Gen 2: Chikorita
    Gen 3: Torchic
    Gen 4: Turtwig
    Gen 5: Tepig

Gen 1: Squirtle
    Gen 2: Totodile
    Gen 3: Torchic
    Gen 4: Chimchar
    Gen 5: Oshawott

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

Gen 1: Bulbasaur
    Gen 2: Chikorita
    Gen 3: Treeko, maybe? IDK, I like the Gen 3 starters about equally.
    Gen 4: Turtwig
    Gen 5: Tepig
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Lets see...

Gen 1: Squirtle would be my least favorite, although I do really like wartortle.
    Gen 2: I actually quite like all of the starters from this gen. Chikorita is my current favorite, but totodile was my first starter, so I can't say its my least favorite. I guess I have to say cyndaquil, even though I do still like it.
    Gen 3: Treeko. I rather like all of the base forms from this gen, but none of the third stages very much.
    Gen 4: Piplup, I guess.
    Gen 5: Tepig. Oshawott is the only one of the three I've ever actually trained, though
    White Friend Code: 2709 1720 9523

My General DeviantArt: http://runningspud.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon DeviantArt: http://spuds-pokemon.deviantart.com/

1: None, honestly I can't decide. I really don't like Venasaur but I love Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.
    2: Chikorita
    3: Torchic
    4: Chimchar
    5: Oshawott

It's funny because in almost every intstance, my least favorite is the one I picked in my first play through of each. Ha!
    FC: 3354-1955-6602
    Gen 6 - Pokemon X
    Find me elsewhere @
    ~*yermeowjesty*~

Quote Originally Posted by chyanneKupo View Post

It's funny because in almost every intstance, my least favorite is the one I picked in my first play through of each. Ha!
    I did that with Turtwig even though I hate Torterra, just because I wanted to have a Lucario in my team and didn't want any pokemon of the same type together :P
    I regret it now though, 'cause I got the change to use Empoleon (the best one) in platinum but never really trained an Infernape, who is also very cool.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Chikorita
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: Piplup
    Unova: Snivy

Let's see

Kanto: Squirtle - A difficult choice but ultimately Squirtle while cool isn't as cool as Bulbasaur or Charmander
    Johto: Totodile - Again difficult choice. I don't like Chikorita much.
    Hoenn: Mudkip - Just don't like the line much...
    Sinnoh: Chimchar - Don't really like the Sinnoh starters much at all, but I like Chimchar least of all
    Unova: Tepig - Not much of a problem deciding here. At least Snivy looks great.
    *signature coming soon...*

Kor'vodisth - Flame Of Courage

Fave Starters: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar and Oshawott
    Fave Pokemon: Ninetales
    Fave X/Y Starter: Fennekin

Known as Crimson Arcanine on Pokecommunity Forum
    Known as SoulflameNinetales on the Pokemasters forum

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Llama View Post
    I'd do this with a poll if it weren't for the max of ten options...
    So in each starter set, Kanto to Unova, what is your least favourite in that set? Here are mine:

Kanto: Charmander line. Game only they are all equal in my eyes, the Squirtle line maybe taking 1st. However, this may sound cliché, but the way some (only a minority) fans harp on about Charizard, just gets to me. I did a Diamond playthrough with all three Kanto starters and you know who did the best? Venusaur (named Maryjuana), followed by Blastoise. Charizard was actually somewhat underwhelming.

Johto: Totodile line. Again a fairly close one. However I like Chikorita the most and Cyndaquil just edges out so sorry my little Croc.

Hoenn: Mudkip line. I no liekz mudkipz? Yeah, some of the starter designs irk me in this gen. Sceptile is awkward, Combusken is ugly as sin and I don't like the Marshtomp's or Swampert's cheek things. So it came down to (in game) performance. Swampert felt the most awkward.

Sinnoh: Chimchar line. God I hate Chimchar. It has a poop on its head for Pete's sake. Monferno looks fairly cool, but Infernape just returns to the ugly with its stupid armour stuff.

Unova: Tepig line. Another Fire-Fighting, awkward design, unappealing stats. The Tepig line pale in comparison to both Oshawott and Snivy.

Funny. I never disliked the Grass types.

I majorly disagree with people that hate the fourth generation strarter Chimchar line. Infernape is able to make it into the OU, as well as being able to pown both Empoleon and Torterra in a battle. (Close Combat on Empoleon and Overheat on Torterra).

My least favorite starter for all generations are water starters. Water is one of the weakest types, no matter how many advantages you give it. Fire is my favorite. I agree, Fire and Fighting gets a bit annoying, but it has many advantages. And grass is just...... meh.....
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Gen1: Probably Bulbasaur, but honestly all of these are good.
    Gen2: Totodile.
    Gen3: Treecko, mostly because the other two are two of my favorite starter lines ever. Though Gen3 overall had really good starters.
    Gen4: PIPLUP. And no, not because of the anime. I started my first Gen4 game with Piplup and I hate its final form so much. I just didn't like the Water/Steel combo at all.
    Gen5: I can't really say here because I haven't had Snivy yet.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    Emerald Team:
    Diamond Team:
    Platinum Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black Team:
    White2 Team:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast