Thread: Another 5th Gen RMT

Default Another 5th Gen RMT

Hello everyone. This is a team I've been using for a short time on the PO server to get a feel for 5th gen competitive battling. Its done pretty well in the short amount of time I've been using it which is kind of surprising for something I just slapped together in a few minutes. I haven't run into anything which absolutely destroys me yet, but maybe someone else will see something I haven't so I guess here it is:

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 40 Def / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - U-turn
    - Stealth Rock

Celebi has done well as a lead this gen despite the set being made back in DP. It handles Gigaiasu leads fairly well, as well as most other leads I have run into. Its pretty self explanatory, set up Rocks then either attack or U-Turn out to something else to do damage. It also has weaknesses to alot of types which Blaziken resists which is helpful so I can U-Turn out for a free Speed Boost.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Eccentric
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Transform

This is the most imaginative set ever devised thus far in BW. Seriously though, its easily the best revenge killer in the game as I find Shanderaa to be highly overrated from personal experience. There really isn't much to explain...Eccentric is awesome.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 172 HP / 86 Def / 252 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Psycho Shock / Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Recover

This is a bulky attacking Rankurusu I made and its done pretty well so far. Its awesome defenses pair well with its Special Attack and it can be quite difficult to take down if the opponent lacks an appropriate counter. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball provide perfect coverage together which seemed more important than Energy Ball or Thunder. Recover makes this thing even more annoying than it already is. I am currently using Psycho Shock, though I'm considering replacing it with Psychic.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Overconfidence
    EVs: 232 Atk / 26 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Dance

Salamence makes a comeback this gen with his good old DD set, only this time he has a new ability. Overconfidence boosts his Attack each time he gets a kill which makes him a nightmare to stop as he can deal more damage than he could with Outrage by using Dragon Claw. As a side note Outrage is also illegal with Overconfidence, not that it matters since the drawback would screw over the set anyways, so Dragon Claw would probably end up the standard even if Overconfidence and Outrage were legal. This is probably the MVP of the team at this point and has already swept twice without even needing to DD.

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

Blaziken is one of the biggest threats already. Its nearly impossible to stop after it gets two Speed Boosts and a SD. Ditto is one of the few things which can stand up to this, so I've considered running Protect over SE to laugh as it kills itself, though SE has been too helpful to pass up. Blaze Kick might also be a suitable replacement for Flare Blitz, though recoil hasn't been too much of an issue yet.

Doryuuzu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Throw
    EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance

The weak link of the team thus far. I used him for two reasons. First I wanted a Rapid Spinner, second I wanted something which could counter all the Sand teams which seem to be running everywhere. He hasn't done a great job so far, but I'll still give him a bit more of a chance before I ditch him. He can be pretty threatening after a Swords Dance, but its rare that he actually lives long enough to set it up.

Note: I haven't been using this team long and I didn't put as much thought into it as normal, so I might have quite a few glaring weaknesses.
    Last edited by d0nut; 1st October 2010 at 4:06 AM. Reason: PS works on Subs now...apparently it was a bug that was fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

Hey, nice team you've got there! It's great to finally see someone using a SD Blaziken on one of these RMT's!

In my (brief) personal experience, Doryuuzu really needs Sandstorm to be especially effective. However, you could use that Rapid Spin, as Salamence (your MVP) doesn't much appreciate Stealth Rock. Another good Rapid Spinner would be Starmie, who has actually been pretty decent even in this new generation by what I've seen. Also, it is able to take out many of the key players in Sandstorm teams.

I'll have to do a little more research and hopefully get back to you on this, but it looks pretty good.

Run max speed on Doryuuzu. Losing the chance of a speed tie vs other Jolly Doryuuzus isn't worth whatever 20 HP EVs gives you. If you really need them, take them out of attack.

That being said, Idk if I'd even bother using it. It's pretty subpar without sand, and if you really just wanted a sand counter, Randorosu is better since it takes advantage of the sand with Sand Strength, and actually gives you something that can switch in on the two key players of "sand" teams, Doryuuzu and Tyranitar (though in my experience most people just use these two as opposed to basing their entire team around sand). Maybe Earthquake/Stone Edge/Swords Dance/U-Turn@Leftovers? The main move you'd want would be U-Turn though, because...

Sazandora. It's never sweeping you, but honestly that shouldn't be most people's concerns anyways since it's not that fast. The problem with running Doryuuzu is that it gives it an easy switch-in, at which point it fires off a Draco Meteor and something is seriously injured as nothing else on your team resists it. Using Randorosu over Doryuuzu allows you to spam U-Turn to help keep it away so you won't have to sacrifice as much.

Dory has been a little better after playing with it a bit more, though I still think I could do better with something else. Starmie and Randorosu are both great ideas. Starmie allows me to keep a Rapid Spinner and is just awesome in general, though it does leave me without a Dragon or Rock resist. Considering how great Ditto is this might not be an issue but I'll definately try testing it first. Randorosu has the same problems, though it seems like it might fit the team better. Having a Rapid Spinner isn't absolutely necessary, so I think I'll try him out too and see which I like best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

good team imo

Holy cow, this RMT is so old that he's got Blaziken and Excadrill, and he's using names like Rankurusu and Doryuuzu. Too bad, I thought d0nut had come out of retirement or something.

Yeah, don't bump threads like this. Especially those that are over 2 years old, my word.