Thread: in-game team question suggestion needed

Default in-game team question suggestion needed

Hi, after alot of reading about Ev's and Iv's and pokemon teams. I finally create a team in my mind. I wonder is this good. Please commend

Skarmory
    Item: Leftovers
    Ev Spread: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spe
    252 HP / 96 Atk / 140 Def / 20 Spd
    nature : impish
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Drill Peck
    ~ Rest
    ~ Whirlwind / Roar
    Role: wall

Salamence
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Flamethrower (counter steel type)
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Role: physical sweeper

Gardevoir
    -thunderbolt
    - WoW
    - calm mind
    -physics
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Character: timid
    Role:Spec sweeper

Ninjask
    EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Moves:
    Protect
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    need suggestion for the last move

A mix sweeper (most likely metagross)
    A tank (mostly likely swampert)
    I have not think of a moveset for them yet..

Another question. Should IV change the way i distribute my EV's? Because i roll a Gardevoir with the following IV :
    4-5hp
    25-26def
    30-31 speed
    30-31 spatk
    28-29 spdef
    I wonder i should redistribute my EV from speed to Hp or should i stay the same with 252spatk/252 spe/4hp

You mention that Salamence is physical but the only physical move it carries is Earthquake. Dragon moves are special and it is more suitable to call that a mixed sweeper, and modify nature and EV's to suit that role. Flamethrower is generally a good move for Salamence, as it destroys Skarmory and Metagross. The remaining Steel types can be dealt with easily with Earthquake. If you want to run one mixed and one physical sweeper, don't run Metagross mixed and Salamence physical, but run Metagross fully phyiscal and Salamence mixed.

Metagross
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk, 100 Def, 156 HP
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Agility / Shadow Ball / Explosion

Metagross basically only does physical well. It has plenty of coverage and there aren't really any foes for it where special moves would be preferable over its physical power. Perhaps Thunderpunch hits Skarmory a bit harder, but in-game Skarmory isn't a threat to Metagross, it never runs Whirlwind and almost never Spikes, which are the only things it can really do competitively when facing Metagross.

For the last move on Ninjask, Substitute is often used to block foes in between using Protect to rack up more Speed boosts to Baton Pass.

Swampert is a good pokémon, it can do quite a bit. Special walling isn't its speciality but electric immunity makes up a lot. Something like this works:

Swampert
    Sassy nature
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Rest
    -Curse
    basically curselax only a bit different.

Swampert can run many sets quite viably, it can also run a more offensively oriented set:
    Swampert
    Relaxed nature
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Mirror Coat

The Dome Ace at the Battle Frontier actually runs this set as well, with Leftovers, and it can beat quite a large number of pokémon. It's good defense lets it handle physical attackers while Mirror Coat takes out special attackers like Starmie. Just avoid grass at all cost. It can't really get around bulky stat boosters though, like Calm Mind Recover Latias, Curselax, etc, because it lacks the ability to recover damage quickly and it lacks the ability to stat boost, which CursePert can.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'