Thread: Team Stone Song (Wifi LU MonoRock)

Default Team Stone Song (Wifi LU MonoRock)

Hi there! I'm Billy Mays, and I'm here to... Ah, **** it. Here's a LU MonoRock team, Team Stone Song.

Rock is an interesting type. All the Pokemon I use on my team except Areodactyl require some setup, which is a little tricky, but if even one of them manages to get set up, it becomes nearly unstopable.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
    Jolly - Lightningrod
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Sword's Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Rhydon is here as an opening sweeper, with Rock Polish boosting his speed to a respectable 392. While not hugely fast, it outspeeds all of his threats, bar Choice Scarf Sceptile. Sword's Dance is for an optional Attack boost, but not by any means necessary. Stone Edge and Earthquake are on like all of my Pokemon here.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
    Jolly - Unnerve
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail
    -Pursuit

My supreme revenge killer / late game sweeper, and a top threat form DPPt. Stone Edge and Earthquake for coverage, with Aqua Tail to hit anything that SE and EQ don't. Pursuit for Pursuit trapping. Unnerve > Pressure, because Pressure is useless on a frail mon like Aerodactyl, while Unnerve is only almost useless.

Aggron @ Life Orb
    Jolly - Rock Head
    246 Attack, 80 HP, 184 Speed
    -Autotomize
    -Head Smash
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail

Autotomize Aggron hits 400 Speed after one Autotomize, outspeeding everything unboosted. Head Smash / Earthquake / Aqua Tail for coverage, same as Aerodactyl.

Omastar @ White Herb
    Timid - Swift Swim
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Defence
    -Shell Smash
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Ice Beam

Omastar is pretty much my only option for a Rock-typed Special Attacker. Archeops has a decent Sp. Atk, but an unusable ability. Shell Smash lets him outspeed pretty much everything and OHKO nearly all threats. Surf is a great STAB attack, with Hidden Power (Grass) and Ice Beam to back it up with nearly flawless coverage.

Cradily @ Leftovers
    Bold - Storm Drain
    252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    -Amnesia
    -Energy Ball / Barrier

Cradily is a mixed tank, with naturally high Defense and Amnesia to boost his Special Defense. Recover for healing. I'm thinking of running Barrier over Energy Ball to make him indestructible, in which case I'd also use Suction Cups. Besides, the only things not affected by poison resist Energy Ball. Toxic for killin' stuff.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Impish - Contrary
    80 HP, 176 Defence, 252 Sp. Def
    -Shell Smash
    -Power Split
    -Toxic
    -Rest

Shuckle is a defensive monster. Contrary Shell Smash raises his Defences while lowering his Attack. Power Split cuts down an opponent's Attack severely, normally forcing a switch. Toxic is really his only way of pumping out damage, and Rest is his only recovery move. One problem he faces is Critical Hits, because they ignore his defense boosts.

Okay, so that's it.

If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Just saying, but you really should wait until your last RMT leaves the front page before posting a new one, and you currently have 4 on the first page alone.

While I'm here, Giga Drain is now legal on Storm Drain Cradily, so definitely go with that over Energy Ball. Also, I'm not sure what exactly is in LU, but if it's anything like Smogon RU then you should probably run HP Fire over Amnesia to keep Pokemon like Ferroseed from setting up all over you.

Good luck with your team! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Just saying, but you really should wait until your last RMT leaves the front page before posting a new one, and you currently have 4 on the first page alone.

While I'm here, Giga Drain is now legal on Storm Drain Cradily, so definitely go with that over Energy Ball. Also, I'm not sure what exactly is in LU, but if it's anything like Smogon RU then you should probably run HP Fire over Amnesia to keep Pokemon like Ferroseed from setting up all over you.

Good luck with your team! ^_^

I'm attempting to make Monotype teams for all 17 types, hence the large amounts of threads I made. I'll slow them down a bit though, or maybe I just won't bother posting them.

Anyways, I didn't know Giga Drain was legal now. I'll use that instead. I haven't run into any problems with Ferroseed, but I'll try HP Fire over Amnesia.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

I'm not too familiar with LU, but I'm pretty sure the Hitmonduo is often used there. You can hardly take down a Hitmonlee at doubled speed, since only Shuckle can take Fighting hits. Maybe scarf Aerodactyl is fast enough to outspeed?
    Nice team C: Original Rhydon set, but don't you want the Rocks down?
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Quote Originally Posted by The Skydryver View Post
    I'm not too familiar with LU, but I'm pretty sure the Hitmonduo is often used there. You can hardly take down a Hitmonlee at doubled speed, since only Shuckle can take Fighting hits. Maybe scarf Aerodactyl is fast enough to outspeed?
    Nice team C: Original Rhydon set, but don't you want the Rocks down?
    Scarf Aerodactyl outspeeds Deoxys-S, but I'm not sure if he's got the power to OHKO Hitmonlee. I'll have to do some calcs.

I'll try Rocks over Swords Dance on Rhydon.