The Little Troll That Could

Overview

Hello Smogon, and welcome to my 2nd ever RMT. The first time I made a Little Cup team, it was back in the Gligar era(yea, it was that long). However, after talking to my friend KingTorterraXIV on IRC, we came up with a team that revolved around a underrated LC Pokemom, Houdour. Now, after playing for about a week, I got to #1 on BOTH major simulators. Pretty good from your friendly neighborhood troll huh. Learning as I went along, this team has served me wonders on the ladder, and a couple people are using this in the LC Open(won't be saying WHO tho ). Not bad for a guy who learned as he went along Anywho, enjoy the obligatory poster below as well as the Team Building Process.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2hmdgty.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- TBP and Team Ranking:

AND NOW, THE TEAM....

w/ 1st Gen Sprites FTW!

@
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 36 Atk / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
IVs: 3 HP
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

• Why this pokemon?

This set made me love Houndour so much, its now one of my favorite Pokemon and something I'll use in my next Plat playthrough. Anywho, Houndour's great Drak/Fire STAB combination hits alot of LC hard, which isn't amazing in the fast pace metagame. 17 Speed and Special Attack isn't that bad, and when you remember that it also has Sucker Punch to get rid of faster shizz, Houndour is solid. Protect is used for several reasons. One, it saves it from Fake Out, which can be crucial if Mienfoo is my opponent's only way of stopping Houndour. It also allows me to scout what my opponent is doing, which means I can Sucker Punch predicting an attack. Fire Blast and Dark Pulse are STABs, and they destroy everything. Starmie takes 45% from Fire Blast, a 2HKO combined with Rocks and Sucker Punch. The HP IVs means that it has 19 HP, aka 1 HP recoil from LO.
  • Possible Changes:

- Flash Fire > Early Bird, though Early Bird is cool in that Pory doesn't troll this set as much as it would with Flash Fire

- I guess Pursuit > Protect, though dodging Mienfoo(especially Scarf variants that use HJK) is too much to pass up imo
@
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
IVs: 29 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

• Why this pokemon?

Staryu is awesome at what it does, gets rid of entry hazards while providing enough offense to make it setup bait. STAB Hydro Pump screws up every ghost trying to spinblock except Frillish, which says hi to Thunderbolt. Those two moves also have good coverage on the tier, missing out to only Snover, Lileep, Chinchou, and Ferroseed in terms of common usuage pokes. Combine this with Recover, which allows me to dodge Sucker Punch as well as heal, and Natural Cure, which means it can absorb T-Waves and Toxics, and Staryu supports Houndour really well. The 29 SDef IVs mean that Download Porry(which was p. common on the ladder, 1 Download Pory for every 2 Trace ones) get the Attack boost, which is crucial as it can be troublesome with a Special Attack boost.
  • Possible Changes:

- Hidden Power Fire to deal with Snover and Ferroseed, and I am considering this hard too, with the Snover weakness and all. Help guys?
@
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- AncientPower
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

• Why this pokemon?

Meet the premier LC tank. With such decent typing, a great ability, recovery, and eviolite, this thing is amazing and hard as hell to take down. This is my answer to Krow, Missy, Drilbur, Sandscrew, and any other weird thing that doesn't use strong Fighting or Ice type attacks. AncientPower is used over Hidden Power Rock because it'll screw with Lileep's great EV spread, which gives it solid mixed defense. STAB Giga Drain is also great when dealing with those threats, and the small recovery is nice too. Toxic rounds off the set, as Golett can set up rocks, and its great at braking down Missy and Krow and co.
  • Possible Changes:

- Lol None, maybe Stealth Rock > Toxic, but only if I get rid of Golett
@
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 HP / 244 Atk / 116 Def / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

• Why this pokemon?

Why is this thing so underrated? Seriously, I would ladder with this thing and NO one knows what it does. Is it that bad, or do people not realize the potential? Not only can this thing provide Stealth Rock, it can also spinblock(aka sac itself so Staryu can't spin, allowing me to bring in Krow for the revenge. Even better since most people spin expecting me to switch), as well as be a great Fight resist, since Mienfoo can't get past it, and it also deals somewhat well vs Timburr, but only decently at best. 11 Speed allows me to outpace Pory, Hippo, and bulkier versions of Magnemite. Drain Punch and Ice Punch are great coverage options, allowing me to screw over Drilbur, Hippo, Pory, Diglett, and other things weak to those two attacks.
  • Possible Changes:

- Missy may work here, since it provides more special bulk and doesn't bring an Ice weakness(aka, help with Snover problem), but Golett does its job well, and it clears up a spot for Lileep to Toxic, which has saved me some games.
@
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

• Why this pokemon?

Anyone who wants to get into LC needs to use Mienfoo. This thing is the utility mon of LC, its so basic and so good that its no wonder its constantly #1 in LC usage. This is a more physically defensive spread meant to deal with Scarggy better, and it does help alot vs Scarggy and other Physcial Pokemon. Drain Punch is used over HJK because it deals consistent damage as well as heal Mienfoo, which is great since sometimes switching may not be ideal. Knock Off takes away Scarfs, Evoilites, Life Orbs, and other items that are useful. And of course, U-turn picks up momentum as well as heals Mienfoo thanks to Regenerator.
  • Possible Changes:

- There is a reason why its #1 guys, ofc I won't change this. Maybe HJK > Drain Punch, buts thats a risk in itself.
@
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

• Why this pokemon?

When you have the 1st 5 picked out, usually the 6th Pokemon is the one that brings the team together. Revenge killers are usually a team's glue, and my team is no different. Murkrow has saved me so much games due to its Speed as well as power, as it can easily punch through even the bulkiest of Pokemon. Brave Bird is ridiculous, especially with STAB, plus Sucker Punch to troll Pokemon that use priority/faster than Krow is great as well to take care of those threats. Heat Wave is for Snover, Magnemite, Ferroseed, and Bronzor, while HP Grass are for Clamperl and that turtle. Insomnia tops it off, making it a great switch to Foongus, as it can get a free switch to Spore and it resists Giga Drain. Stun Spore and Sludge Bomb are still annoying though.
  • Possible Changes:

- Dark Pulse > HP Grass for times when you need a Dark STAB that doesn't work only when your opponent decides to attack

- Another Scarfer(Magby, Tailow, a few others) to deal with things Murkrow can't do, but cmon, Magby. I'm not THAT stupid.
Final Look

Spoiler:- Import; Change Dour's HP IVs to 3, Star's SpDef IVs to 29: