Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone suffer from a mental illnes?

Hybrid View

Default Does anyone suffer from a mental illnes?

I feel this is an important topic to talk about and seek help and advice from our peers.

I have schizo-effective disorder (which is a mild form of schizophrenia), along with depression. I'm currently taking medication but I still have symptoms of the schizo-effective. Luckily, the medication for the depression works.

Anyone else going through a similar event?

inb4 self-diagnosed autists

Well, so this doesn't look like complete spam, I do not have a mental illness, and haven't been tested for anything. What bothers me is people who self diagnose based on some random online self-testing criteria and then act as if they have been professionally diagnosed. Mental illness sucks, but if you have to use it as an excuse for every stupid thing you do you probably don't have anything. Don't blame your supposed 'Aspergers' because you have a crappy social life. I know people with Aspergers or other forms of Autism and they lead decent social lives.
    Last edited by sweetie; 7th October 2012 at 7:47 PM.

oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

Quote Originally Posted by donteatsoap7 View Post
    I feel this is an important topic to talk about and seek help and advice from our peers.

I have schizo-effective disorder (which is a mild form of schizophrenia), along with depression. I'm currently taking medication but I still have symptoms of the schizo-effective. Luckily, the medication for the depression works.

Anyone else going through a similar event?
    Yep. Doctors arent 100% sure what it is but its probably bipolar. Having a hard time getting a balance of meds that work. **** sucks. Going to the doctor tuesday to get something different assuming I can get my insurance straightened out. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Yep. Doctors arent 100% sure what it is but its probably bipolar. Having a hard time getting a balance of meds that work. **** sucks. Going to the doctor tuesday to get something different assuming I can get my insurance straightened out. -.-
    Yeah, doctors just assume what it is based on what you tell them and if you have difficulty explaining it (like me) they don't know what to do. Yeah, it took me a while to get the right meds for me. just know they are a lot out there so if one or two don't work, you could try others. I really hope you get everything situated because insurance is great to have.

Quote Originally Posted by donteatsoap7 View Post
    Yeah, doctors just assume what it is based on what you tell them and if you have difficulty explaining it (like me) they don't know what to do. Yeah, it took me a while to get the right meds for me. just know they are a lot out there so if one or two don't work, you could try others. I really hope you get everything situated because insurance is great to have.
    YES. I have so much trouble explaining whats wrong(Partly cuz I dont fully understand it myself I guess). I feel like Im gettin close to finding meds that work tho. And pills are sooo expensive when you dont have insurance.

I have Aspergers but it is more like the joker card of life than a disorder. My thought pattern is incredibly hard to read and most times I am only feeling what I am told I am feeling. Inherently I just mimic others.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I got anxiety and it's a *****. I can rarely get deep breathes from it and on top of that depression comes along with the anxiety. I went to the doctor and they gave me Xanax but it really ****ed me up. I always smoked weed but I wanted to find a way to do it legally but I don't like pills so ya, I just smoke medical marijuana from Colorado.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    I got anxiety and it's a *****. I can rarely get deep breathes from it and on top of that depression comes along with the anxiety. I went to the doctor and they gave me Xanax but it really ****ed me up. I always smoked weed but I wanted to find a way to do it legally but I don't like pills so ya, I just smoke medical marijuana from Colorado.
    Xanax is great but its addictive as ****. I got anxiety and depression like nobodys business haha.

OCD.... big time case of it.... ADD/ADHD as well.
    I am who I am. There's nothing more than that. I am a geek and a nerd and a musician, a future music educator. I play pokemon and watch movies with a passion. I am who I am.
    Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip? - Eminem
    “Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.” - Beethoven

Not that I know of, but I haven't exactly went to a psychiatrist to see if there is anything wrong either. There could very well be something wrong with me, but I don't see much point in getting a diagnosis.
    Last edited by Zazie; 8th October 2012 at 4:33 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I have depression.

If germaphobia (diagnosed as OCD, I guess) counts, well, yes. I just don't enjoy germs, lol. *washes hands*

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Starting about four years ago and ending around October of last year, I had PTSD from a stressful school environment. I'm over it now, but there are occasions where it comes back for a bit - usually in the form of depression and unwanted suicidal thoughts.

no,though i hate keeping my hands still,especially if i'm sitting down. ive noticed that people with ADHD are fun to be around [:

I have depression.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Well, I haven't been diagnosed by a professional, but I took a test for AS, and I got a high score. Then someone with Asperger's explained that ASers are emotionally retarded, which I'm not...So...As far as I can tell, I have the thought processes of an autistic person, but with a sunny bright personality.

My social life sucks.

everyone has a small degree of psychopathy to them. It just depends on the magnitude and severity of the learned "abnormality."

I have a learning disability, schizopal disorder, suffer badly from bi-polar disorder and a lot of depression. Been on and off of therapist most of my life. I every once in a while suffer from anxiety attacks by too much stress.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I have social anxiety disorder, depression, and body dysmorphic disorder.
    Last edited by Squeegie; 8th October 2012 at 8:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    I have social anxiety disorder, depression, and body dysmorphic disorder.

The latter when coupled with the prior is just you being shallow to compensate, like a guy who has no luck with the ladies so he works out on an absurd level.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I was once told by a relative/friend, whom is going for their Ph. D. in clinical psychology, that I may have a mild case of aspergers, but I have never been tested for anything.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 8th October 2012 at 6:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    The latter when coupled with the prior is just you being shallow to compensate, like a guy who has no luck with the ladies so he works out on an absurd level.
    I have been diagnosed with these problems by a doctor and am currently seeing a therapist. Having body dysmorphic disorder coupled with social anxiety disorder is no fun to have. I literally can't even look at myself because I am so disgusted by what I see, but other people see nothing wrong with me. The social anxiety disorder causes me to have panic attacks in public. I don't know why in the world you think I'm shallow, I can't help that I have these problems, at least I'm trying to fix them.
    Last edited by Squeegie; 8th October 2012 at 9:29 PM.

edit edit edit

damn it. I quoted everyone but only the last one saved in my clipboard. -_-

Okay, this is getting annoying. I quoted a bunch of people and right when I get to the end, the site somehow erases all my copied text (and of course I copied again before proofreading -_-). Basically, I want to wish everyone good luck and just know that I'm here for support. We're going through a lot of stuff and it's good to know that there are like-minded individuals out there.
    Last edited by donteatsoap7; 9th October 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    I have been diagnosed with these problems by a doctor and am currently seeing a therapist. Having body dysmorphic disorder coupled with social anxiety disorder is no fun to have. I literally can't even look at myself because I am so disgusted by what I see, but other people see nothing wrong with me. The social anxiety disorder causes me to have panic attacks in public. I don't know why in the world you think I'm shallow, I can't help that I have these problems, at least I'm trying to fix them.
    I know your feel, because I also have body dysmorphic disorder. It is really a disgrace, I have considered killing myself a huge lot of times.
    Looking at the mirror is like a torture to me. Not funny at all.

You're preaching to the choir sister. I've got ADD,ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, MASSIVE depression, too many phobias, and tons of other stuff not even discovered yet.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast