Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone suffer from a mental illnes?

Quote Originally Posted by warawau View Post
    I'm religious.
    You need a severe treatment ASAP.

I think I had depression during my exams period.During my exams, I wanted to shoot 'screw you' to everybody in the middle of the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by warawau View Post
    I'm religious.
    You should call your doctor.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Does bi-polar counts? I used to have it, but not anymore though. I think It's great that i got out of there, nya~
    I don't think bipolar just goes away, did a psychologist/psychiatrist tell you this ?

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I have too litle iron in my blood, so I am tired all the time. lol Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I have too litle iron in my blood, so I am tired all the time. lol Does that count?
    I'd say it doesn't, because it's not a mental issue. It's a physical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    well if it does then i got a lump of fat im my brain XP
    ninjad
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    You have a point.

A person who spent most of their time on a Pokémon forum most likely have a somewhat ill mind.
    at least our minds are tuned to other things than what the stereotypical person is attuned to.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    at least our minds are tuned to other things than what the stereotypical person is attuned to.
    Indeed.

Anyway, after reading all the posts, I am starting to consider going to a psychologist...
    I do not want to make a self-diagnose, but I am likely to have a mental illness (besides depression).

I have a very mild case of tourettes, ADHD, and OCD; all offical if I'm not mistaken.

Everybody seems to think that tourettes makes people swear uncontrolably, but that is actually quite rare: only 20% of those diagnosed with it do that. I just twich or stomp my foot, or blink a lot. As for the others, they're more mild, although there are just some things that I repeat, or can't stop talking/thinking about, or it's hard to calm down or focus at times. But it's not horrible, it just has it's spikes of activity here and there.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    I have a very mild case of tourettes, ADHD, and OCD; all offical if I'm not mistaken.

Everybody seems to think that tourettes makes people swear uncontrolably, but that is actually quite rare: only 20% of those diagnosed with it do that. I just twich or stomp my foot, or blink a lot. As for the others, they're more mild, although there are just some things that I repeat, or can't stop talking/thinking about, or it's hard to calm down or focus at times. But it's not horrible, it just has it's spikes of activity here and there.
    u ever read michael vey?
    he has that to and he describes it in almost the exact same way (and they said that it amplifies his powers)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I have depression, a mild case of aspergers and thats it...unless you count the pyromanic part O_o

Aspie here. Was diagnosed a couple years ago along with ADHD. I also have a pretty bad case of social anxiety. If I even have to talk to someone I don't know, I get close to tears.
    But talking to new people on the Internet is fine with me.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Asperger's, and the depression that 65% of Asperger's patients get.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

Lemme see, if I can diagnose myself with this here dsm, it's this:

depression coupled with anxiety with a mix of neuroticism and intimacy issues aka erotomania

yup... this thing is quite the vulgar checklist lmao

apparently, everyone in this forum could actually fall into a very unique and special category really lmao =P

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I don't think bipolar just goes away, did a psychologist/psychiatrist tell you this ?
    No. I got out of it...well, nearly. I still think I'm in it, but I don't think about it much, nya~

Honestly, I think I'm bipolar. Or maybe depressed.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I'm very, very Bipolar. It doesn't help much. So I went through two or more years of intensive therapy, and now all I have to do is remember to take my meds and hope to God that the next day won't be Down Swing Day.

I focus more on all of my other issues, because they are many and far between. I have OCD, but it's turned into more of an eidetic memory type of thing nowadays. A sort of issue where I can read through all of Sluggy Freelance once, leave it for two years, and still have a pretty clear idea of what's been going on in the time I skipped. It's incredibly helpful in the workspace.

I'm also fairly sure that I used the Autistic Spectrum Disorders Card back when I was a newb, but the intensity of that decreases as you age - Bipolar doesn't.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Most of you suffer from Hypochondria, paradoxically.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirl_1986 View Post
    i ahve no mental illness im purfect ^^
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirl_1986 View Post
    i ahve no mental illness im purfect ^^
    You're either dyslexic or lazy. I'm voting lazy. I would know.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

I have never been diagnosed with anything, but I've always been quite obviously different, even in my own mind. I will take any possible way out of initiating a conversation with a stranger, and that's just an extension of my problems talking to people. I have depressive phases, some that are the opposite, and some where I just don't care. I bury it all in as much video games as I am allowed (and any time I can find to work around limitations). Basically, its something to focus on that keeps me from thinking thoughts of sadness or regret, and something where I can achieve anything, regardless of how my life is going. I'm really more attached to my computational devices than I am to anything else.

It doesn't help that I'm sort of an outcast, but that's mostly my own fault due to the above. I also tend to forget everything and have trouble focusing on something with outside noise, but I don't really mind those since they keep me from doing work (I dislike very much any sort of work).
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

I have anxiety, but it's not that serious to the point of depression. Pretty minor.

Oh, and ADD. I suppose I may as well pull that ancient "Get out of jail free" card while I still can. I can't seem to wait the three or so minutes it takes the average person to read a post and go to check a VM or PM.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Anxiety and Autism. I was not officially told by a psychologist that I've got anxiety, but if you knew me in real life, it's extremely obvious. I get nervous break downs and start breathing heavily before talking with certain people, and while speaking to anyone else outside of my family, I whisper if I'm comfortable and I can only manage to huff if I'm not.

Autism, however....I'm not sure if it's aspergers officially, but I'm definitely an autistic. I did go to a psychologist for that one, and I was apparently so obviously autistic to him that I the meeting even ended about half an hour before it was supposed to.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast