Thread: Good strategy in-game

Default Good strategy in-game

Did you once did something strategic in-game? I am not talking about wifi but something that is more strategic that "killing everything" I saw on some nuzlockes people use dig for stalling slaking or something creative.

Me? I have beaten a level 100 gyarados, in a hack "ash quest" that was really amazing I used leech seed and then I got all my team KOed but in the end:
    http://i.imgur.com/Sssk3.png
    Yep beaten it with a ratata Quick Attack (then there was another gyarados cause it is a lose-lose fight).

Another one is in the water gym I had only 2 pokemons against Misty's level 21 Starmie, a level 17 pikachu and a level 16 pigeotto (you can catch's an underleveled one in this game).
    I was stuck there couldn't beat that starmie cause it was too fast and 2HKOed my 2 pokemons I used T-wave on pikachu and then switched to pigeotto and spammed sand attack till -6 accuracy (for some reason the starmie didn't use swift) then I started to attack it till piggeotto fainted and then pikachu revenge killed it (the pikachu have a light ball).

So do you have similar stories?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ilan; 7th October 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I remember using my Serperior to Leech Seed Skyla's Skarmory in W2, paired with Leftovers!

If you want a strategy that works in game,try this combo:
    1.Send out a Truant Durant with Entrainment and change the foe's ability to Truant.
    2.On the second turn switch in any set-up sweeper of choice.
    3.Protect/substitute before the CPU attacks
    4.Set up move
    5.Protect/substitute before the CPU attacks
    6.Set up move
    etc....
    Basically,the CPU never really switches out,which would render this strategy useless against another player(the CPU's ability would reset.But this is an invaluable strategy for the subway

I usually go offensive in-game, but gets more defensive as I progress through the storyline

I like to use double team and sand attack type moves when I'm stuck. I taught my leafeon double team sand attack and toxic. Those moves together usually take out most Pokemon.
    Pokemon Diamond FC

Hikari
    0132 9441 5231

** looking for a trading partner

Well, when I went to go battle Morty, I did a strategy where I used my Pidgeotto and if they used curse I'd switch out with another Pokemon then switch back in with my Pidgeotto. I managed to beat all the trainers there without breaking a sweat.
    Um, oh and I found the best way to fight Whitney was to use a female Pokemon that knew a fighting move (though I think anybody could have figured that out).
    Oh I also came up with this strategy where I'd have my Vulpix use a fire attack on my Flareon (or vice versa) so that the flash fire ability would activate
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

ghetsis's cofagrigus used toxic and protect which was a good strategy and annoying

Well, my vision of a good pokemon strategy: Your party needs to have:
    An electric pokemon with a great speed, a water pokemon with an Ice type move, a flying pokemon with lots of speed, a fire pokemon with a ground type move, a psychic pokemon with a ghost type move and a space for the legendary pokemon of your game.
    (This will just work if you are good with the type matchup)

In game... I was amazed when I found out using defence curl before roll-out increased its damage. I know its not exactly tactical genius but its a nice touch. Also, I used a Dunsparce which did this.

(On phone)

'I just wanted to say im not a window cleaner! No, Noooo, I work in IT! Yeah, yeah with computers and all that. Mac's? No, I really just work with Windows.'

1st time I am playing White 1, Ghetsis Hydreigon wiped out 4 of pokemon including Zekrom so I decided to use my female Jellicent. I was very scared of losing because I thought it had a dark move (THANK GOD IT DID NOT!) I used Toxic as it used Dragon Pulse but her Cursed Body disabled the move so Hydreigon was stuck with Fire Blast and Surf which did pathetic damage to her. Next I kept using Hex and Rest but nope Ghetsis recovers it with a Full Restore but I manage to hit with Toxic again. So this time I keep on using Rest as the Toxic grew worse and I realized he did not have a Dark move. After another Full Restore, he ran out of pp for Dragon Pulse but I hit it with Toxic and Rest and finish it with good ol Hex. OH YEAH I love female Jellicents more than ever now!

Also my HeartGold Forretress is my best and strongest non-legendary Pokemon in-game! Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Light Screen, Explosion! helped me easily defeat Lance's Pokemon and support my Pokemon as well. Plus it can go off with a Boom to those non ghost types! Sure ferrothorn is great and all but I love my Forretress even more!
    Last edited by Groundedshock; 12th October 2012 at 1:51 PM.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

I remember my Platinum run with Ash's Sinnoh Team, i did pretty well but then i had to face off against Cynthia, needless to say Pikachu without a light ball and Buizel were useless, the strategy came in with Staraptor and Gliscor Dragon Rush is a mother but Gliscor was Bold nature so its defenses help it survive at least 2 and it had Ice Fang, so I kept reviving and sending out Staraptor making use of Intimidate to lower Garchomps attack so Gliscor could finish him off, somehow they did it