Thread: Team Without A Name

Default Team Without A Name

Ok so I did a thread for another team which wasn't very well done, so I figured I'd give it another go around.

Deoxys-Dbag (Deoxys-Defense) @ Red Card
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Taunt
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes

My big old wall that wasn't meant to stand for very long, only to set up a few layers of hazards. Red card helps with this by unexpectedly swapping their poke with something that wouldn't do crap to DeoxysD. I can also time taunts and recovers with the red card to last even longer.

Mr. Crabs (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Quick Attack
    - U-turn
    - Bug Bite

My variant of Techizor. Bug bite gets stab and tech boosts to hit anything coming in hard. U-turn helps get momentum going. Bpunch and Qatk are both priority and get tech bonus. Bullet for pokes like Terrakion and Q for pokes like tornadus. Definitely one of the pokes I need advise about.

Genie (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Naive Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Rock Polish
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I've fallen for a man (no homo) and his name is Life orb/Sheer Force Landorus. Rock polish allows me to sweep almost anything (levitate is a pain as well as jellicents and blissy). Earth power get stab, sheer force, AND life orb. Focus blast gets everything but stab and hp ice is just there for dragons.

Luigi (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Scald
    - Shadow Ball

My special little wall. Big resistance to most types, so much so that it's almost impossible to be one shotted from full health by almost anything. Ghost type blocks spinners so that's always good. Scald and Shadow ball both get stab and hit a wide variety of pokes decently. W-o-w kills big physical attackers like Gyrados.

Grape Ape (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 116 Atk / 252 Spd / 140 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Close Combat
    - Heat Wave
    - Encore

Admittedly I stole this set from the VGC '12 on Smogon and have to say it gets work done. Fake out is good against less bulky leads and can help take em out with CC. Heatwave gets stab and can take out pesky bugs. Encore is great for poke that like to set up (like cloyster) and if timed correctly can lock someone into recovery like roost latias.

Watson (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Specs jolt is a beast. Outspeeds anything that isn't scarfed, takes out dragons with hp ice and shadow ball hits a wide spectrum pretty hard. Volt switch is a good hit and run to work up momentum.

Go ahead and give meh some advise Serebii!

This team looks like it would be moderately successful in weatherless OU, but in standard play you're going to get eaten alive.
    -Deoxys-D has very nice defenses, but its typing is just horrible. I'd recommend switching to a Ferrothorn. You'll only get one hazard up (I'd recommend Spikes), but you get that nice defensive synergy with Jellicent to resist every type except Flying and Ground. Also, the support it provides is essential for many teams.
    - 252 HP EVs would make Scizor's HP divisible by 8, so 248 HP EVs are used to maximize Scizor's bulk while giving it one additional opportunity to switch into Stealth Rock. Take four from HP and put it in some other stat. Drop Bug Bite and switch it to Superpower, the coverage helps a lot. Also, lose Quick Attack and give it Pursuit, to make it a trapper.
    -If you're running a purely special Landorus, switch its nature to Timid instead of Naive. Usually I would recommend a physical set, but with Sheer Force a special set and be pulled off pretty well.
    -For Jellicent, try a spread of 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe with a bold nature, because Jellicent's typing along with this spread makes it an amazing physical wall, let Ferrothorn be your special wall. Also, switch Shadow Ball for Taunt.
    -This isn't VGC '12. You really shouldn't use that Infernape set... You have so many options with Infernape, so I'm just going to lay out a bunch of options. Definitely lose Fake out and Heat Wave, instead, try these moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Stone Edge, Hidden Power [Ice], Hidden Power [Grass], Grass Knot, Mach Punch.
    -Specs Jolteon is not a beast anymore. I can say this because I used Specs Jolteon as my main sweeper for some time in HG/SS Wi-Fi battles. Switch to a Scarfed Rotom-W.

Overall, I think your team needs weather. I would recommend a Tyranitar, just because it's nice and generic, plus Infernape and Rotom-W can work to counter Drizzle and Drought. Even with my suggestions, this team isn't that good. Maybe consider creating another team?