Speaking of TR failing to capture Pikachu many times, would any of you find it interesting if they had an episode where TR did catch one of Ash's Pokemon? Maybe Ash catches a Pokemon, bonds with it for 3 episodes and then TR steals it and it's gone from Ash for good. This might be too dark but I think the idea could have really worked if done right. It could have gave Ash good character development and maybe at the end of the series, Ash would have to battle that Pokemon who is now loyal to Giovanni.
Ambipom's release. JUST when I started liking it.
Gliscor's release. Lost twice to a Scizor......and it had to stay for "training". We do not even know WHERE the poor thing is.
Boldore being knocked by a SPEED TROLL KOFFING's GYRO BALL. RLY? PATHETIC WAY TO DIMINISH BOLDORE's AWESOMENESS.
Pignite vs Serperior then Serperior vs Boufflant. PLOT ARMOR sux.
Togekiss knocking back Gible's stray draco meteor from Piplup BACK AT GIBLE. One of the main reasons I hate it. >
Torterra's battles not against Team Rocket.
Charizard vs Blaziken.
Misty's departure. OF COURSE we never know her reaction to Surskuit......and that was pretty sad goodbye.
Ash releasing Haunter without capturing it.
Tobias vs Ash. HORRIBLE way to get Ash eliminate....and he never used his best Pokemon there!
Yeah..... I changed my signature....
I find it a bit frustrating when Ash always gives his pokemon to oak at the start of every new region(for the most part). I know he might be a bit over-powered if he kept them all, and I also know the point is for him to have a fresh start; but it wouldn't hurt to give the new regions a taste of kanto/johto/etc. like heracross/muk/snorlax etc. They come back and make an appearance every now and then, but I would like to see at least one of them(besides pikachu of course) remain constant. I think that would be pretty cool.
Oh boy, how long have you got?
Pidgeotto getting shafted in the kanto gyms, particularly vs Erika
Ash's release of Pidgeot - I know he didn't need a flying type in the OL but he should have kept (and Oak'd) it and maybe used it vs Drake
Ash's release of Primeape - He should've been allowed to call upon it when needed, like Charizard.
Lack of development for the johto starters (the fact that only one evolved really annoyed me) coupled with these underdeveloped pokemon not even being given a chance to shine at the Hoenn league.
Ash not winning the sinnoh league
Gible not evolving and/or being taken to unova
(my list would be longer but you guys covered most of the main points :P)
Last edited by cg19293; 9th October 2012 at 3:22 PM.
1) The main character wins, the audience experiences elation, etc. Unfortunately, this can be predictable; we usually expect the main character to win, so this ending may have less emotional impact.
2) The main character looses, the audiences is sad, but that's not always bad. This end isn't expected, so it seems fresh, and can create a greater emotional impact. It worked for Rocky, it worked for the first league, but they've done it too much. It's no longer fresh, it's just another disappointment.
† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
By now, my only problem it's Ash being a completly boring and unidimensional character. He haven't notable quirks as his other companions, almost no brainer (mainly outside battles) and his constant "YAY" character. It became boring since he never retains his knowledge and can't do amazing stuff not related to pokemon (yeah, Pokemon is his life, but, some other abilities would be cool).
This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360 &, If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
White FC - 0003 3055 4196
Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...from-the-Anime <- There's already a thread for whining in the poll section.
But just for the sake of adding to my post count, here's my list.
-Ash still being the main character, he should have become a pokemon master a while ago
-Ash releasing his pokemon for little to no reason
-Brock staying way too long and becoming dull
-A certain Dragon Buster being introduced. >_<
The "no bashing" rule is stupid anyway.
- Ash leaving potential powerhouses with so much potential at oak's lab. (gible)
- Pikachu with its reset, it is just rediculous.
- Brock changing his goal and never getting with a girl in the end, like lucy, that'd have been nice.
- Misty has pretty much been forgotten aparently
- team rocket-trio as a whole got frustrating at some point, but i'm glad that changed
- dropping the whole GS-ball & celibi-story and pretending it didn't exist.
- Not evolving some pokemon becasue of some shitty marketing-purposes as if they don't make a ****-load of money allready just angers me.
Most frustrating moment? Actually many, but for example in the current B/W saga I mostly dislike the attitude the writters gave to Iris. What I mean is that they make her as an annoying person who cares more for her Pokemon than his friends. Also, I think they give her too much protagonism, even if in this way they planning on let know that girls can become Pokemon masters too, but if so they should have started the saga with her & not with Ash as a protagonist. By the same I think Ash has gotten weaker & most likely he gonna lose the Pokemon League again. And something is probable, that Iris might become the champion in a way to follow the video game.
The transition to BW and resetting Ash is really my only issue
I'm irked when game characters and plots aren't included. We've lost Silver, Wally, Cheren, N... all of which would have added to their respective sagas.
- Dawn and Invincible Zoey
- Iris being annoying . And getting Dragonite suddenly. She should've trained it from a tender little Dratini, like a REAL dragon master
- The huge bin: May, Misty, Tracey, Brock and Dawn. I can't wait for Iris to drop into the bin. I want Cilan to stay.
- Cilan's Stunkfish. Man it was a 'joke' that lost so many times ._.
- Ash getting stupid in Unova. In Sinnoh, he was great with the counter-shield against Fantina strategy. And for Elesa's gym, his strategy was "kill all with Palpitoad. Grab a random pokemon if he dies. Oh you need to bond, ok go overused pikachu"
- Overused Pikachu, nuff said.
- Ash's reserve not getting screentime: Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad
- Bad writing in Unova. 0% Strategy / Last minute strategy. Lenora's was okay, but like I said, Elesa's suck.
Most of it is directed to the BW. I feel that Pokemon's quality really dropped in BW. And before anyone starts telling me I'm a DP Stan. Yes, I am, so sue me. It's just how stupid Ash is in Unova BW compared to Sinnoh DP. -,-
Credits to Brutaka for siggy