Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    It was an alright change but I feel like it could have been executed better.
    Yeah, but it is a bit weird for people to expect Trip losing to Ash in the same manner as Gary and Paul. Unlike those 2, Trip just started and he had it coming . Ever since he started, he has been barking at Ash, it was the perfect solution to show him about not messing with the experienced. The only bad thing they did in this league is making it a bit short and probably making Ash lose to some kid who brought 5 Pokémon. But it is not enough to attack the writers left and right.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Another one is the absence of Kingler ever since his last episode he was in *sadface*.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Plus a 6-6 and not 5-6 would have made the League a little better and no rushed battles personally.
    Ashvs Troillbias. Never in the history of pokemon has Ash been creamed so quickly in a 6v6

The whole Junior cup and league arcs. Dawn should have been the one to beat Burgundy in the 1st round of the Junior Cup, since she didn't beat anyone at least semi-important, not Trip since he was gonna win it anyways. And the battles were way too rushed and boring.
    The league also sounds like it was a letdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

How only the legendaries featured in the movie have telepathy and less than legendaries who are just the focus of the movie (Zorua). Why not Meloetta or legendaries in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    It was an alright change but I feel like it could have been executed better.
    I agree. I mean his other pokemon that I liked never got a chance in the league. So I was hoping for something more out of their battle.

My ideal battle ever!

How they didn't expand the whole Chronicles saga.
    How Ash rarely evolves his Pokemon.
    How sadly, Team Rocket's become smart
    Also, how ash wins matches that don't make sense. Yeah, I get the whole 'main characters have to win, we'll throw a loss to keep it interesting' thing but even as a kid it frustrated me. How pikachu wins against ground pokemon.

I am still disappointed with the TRio becoming so serious. I don't mind Team Rocket being their as a serious organization but I think they could have used different agents instead of the the TRio.
    I still wonder how some of the old BW episodes would have been with the funny TRio appearing in them. It definitely would have made some fillers better.

Ash replacing his hat. It meant so much to him...
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

The promise to Pidgeot, dropping the plot of the GS ball, Ash never winning a League, Dawn leaving the cast and Cameron as a character period.
    Walker Sleepover

pikachu reset in each generation
    neglecting or abandon of previous pokemon in each generation by ash (especially pidgeot and charizard)
    ash rarely evolve his pokemons

Super big over ultra Ash reset in unova
    ash in baka mode during all unova travel
    contradiction in most of ash victory (pikachu defeating easily round/rock pokemon, exhausted pikachu ohko a leaf pokemon in perfect health condition with electrick move)
    Unova league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trip defeat in a 1vs1 preliminary battle
    ash defeated by a stupid noob trainer with leafpot IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    The promise to Pidgeot, dropping the plot of the GS ball, Ash never winning a League, Dawn leaving the cast and Cameron as a character period.
    lol i forgot about the GS Ball! If i remember correctly it was supposed to contain Celebi but was scrapped due to the 4th movie, another bad decision xD

Charizard. That Pokemon was my childhood, and when Ash left it behind I cried

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Charizard. That Pokemon was my childhood, and when Ash left it behind I cried
    But won't it be coming back anyway? Man, people really need to see what's going on around them.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But won't it be coming back anyway? Man, people really need to see what's going on around them.
    Maybe the person who you're responding to doesn't read spoilers. Did you ever think of that?

How Ash and friends never picked up on any of Team Rockets disguises. That really irritated me.

Are you a fan of the Pokemon Adventures Manga? Then join the club!

Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    How Ash and friends never picked up on any of Team Rockets disguises. That really irritated me.
    Yeah, I never got that. Misty easily picked up on TR's disguises in "Electric Shock Showdown" but yet in most of their other appearances, they were clueless even though their other disguises were just as easy to spot as their ones in "Electric Shock Showdown"

I would say Stephan's name gag. That really made me dislike Stephan more than I should have had that not done the name gag.

http://www.dudelol.com/img/so-just-use-your-pokemon.jpg

^ Yeah this pretty much summed it up for me. But I also dislike when Ash should know what type is effective against another and he constantly forgets.
    Not to insult the Iris fans but "just a kid" drove me insane at the start of the Black and White series.
    Max used to annoy me at times too.

But! I can never get annoyed with Brock being dragged away by his ear, or poison jabbed.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by Rinni View Post
    http://www.dudelol.com/img/so-just-use-your-pokemon.jpg

^ Yeah this pretty much summed it up for me. But I also dislike when Ash should know what type is effective against another and he constantly forgets.
    Not to insult the Iris fans but "just a kid" drove me insane at the start of the Black and White series.
    Max used to annoy me at times too.

But! I can never get annoyed with Brock being dragged away by his ear, or poison jabbed.
    Oh, God, yes. They could have Mudkip/Marshstomp (whichever form it was in at that point) fill their canteens with a Water Gun attack XD

The moment that REALLY frustrate me is in teh middle of BW when pokemon went all topsy turvy. Team rocket went from being funny to being obseletely boring, they only ever showed gen 5 pokemon and the sorylines were EXTREMELY predictable

also teh way meloetta sings in every episode and that somehow makes everything better. meloetta got so much screen time!
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    The moment that REALLY frustrate me is in teh middle of BW when pokemon went all topsy turvy. Team rocket went from being funny to being obseletely boring, they only ever showed gen 5 pokemon and the sorylines were EXTREMELY predictable

also teh way meloetta sings in every episode and that somehow makes everything better. meloetta got so much screen time!
    What do you mean by the "middle of BW"? TR had their serious and no funny business persona since the beginning of BW and the same is true about their only being Generation 5 Pokémon besides Pikachu, Meowth and Persian. And what did you expect with Meloetta. Of course she was going to get screen time but I didn't feel like she got as much as you are saying.

Character replacing. Brock was stale, and Misty probably would have been stale had she stayed any longer, but if the writers really tried, this wouldn't be a problem!!
    Character and Story Rehashes (especially in DP)

I mentioned this before on another topic, but the most frustrating moments to me are whenever Ash or one of the current characters battles other protagonits from previous Gens, because as I've said, this should never happen, and it has yet to be handled the correct way. Let me explain why, by explaining what makes crossovers work, and what doesn't make them work. Linkara actually had a great segment about this in his History of Power Rangers, and he goes into way more detail than I do here.

Whenever there is a team-up or crossover in comic books or TV shows, there's always a risk that one team or hero will overshadow the other, questioning the competence or effectiveness of the other. And the fastest way to make this happen is to have the two fight each other.

Team-ups and crossovers work best when the two groups compliment one another, working together against a common foe, where individual fights show how in sync the two teams are, by showing how well they play off each others' strengths. Neither team is better than the other, as they are both needed to defeat the enemy. And I'm calling them teams in this case, because Pokemon Trainers have a team of Pokemon.

Pokemon has yet to nail this concept, and honestly if Super Sentai can do it, there's no excuse why Pokemon can't (I think the manga might handle it better, but I haven't read them, so I'm not 100 percent sure). If Pokemon were ever able to get this right, I believe they could come up with something truly special for their crossover episodes.
    Last edited by SBaby; 13th January 2013 at 4:40 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

The horribleness of the early/mid portions of Johto. Ash losing every league.

The original trio losing its chemistry in Johto and becoming uninteresting. Trip's character being billed as better than Ash.

Misty and Brock not going through much development was unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The original trio losing its chemistry in Johto and becoming uninteresting. Trip's character being billed as better than Ash.
    Im not sure from where you get such impression?
    Because Ash,Misty and Brock in Johto still actually felt like genuine group of friends having good chemistry and several memorable moments.
    I remember Ash being still naive idiot(in believable way), Misty matured starting to appreciate friendship more while still liking to tease having that spunky attitude, and Brock was still quite eccentric with all three showing great deal of care for each other, while providing humor and tension.

Perhaps its not so apparent because of too many fillers which focused more on cotd rather than cast itself, but generally when they shined they usually came out as memorable and entertaining characters fulfilling each other well.
    And as such delivered more colorful interactions than any other group we had.

Misty and Brock not going through much development was unfortunate.
    Misty developed more than Brock did there.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 14th January 2013 at 8:32 AM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast