Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    7) Marlon looking so damn weak. Bullet Seed? Seriously?
    That really ticked me off, I was expecting him to be on Drayden's level of strength at least. This only makes me dislike characters who just pop out of nowhere to pull off upsetting victories *cough*Cameron*cough* even more.

To give Ash an excuse to avoid defeat with a team of baby Pokemon and have him hunt Team Plasma down not unlike ala Hugh style.
    This.

On-topic: Cameron's creation, his OP Pokemon, his voice (if only it were on a better character), his personality, I can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Those other animes
    XP

haven't lasted as long as Pokemon did.
    Maybe, but Spongebob has been dragged on almost as long. FoP probably isn't the best example, but the others apply just fine.

Plus they weren't as super popular in japan.
    If you don't mind me asking how do you know this? I'd think something like Animaniacs (particularly the cute Warner Sister) would be marketable in Japan.

Pokemon is still making games for crying out loud. And as far as the older character goes, they do give them references, doesn't mean they each need to come back each time Ash goes to a different region just to make you happy.
    I did say "outside of references". No, they don't need to come back, we just need at least some progress. My main problem is not so much my favorite characters leaving, as much as the endless cycle.

It's Ash's story, not so much theirs.
    True, it is his story, but it's not the Ash show.

This. But who would have wanted to interrupt a league that bad?
    Tobias
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 14th March 2013 at 3:19 PM.

My biggest frustration is that Ash have so many good pokemon, but after each Journey he's not using them anymore.. I want to see the face of trip when Ash uses Charizard, Infernape and Torterra when he was aspecting a pokemon like osawatt.. Gible can be a super strong and large pokemon in his final form.. Why not training and using some old pokemon... Why losing with a just caught pokemon when you have many super strong pokemon att home..

My other frustration is that Ash never talks about his other pokemon or friends like Brock, May and Misty.. Last time he uses his pokedex because he saw a Bulbasaur.. Why??? He have a bulbasaur at home.. Did he forget that all??

I wish there's gonna be a season where he uses all of his pokemon.. Because with so many pokemon you have always the advantage to a beginning trainer like tripp..

And at last why "Gotta Catch 'em All"??? Everytime when Ash see a pokemon he helped the pokemon or something butt never tries to catch it..
    Last edited by Cytral; 15th March 2013 at 2:19 PM. Reason: I Forget the last sentence..

Quote Originally Posted by Cytral View Post
    My biggest frustration is that Ash have so many good pokemon, but after each Journey he's not using them anymore.. I want to see the face of trip when Ash uses Charizard, Infernape and Torterra when he was aspecting a pokemon like osawatt.. Gible can be a super strong and large pokemon in his final form.. Why not training and using some old pokemon... Why losing with a just caught pokemon when you have many super strong pokemon att home..

My other frustration is that Ash never talks about his other pokemon or friends like Brock, May and Misty.. Last time he uses his pokedex because he saw a Bulbasaur.. Why??? He have a bulbasaur at home.. Did he forget that all??

I wish there's gonna be a season where he uses all of his pokemon.. Because with so many pokemon you have always the advantage to a beginning trainer like tripp..

And at last why "Gotta Catch 'em All"??? Everytime when Ash see a pokemon he helped the pokemon or something butt never tries to catch it..
    Is that slogan even used anymore these days? Becayse I swear it was dropped after the 2nd gen.

Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    Is that slogan even used anymore these days? Becayse I swear it was dropped after the 2nd gen.
    Oke you're right.. Than is a frustration of me that Ash not catching more pokemon.. and what i said before:

Maybe, but Spongebob has been dragged on almost as long. FoP probably isn't the best example, but the others apply just fine.
    I think Pokemon has more episodes per-season than Spoungebob.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I really hate how Ash lost to Cameron.. Ash should have beaten Cameron and gone on to battle Virgil
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    X/Y/OR/AS Living Dex Completed: November 27, 2014
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

I hate it when TR blast off when they don't even do anything wrong.
    This is especially bad in the Meowth and the Pichu Bros. Chronicles eps.

I still can't get over how pathetic they made Aaron look. Yeah, I'm sure he wasn't going to be the strongest E4 member, but he's still part of the Elite Four for a reason; He should be strong regardless. His Pokemon being taken down by Team Rocket(especially Vespiquen and that bullet seed hit) just really put him down to a way lower level than he deserved to be at. You'd expect an Elite Four member who specializes in Bug-types to be set out to seriously disprove that common theory about Bug-types being weak. On top of that, I heard people making claims in the episode thread about them not being with their trainer; Wouldn't you expect an Elite Four member to not only train their Pokemon for direct battle but to also handle themselves if need be? I'm sure anyone can make a safe bet that, if by some bizarre freak accident, had Cynthia and Garchomp/Flint and Infernape/etc. got separated, the latters would still be forces to reckon with.

The reason I highlighted Elite so many times is because of how much they made his Pokemon out to be the exact opposite. They made him out to look like a complete rookie. Some people were even making claims that Ash probably could've beaten him which shouldn't have been possible, at that point in time at least; He could've done the best of any Elite battles he's had, but not win(nor come close, again at that point in time).

If they wanted to do something different with him than other E4 members, they could've used that accuracy focus(?) from the beginning of the episode as a way to pull off some crazy combos, etc. rather than the complete raw power we're used to seeing. Anything other than having made him that weak.

4) The season mechanic was never used, which makes me believe that the whole anime is taking place in less than a month during the Spring. Instead, the closest thing to it was the four Sawsbuck.
    Most of the Unova region episodes have been summer. Deerling has been green since the 4 seasons episode. I wish they would change to autumn, green deerling is my least favorite of the four.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

- Cameron in BW.
    - The Unova League.
    - DP's treatment of Brock.
    - Ash and Brock's DP dub voices are WAY too deep for my tastes (Ash in the first half; Brock in the second half). rofl.
    - Max's BF dub voice (boring), and May's DP dub voice (OMG...).
    - The fact that the show will continue to stay in an endless cycle.

I still like the show for what it is, but I enjoy the older arcs of the anime a lot more myself (even though they're all equally good/bad objectively). I'm really attached to the older seasons of the anime myself. It's what I grew up with, you know? I loved every minute of it! :')
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th March 2013 at 3:59 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Ash's backward progression in Best Wishes.
    Also Best Wishes as a whole.

Ash...Y U NO EVOLVE YOUR WATER TYPES!
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Kanto/OS: I couldn't stand chore Badges and most Gym Battles. The Kanto League to some point.
    Johto: Too much filler... Charizard/Bulbasaur/Squirtle gone.
    Hoenn: May's Contests had their problems, and Teams Aqua/Magma were too shoehorned in Season 6.
    Battle Frontier: Strip of fillers between first Symbol and Ribbon
    Sinnoh: Pokemon Summer Academy/Twinleaf Festival/Dawn's Piplup
    Unova: The League/Ash's Oshawott
    <no sig>

I've never been a huge fan of the anime, but nothing has really annoyed me until Ash used his Pokédex on Roxie's Koffing (or generally something he has seen before). I understand it's for newcomers to the Pokémon series but still, felt it was a little bit insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmMarti View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of the anime, but nothing has really annoyed me until Ash used his Pokédex on Roxie's Koffing (or generally something he has seen before). I understand it's for newcomers to the Pokémon series but still, felt it was a little bit insulting.
    Yeah, I know how you feel myself. As someone who started out with the earlier arcs, I guess I tend to like what they presented more. XD.

The newer series are simply for the next generation of children. That's really all there is to it.

A lot of my enjoyment of the newer series has been reduced due to the change in voices in the English dub, and the change in personality of a lot of the older characters in particular. I still like the newer arcs, but the older arcs are what I identify with. Growing up with the series since it began, I'm less than enthused by a lot of what's happened (both from the writers in JPN and the dubbers), but I still watch onwards. I just accept that my time has passed, and it's the next generations' turn now. I just hate when people have to discredit the older arcs. Some of us actually like the more immature, simple style with a greater display of emotional range and moments. That's just my preference.

If I wanted a more mature show, I wouldn't watch Pokemon AG or DP: I would just go watch Kenshin or Yu-Yu Hakusho. Pokemon is where I come to enjoy the light-hearted journey of it all and the character chemistry. Also to enjoy hearing the characters I was familiar with speak in their cuter, younger sounding voices (I used to, anyway). My point being it's not always nostalgia, and I hate how the current Pokemon Anime Fandom always uses that to discredit others' preferences. *sigh*

Though I DID enjoy AG a lot because to me it managed to strike the RIGHT balance between character chemistry and maturation/growth, something DP failed to do. In addition to the original dub voices still being used for almost all of AG (except most of BF). DP...other than TRio, Paul, and the Ash V. Paul rivalry...god, it's just my least favorite arc.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th March 2013 at 5:43 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by IAmMarti View Post
    I agree. Especially when he dexs Pokemon he already had trained in the past (buizel)
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    - Cameron in BW.
    - The Unova League.
    - DP's treatment of Brock.
    - Ash and Brock's DP dub voices are WAY too deep for my tastes (Ash in the first half; Brock in the second half). rofl.
    - Max's BF dub voice (boring), and May's DP dub voice (OMG...).
    - The fact that the show will continue to stay in an endless cycle.

I still like the show for what it is, but I enjoy the older arcs of the anime a lot more myself (even though they're all equally good/bad objectively). I'm really attached to the older seasons of the anime myself. It's what I grew up with, you know? I loved every minute of it! :')
    Pretty much this. I also really HATED Mays BF and DP voice. They should give that kind of voice to a COTD.

Another thing that bugs me, is when Meowth blasts off for no reason in Pikachu Shorts/Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Pretty much this. I also really HATED Mays BF and DP voice. They should give that kind of voice to a COTD.

Another thing that bugs me, is when Meowth blasts off for no reason in Pikachu Shorts/Chronicles.
    I was really annoyed when I saw how Bianca's Escavalier lost to Cameron's Samurott.

Ash releasing butterfree
    Ash releasing pidgeot, why not guide the flock of pidgey and pidgeotto towards professor oaks huge land.
    Ash releasing primeape, he should at least visit them and call them when needed or have news about them how hes primeape doing in the p1 tournament
    ash not getting haunter. leaving it to sabrina.
    GS ball what happened to it. what is it. maybe a tournament trophy?
    ash not having a fully evolved water starter pokemon
    having a hard time capturing strong pokemon like corphish which then easily loses in pokemon battles like in May's Torchic
    tobias having a latios , having a legendary. darkrai is cool but a latios. maybe ash can get a legendary like darkrai or maybe mewtwo
    ash and trip battle it should have been 6 on 6. while using his old pokemon
    ash not using pokemon from other regions in the unova league
    The tournaments should be longer and with full battle scenes
    Last edited by bjorn; 27th March 2013 at 2:39 PM.

Every episode of the Unova League tournament. Seriously, it was the worst region tournament ever. I don't even feel like it happened.

SO cliche, but the fact that they kicked Misty left and hasn't come back!. Like GRRRR!. I seriously think that if like the next season they have Misty and Brock come back and travel with Ash again for a couple seasons, SOOOOOO many more people wpuld watch (old viewers) But seriously NONE of the female companions have even compared to Misty. I liked May, but she still doesn't compare to misty!. >

Quote Originally Posted by SSJCharizard View Post
    Every episode of the Unova League tournament. Seriously, it was the worst region tournament ever. I don't even feel like it happened.
    I seriously didn't even watch the unova region. I've just been so disappointed in the newer episodes

Oh I thought of more!.

OH MY LANTA ASH'S VOICE ACTOR CHANGE!!!!.
    I LOVED Veronica Taylor for Ash. Thats actually what made me stop watching the anime for a while, I just couldn't accept the fact that they changed his, and the other voices, so abruptly. SO annoying, I miss his old voice.

The fact that we never found out anything about the GS ball. It was this big ole thing, and we never figured out what it was, or what was in it.

We also never found out what happened with Brock, and Professor Ivy.

I was SOOOOOOO sad when Ash left behind his Charizard. Like WHHHYYYYYYYYY.

I'm just also disapointed in the newer episodes. Like they used to be SOOOOOOO good, now i feel like the writters are being lazy, and not putting any effort into the episodes. Pokemon used to make me crack up in seasons 1-5, even sometimes in 6...but they have just gotten TOOOOO repetitive.
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 28th March 2013 at 6:38 AM. Reason: triple post

Quote Originally Posted by bjorn View Post
    Ash releasing butterfree
    Ash releasing pidgeot, why not guide the flock of pidgey and pidgeotto towards professor oaks huge land.
    Ash releasing primeape, he should at least visit them and call them when needed or have news about them how hes primeape doing in the p1 tournament
    ash not having a fully evolved water starter pokemon
    having a hard time capturing strong pokemon like corphish which then easily loses in pokemon battles like in May's Torchic
    tobias having a latios , having a legendary. darkrai is cool but a latios. maybe ash can get a legendary like darkrai or maybe mewtwo
    The tournaments should be longer and with full battle scenes
    This. He'd only had it a couple of episodes!
    And right, he actually WON the P1 with primeape, so when the guy was all like 'I'll make it a real P1 champion' what he really meant was 'Oh, hey, I'll just take this P1 champion pokemon off your hands for you okay? You know, seeing as mine lost'

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Back in the older gens, the only frustrating I know is Ash demanding Pikachu be given back to him every time TRio steals it.

Quote Originally Posted by bjorn View Post
    Ash releasing butterfree
    They're all back now so enjoy!

Even though he technically caught it, I don't know if he really released it to her or not. I think it's Brock's and Misty fault for suggesting it when Ash thought it was stupid to laugh her out of her misery leaving it there. Kanto was really strange back then.

Does it matter? I mean does it really matter? Ho-oh wasn't in it nor Lugia. Celebi was definetly not in it. So it probably wasn't as important as you make it.

This was due to plot convience. Doesn't mean Ash was weaker than May.

What's the point if he just beat him? What's the point if he would just win anyway? This is why they didn't do all of that until after the league.

Like how he used only his Hoenn pokemon in the Hoenn league without any help from his Kanto "Gods" as always?

My ideal battle ever!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast