Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

The moment Ash changed voice actors
    Pikachu's makeover
    Cilan joining Ash. Wtf why him? Randomly pointless.

This that annoyed me:

-Misty leaving
    -Misty losing her togetic
    -May losing to Dawn
    -Misty not participating in enough tournaments
    -Cilian and Iris (like seriously they suck)
    -Ash being treated horribly by Iris
    -Ash being a rookie
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Why some of Ash's Pokemon never evolving isn't addressed. Is he a human ever stone or something? I'm sorta fine with them not evolving if they'd just explain why and stop ignoring this blatant as all hell plot hole.

The reason some of Ash's Pokemon are not evolving is that the kids who watch the anime find them very cute. Like Bulbasaur back in the original series, Totodile in Johto, Oshawott and Snivy now in Unova, and Pikachu overall.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Why some of Ash's Pokemon never evolving isn't addressed. Is he a human ever stone or something? I'm sorta fine with them not evolving if they'd just explain why and stop ignoring this blatant as all hell plot hole.
    Haha honestly I believe its because Ash wants to prove that Pokemon don't necessarily have to evolve in order to be powerful. The writers have been going on with that mentality
    this whole time in every region. When will they stop? Who knows...I'm tired of Ashy boy and Pikachu all together.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    The reason some of Ash's Pokemon are not evolving is that the kids who watch the anime find them very cute. Like Bulbasaur back in the original series, Totodile in Johto, Oshawott and Snivy now in Unova, and Pikachu overall.
    I meant in-universe we never see the Pokemon not evolving even addressed. At least they did with Piplup and Bulbasaur. If they're going to not evolve, at least explain why instead of acting like they have no evolved forms. Does Ash have a boat load of Everstones?

Worst of all, they had Dawn's Piplup follow Pikachu's mentality of not evolving? For god sake, at least May's Combusken, Eevee, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur (I believe) evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicX28 View Post
    Worst of all, they had Dawn's Piplup follow Pikachu's mentality of not evolving?
    At least they explained it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I meant in-universe we never see the Pokemon not evolving even addressed. At least they did with Piplup and Bulbasaur. If they're going to not evolve, at least explain why instead of acting like they have no evolved forms. Does Ash have a boat load of Everstones?
    Oshawott = Piplup 2.0. It's probably never going to evolve, since so many children fawn over it in Japan. Snivy evolving might remind us of Bayleef(of course, Servine would have a much more serious personality and won't display public affection to Ash), and probably the writers don't want that to happen. Plus Snivy is cute.

Oshawott = Piplup 2.0. It's probably never going to evolve, since so many children fawn over it in Japan.
    Okay, then write an episode about Oshawott not wanting to evolve and we have our in-universe reason. The fact that they've gone this long without showing sign of evolution is just annoying.

You DO know what I'm talking about, right? I'm not trying to be Meta here but rather looking at this from an in-story perspective. Do you understand the words that I'm saying?

Yes, I know what you mean(you're annoyed by the fact that many of Ash's Pokemon don't evolve).

I can't prove Ash's Oshawott doesn't want to evolve, of course. But the writers care more about their $$$ than about all of Ash's Pokemon evolving, and Oshawott = $$$. This is pretty much the only reason I can find. I'm done with this.

Anyway, it's annoying how Charizard forgot Seismic Toss.

I'd rather them leave it without a reason or even mentioning evolution, instead of having a boat load of Pokémon with Everstone's or grudges against their evolved forms.. or even worse, a repeat of Totodile's situation where Ash flat out lied and said it would become a Feraligatr, then spent next to no time training the poor thing so that it never happened..

Gah, that's probably one of my most frustrating moments. Don't make a character state that their Pokémon will evolve to its final form, when it clearly won't..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Yes, I know what you mean(you're annoyed by the fact that many of Ash's Pokemon don't evolve).
    Not so much that but rather that it's seem like they can't evolve. It's like if you were to ask the writers when they'll evolve and they'd say, "They can evolve?" It's an annoying as all plot hole. But let's not dwell on it.

My most frustrating moment, Tepig being Ash's only Unova starter to evolve.

It reminds me of Kanto all over again, in fact I often quit watching a saga if only one starter evolves. A lesson as to why Ash having 3 starters causes only one to evolve and the other two getting shafted due to the writers wanting them to remain small in order to sell merchandise.

- Ash's Unova Fire Starter being a complete wimp, even Cyndaquil was more courageous than that god forsaken Pignite.
    - Ash getting Unfezant rather than Braviary, and those losses against a Koffing and Riolu was just painful
    - Ash's Boldore not evolving into Gigalith, but that's fine because he's still a badass
    - Iris not evolving Axew
    - Axew being the reason why we got our first filler during a League
    - The Unova League having only one good battle
    - Ash's Pikachu losing to a Snivy even though it could still use Iron Tail and Quick Attack
    - Ash and Max not having a battle before AG was over
    - Ash not battling Tobias in the Sinnoh League Finals rather than letting that punk battle him in the finals and not beat his Darkrai
    - Tobias not having Entei
    - Ritchie not appearing since the Lugia arc
    - DA! arc being utterly pointless in every way possible
    - Trip being Ash's main rival in Unova
    - Paul not being mentioned or appearing at all since the Sinnoh League finale
    - The writers screwing up the Best Wishes saga to the fullest

- When Brock or any of Ash's friends help him when he is having a gym battle, I don't know how frequent this happens now that Brock is gone, but it's still annoying.
    - Pikachu not wanting to evolve, Ash not wanting Pikachu to evolve. What are they so afraid of? Pikachu ain't that cute anymore anyway... Raichu is the future!
    - Serious TRio. Because of them, I can't rewatch BW at all.

I was also frustrated about Torterra getting shafted after fully evolving, the poor thing never won a battle other than against the TRio. What a way to ruin a starter who was such a great battler in their base stage. But then again the tail end of Sinnoh did see Infernape stealing the spotlight.

You should be grateful that it didn't receive Buizel's treatment.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

When pikachu beat roxanne's geodude with thunderbolt just because it was close range

-Ash thundershocking Brock's Onix and Geodude to death.
    -Recieving most Kanto badges by pity.
    -Knocking out superior trainers in the Kanto league, and then getting knocked out by the one trainer I consider inferior to Ash.
    -Stupid things like racing in orange league badges
    -Misty Leaving
    -Brock Leaving
    -Ash not evolving his pokemon (I can understand pikachu and bulbasaur, but why not squirtle? snivy?)
    -Team Rocket
    -Ash only getting familiar opponents in league.
    Last edited by Chalant; 11th June 2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Pokemon X and Y. That sets the tune for the next 13 games.

I never minded all the filler episodes because they are essential, but I hated all the filler seasons they had. Such as The Orange Islands and The Kanto Battle Frontier, etc. I wish that Ash came home from losing the Indigo League and went to Johto, then after losing the Hoenn League, he went to Sinnoh, etc. The entire English dubbing annoys me actually, I prefer watching the original Japanese episodes with subtitles.

When anyone says '' INSERTPOKEMONANDTRAINERHERE ARE SO IN SYNC '' it's driving me nuts.

Some more frustating moments:

1.Every time Cilan opens his mouth
    2.Every time Iris opens her mouth
    3.Contest Battles. I mean, whats the difference between them and what Ash does.
    Pokemon X and Y. That sets the tune for the next 13 games.

-Dawn's GF loss still bugs me but not as much as before (the less said about that, the better). It would've been poetic to have Zoey who was like a mentor to Dawn be bested by her rival. Plus, Contests were leaving the Anime after DP so why not throw the female MC a bone for once?

-Ash and Dawn should've had two rivals each in DP to balance things out. Barry and Paul for Ash and Ursula and Zoey for Dawn. Nando and Kenny were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalant View Post
    -Ash thundershocking Brock's Onix and Geodude to death.
    -Recieving most Kanto badges by pity.
    -Knocking out superior trainers in the Kanto league, and then getting knocked out by the one trainer I consider inferior to Ash.
    -Stupid things like racing in orange league badges
    -Misty Leaving
    -Brock Leaving
    -Ash not evolving his pokemon (I can understand pikachu and bulbasaur, but why not squirtle? snivy?)
    -Team Rocket
    -Ash only getting familiar opponents in league.
    I agree with a lot of that, and you forgot to add that pikachu also beat Roxanne's geodude as well. Also Ash's corphish and buizel so should have evolved, and maybe his totodile too...what's it with the water types lol. However, I think the orange island gym ideas were cool (and it appears that the fourth one introduced double battles long before they were in the games!) and unique- ash does a lot of real battling outside of gyms anyway...and the last two gyms did involve real battles. Also, technically ash's illegitimate kanto badges weren't out of pity...even though in one episode misty says he won his first two because brock and her sisters felt bad for him. I forget exactly what Brock said, but it had more to do with respect...and besides Brock also decided to go with Ash. And Ash almost won his battle with misty, as her sisters pointed out, before team rocket interrupted (and if pikachu had agreed to battle it would have been even easier...cough cough *plot device*. And with the rainbow badge, ash did save gloom from the building fire, and Erika had been totally unfair to him before (especially since I thought I heard early on that gym leaders HAVE to accept any challenges, right?). And with the marsh badge, ash helped out the bitter sabrina emotionally (even if it was his haunter, and not on purpose). I think the writers made fun of his illegitimate badges though when after ash predicted that blaine would give him the badge for helping save his gym, blaine yelled don't be silly I was going to give a another chance to earn it, lol. Also, the point of ash losing to Richie wasn't really about Richie being a more skilled trainer, but that charizard still wouldn't obey ash and this time let him down with unfixable consequences.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 16th June 2013 at 1:28 AM.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast