Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

One thing that I have to complain about the anime is that Misty will never see a Surskit. We will never know, how she would react to such a fine specimen...

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Chalant View Post
    Some more frustating moments:

1.Every time Cilan opens his mouth
    What's so bad about Cilan?
    2.Every time Iris opens her mouth
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    -Dawn's GF loss still bugs me but not as much as before (the less said about that, the better). It would've been poetic to have Zoey who was like a mentor to Dawn be bested by her rival. Plus, Contests were leaving the Anime after DP so why not throw the female MC a bone for once?
    Because Contests will probably return in XY.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    There is no actual proof of that yet
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    When anyone says '' INSERTPOKEMONANDTRAINERHERE ARE SO IN SYNC '' it's driving me nuts.
    Yeah, the overemphasis on happy feelings can be very annoying. I'd like to think the show is for kids above the age of seven and not under. This is, again, why I compare it with Avatar/Korra (and no, merchandising and promotion has ZILCH to do with this).

As for the GS Ball, couldn't they have used in Movie 4? Like the Ball is put in the shrine and Sammy and Celebi pop out if a Time Portal it creates. Heck, it'd explain why Ash was given it by Oak as he knew, as Sammy, what happened.
    Last edited by matt0044; 16th June 2013 at 2:28 PM.

They couldn't have known that way back when.

exsplo
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Ash not using totodile in the sinnoh league. :|

Also this might belong in the anime poll section.. dunno though.
    It might've been used, there were two unused pokemon in the battle in which Snorlax smashed a Grumpig. Eitherway, it's that bear that annoys me more, hogging screentime as it does.. So I'm not as much frustrated about the fact that Totodile didn't get to be used in the Sinnoh League, as that I'm frustrated with overused stuff like Snorlax getting quick cameo wins, or Swellow getting used against Tobias, while they had decent battle time in their runs (well, Swellow more then Torkoal).

If I were in charge, I would've replaced that short Snorlax-cameo win with a Kingler-cameo, for example. It could've just as well been Totodile, Bayleef or even Torterra.

Biggest frustation point: Ash's Torterra getting no wins outside of Team Rocket battles. Worst treated fully evolved starter. It made me sad..

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    - Butterfree getting released.
    - Ash using Pikachu in every single Gym Battle in Jotho, it's unfair: other Pokemon should've gotten a fair chance.
    - Heracross being sent to Professor Oak quite soon after being captured, without it even getting one Gym Battle...
    - Misty's departure in "Gotta Catch Ya Later", that's very painful for a Misty fan. It meant Misty's life goal/dream was ruined by her sisters, and that she lost her main character status. And she had to leave Ash (I'm a PokeShipper).
    - The writers stabbing me in my heart by releasing Misty's Togetic.
    - The writers not making Misty appear in DP and BW. There were great moments for an appearance (the Misty lure episode in DP, for example), but the writers didn't even do a flashback in which Misty appeared (for example, Ash could've told Dawn about Misty).
    - Ash promising Pidgeot to come back for it, but never keeping that promise.
    - Tobias beating Ash in DP. Ash losing is fine, but not against someone with only legendaries. Tobias was just a cheap way for the writers to not put effort in a good battle in which Ash could've lost. A tense battle with a strong opponent without legendaries in which Ash lost would've been nicer.
    Oh boy.. Tobias was a wellstructured ploy for Ash to come out as the 2nd best trainer in all of Sinnoh, without having to draw out an entire battle and a lost finale. Ash is the single sole trainer in Sinnoh that managed to beat not only Darkrai, but TWO of his pokemon, whereas all other opponents were swept by Darkrai. This makes Ash the 2nd best trainer of Sinnoh, not just Top4, but actually the unofficial runner-up. I'd rather have that outcome then just a boring Top4 ending.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Trip also was unneeded after Paul.
    Yeah, leave Ash with no antagonistic rival.. Should I remember how that felt in AG? Oh yeah.. Like Ash didn't have any soul or spirit to strive to be a good trainer (until Morrison showed up). You just need to acknowledge that Trip wasn't going to be a Paul-2.0, just a stubborn new trainer, without the all important series driving storyline.

Cheren wasn't used because of the no aging role.

I'd complain about a good chunk of the Johto saga but it's like beating a dead horse at this point so I won't. I'm just glad the writers acknowledged its flaws and we moved on to greener pastures since then.
    Best Wishes is hardly a greener pasture though. Cheren wasn't used because the writers knew from the start that he'd be a gymleader/upgraded in B2W2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    You'd be surprised how far they plan these things ahead of time.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yeah, leave Ash with no antagonistic rival.. Should I remember how that felt in AG? Oh yeah.. Like Ash didn't have any soul or spirit to strive to be a good trainer (until Morrison showed up). You just need to acknowledge that Trip wasn't going to be a Paul-2.0, just a stubborn new trainer, without the all important series driving storyline.
    And yet despite having no rival, he improved as a trainer tremendously. Other than Paul, Ash has had no serious ongoing rival in any other saga.

Ash and Gary did not even battle once in the entire span of Kanto, he had no rival in Orange, and in Johto Gary was only in 3 episodes.

So in reality, Ash has never had a constant rival to battle against until Paul.

Tobias was epic in character design and mystery (plus, he REALLY pushed Ash to his limits) but the asspullish nature of his character and inclusion still rubs me (and others) the wrong way. The other league rivals were at least given time to be introduced. Here, it retches of the writers' "WE NEED ASH TO LOSE" fallacy with a dash of rushed scripting.

You'd be surprised how far they plan these things ahead of time.. -.-
    Not in this case unless you wish to advocate that they had known that contests were going to be back after the first few episodes of Best Wishes.

exsplo

Not in this case unless you wish to advocate that they had known that contests were going to be back after the first few episodes of Best Wishes.
    What makes you think contests are coming back?

You predict it for the menu of the starters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    There is no actual proof of that yet
    True. But there are hint that made it possible.

100% true, appears or doesn't appear in XY.

Possible for the Dawn's cameo (if they are returning). Of course no in early BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    The reason: this menu.
    ChespinMoves.jpg
    In the menu, there is the symbol of ribbon. It actually exist in Gen V although it isn't used apart of event pokemon.

Not only eith have the menu, but we have a symbol that heavily resemblence the pentagon of Contest stats. And to add there are symbol that could represents them (in Gen IV there were five, but remember Fairy).

It's unknown if that feature will return. But is a idea to speculate given the menu and given theat Kalos has a "beauty" theme.

And the Pokemon amie ARE NOT a substituted of Contests or any sidequest.. Could be complementary and affect tinme, but never a substitute. (Is because I have read post that says that is a substitute and I know that there isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    ChespinMoves.jpg
    In the menu, there is the symbol of ribbon. It actually exist in Gen V although it isn't used apart of event pokemon.
    Exactly. That symbol is nothing new and it appearing proves nothing

Not only eith have the menu, but we have a symbol that heavily resemblence the pentagon of Contest stats.
    That pentagon symbol could mean anything. Could be contests, but it could also be something new and they are simply reusing the pentagon to showcase the stats for it. This too, proves nothing.

It's unknown if that feature will return. But is a idea to speculate given the menu and given theat Kalos has a "beauty" theme.
    Dancing, singing, fashion, all things that could be associated with Paris and that aren't contests. Once again, you got nothing.

I think the anime writers had now idea that cheren would become a gym leader. They just HATE ingame rivals. At least one ingame rival or protagonist after gary was replaced with an anime original character in every generation. Silver with Ritchie(?). Brendan with drew. Lucas with Paul. Cheren with trip. But they wanted something else to advertise B2W2, so they decided impulsively to add cheren just because he is an awesome gym leader now. (As if they could plan something like that. They can't even write a future- league champion 10 episodes before the league into the story.)

@Topic: Well, every time a game character is (dropped) replaced by a random anime orignal character is always frustrating for me. I never liked them as much as the game characters.
    +(sorry, one last outburst) Ash's whole half-hearted behavior in this show is just frustrating. I want him to beat the league, but I know he doesn't deserve it. Why?

We all learned from prof. oak what's important if you want to be a great trainer. Rule nr. 1: A strong bond between you and your pokemon.
    But our dear protagonist does not care. He just catches a whole new team in every new region except pikachu but he still wants to beat gym leaders and the pokemon league.
    There are countless strong ace trainer in this world who train a full trustworthy team for years! And they ALL deserves the titel pokemon master more than ash.
    Okay he used older pokemon in the league sometimes. But the bond, battle strategies, the unity with the trainer.. that just can't work the same way as it was before after months of absence at prof. oaks lab. (Btw: Ash has aura powers. But train them? No, who needs superhuman powers if you have pikachu..)
    This is the most frustration thing in this show for me. Ash's never ending, half-hearted, desire to be the best a.k.a the plot.

No offense. Just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Pokemonspecialgerman; 17th June 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I didn't say they were. The conversation was working under the assumption that they were coming back in regards to their "advanced planning."

exsplo

- The change in voice actors. I can't watch the anime in English anymore, every time I hear Ash's new voice I cringe.

- Lack of "good" recent Gary centered episodes. I mean, Gary is Ash's childhood friend/rival. He played a huge part and he's the only member of the cast to have become a researcher. I would really like to see how he's doing lately, and this isn't just because i'm a Gary fangirl,I'd really like to see him again. His showcase in DP wasn't THAT bad, but it could have went much better. I'd like to see another Gary centered episode. Or possibly have him confront ash again. -the thing i'm hoping for but probably got going to get is that he discovered fairy types, or he joins up in Ash's actual team as a "party member". It would really bring him back, but alas, I doubt it...would be awesome though.- I just want to see Ash's main rival in the anime again...Just praying now that Gary will somehow show Ash to Kalos cause that's all us palletshippers can really hang onto anymore, and it's almost his staple job or something. Always telling Ash where in the heck to go.

Let's make sure we create...
    ...A world of our hopes and dreams.

And yet despite having no rival, he improved as a trainer tremendously. Other than Paul, Ash has had no serious ongoing rival in any other saga.

Ash and Gary did not even battle once in the entire span of Kanto, he had no rival in Orange, and in Johto Gary was only in 3 episodes.

So in reality, Ash has never had a constant rival to battle against until Paul.
    Check the facts CC, Gary appeared in 7 episodes during the Johto league alone, regardless of several other appearances throughout the series.
    - The two Pallet Town episodes, though officially part of Orange Islands, were still the main reason for Ash to head to Johto.
    - Illusion Confusion: He rented a Hoothoot!
    - Powerplay: His Eevee evolved, Umbreon showcase
    - Extreme Pokemon: Also known as the Pokemon Race, or Bayleef vs. Arcanine

So that's 10-12 episodes, depending if you count the two 'run up to Johto'-episodes at Pallet Town. Not saying that it's a lot, but a heck of a lot more then just three..

And with Paul, Ash became more driven then he was in AG. So he can be okay without a rival, but with a rival he thrives.

Not contests specifically, but what I am saying is that they do probably know about release dates quite soon in the series, such as when they need to focus on pokemon from older generations in order to advertize remakes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    ChespinMoves.jpg

Not only eith have the menu, but we have a symbol that heavily resemblence the pentagon of Contest stats. And to add there are symbol that could represents them (in Gen IV there were five, but remember Fairy).

And the Pokemon amie ARE NOT a substituted of Contests or any sidequest.. Could be complementary and affect tinme, but never a substitute. (Is because I have read post that says that is a substitute and I know that there isn't).
    1. Exactly, events get ribbons, also, Pokéthlon got ribbons too, so it isn't necessarily contest related. I remember a Footprint Ribbon as well, had nothing to do with contests.
    2. The pentagon is a shape that's been recurring in Kalos-related outings, just look at the route-signs, the pokédex subsections. They all feature the pentagon. The other symbols are just the ones you can ascribe to your pokemon, which is a feature that has had nothing to do with contest since it was implemented and generally does nothing to the pokemon other to be a bit more recognizable.

Kalos has a beauty theme, yes, that's what has been said. It's clear that they meant the aesthetics of the game overworld in the first place. They based the region on France, because they wanted the region to have a beauty theme. Note: THE REGION. As in geographical location.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Not contests specifically, but what I am saying is that they do probably know about release dates quite soon in the series, such as when they need to focus on pokemon from older generations in order to advertize remakes, etc.
    Well, yeah, that's obvious though since they're supposed to advertise the games and whatnot. It just comes with it.

exsplo

Where do I start?

- The GS Ball having so much hype around it, and then it just vanished.
    - Tracey only travelling with Ash in the Orange Islands, I liked his character!
    - That Brock, after all these years, has stepped down as a main character.
    - Misty left for no good reason.
    - Ash losing to a Latios wielding pretty-boy.
    - Dawn didn't win the Ribbon Cup.
    - Butterfree left.
    - Pidgeot was never seen again.
    - The voice actor switch.
    Currently Soft Resetting:

Random Encountering at Castalia Garden: 655

MM: Hatched: 45 eggs

My Shinies: x2

I'd like to start off by saying I hated Unova soooo much that I quit watching the series. Most notably because:
    Trip was an uninspired knock off of Paul
    Ash catching cute Pokemon and not evolving them (Looking at you Scraggy and Oshawatt)
    Team Plasma never appeared until Episode N (the cancelled that episode but that was over 2 years ago with no clear antagonist)
    Team Rocket stopped appearing (I know catching Pikachu is old, but there are few so antagonist besides the rivals)
    Team Rocket leaving all their PKMN in Kanto, despite keeping Meowth and there being tons of old Pokemon in Eastern Unova

When the anime was still good:

Brock suddenly deciding to be a Pokemon nurse rather than a breeder. (Glad he left, I'm just angry he switched goals only a few episodes before he left)
    Ash reverting to a rookie at the start of each region
    We never got a definite answer about Ash and Misty's relationship
    We still have no idea who Ash's father is
    Ash has never challenged the Elite 4
    The Bertha/Agatha resemblance was never explained
    Whatever caused Brock to leave Professor Ivy
    That year in DP when Ash didn't win a single gym battle.
    Finding out that Paul had already competed in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Battle Frontier and had a Torterra
    That GS Ball
    Ash continuously seeing Ho-Oh but never actually encountering it

A lot of whining I know, I just used to enjoy watching the show.
    Did Colress and Looker make it to Kalos before I did?
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/wl56kw.jpg[/IMG]

Team Rocket is Incompetent.
    Most of the OS except for a few instances was a failure.
    Johto had too much filler, which could sadly be compared with Naruto.
    There was no rival in Hoenn.
    Sinnoh treated Torterra after evolution terribly.
    Ash is 10, and they've implied it's been more than year at least!
    Ash's Oshawott
    Dawn's Pliplup
    They being back Cyndaquil for an evolution and made it special. Until! Dawn's Cyndaquil evolved shortly after.
    They bring back Charizard to kickass for a bit, then become an Unfezant clone.
    Ash vs Cameron
    Ash vs Trollbias
    The Orange Island league was not league, that was one fight.
    Iris's Dragonite was shown to be OP during the Junior Cup.
    Every since Hoenn, Ash's team has reset however in Hoenn and only Hoenn Ash does not reset.
    Lack of evolutions
    BW made Ash seem like his adventures never happened with sexing everything in sight.
    And there's much more but I'll stop.
    Oh that's right the 8th gym in Unova explain to me how a speedy Koffing can use Gyro Ball so well when the move works better with slower Pokemon. And then can loose to Leavanny.
    Oh and Unfezant sucked!
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 20th June 2013 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Felt like adding more anyway.
    3DS Friend Code: 3652-1012-6122 Add me.
    "I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." SomeLikeItHoth
    This is why I love Gamefaqs lol.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/68277484

1.Every time Ash sees a legendary Pokemon and doesn't bother to capture it, even when he's befriended it.

2. Gary losing to Melissa

3. Ash's Pikachu losing to Trip's Snivy, even though Trip was a BEGINNER!

4. Anyone care to explain why Iris has a Dragonite? I must have missed that part of the show.

5. Tobias was made by the creators as this incredibly overpowered trainer with a DARKRAI. He had like, no character development, and was made simply to prevent Ash from becoming Champion with no chance to winning, because well, Tobias had a Darkrai and a Latios.

6. Misty leaving the show

7. The writers making Ash completely pathetic, and basically the show's punching bag.
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

-Pidgeot was never seen again
    -Ash having a chance to win battles, but to dumb to realize it
    -A Scyther and Beedrill losing to Ash's Bulbasaur at the Indigo League
    -So much GS Ball hype, then it's never seen again
    -Johto bored me
    -Misty left!
    -Hoenn had no competitive rival for Ash
    -In DP, we barely noticed Brock unless he talked
    -Team Rocket was just for comic relief
    -Team Rocket stopped being funny after Kanto
    -Ash always fails to win the Pokemon League
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Oh I get one.

Whenever it rained, and Ash & Co. had to take a run for it. Ever heard of a goddamn umbrella? You are bunch of kids travelling the freaking world and you have no umbrella? Goddamn.

I've got some more.

- Ash's Pikachu defeats a Dragonite, a Latios, a Regice, a Metagross, and so many more, and then loses to a lv 5 snivy.
    - Brock was unnecessary during the late stages of DP.
    - Charizard forgetting Seismic Toss.
    - The overuse of moves like Dig and Hidden Power.
    - During Dawn's return, we didn't see Togekiss in the Junior Cup.
    - The overuse of Crustle during Episode N.
    - Team Rocket back to their goofy personality in Da!.

What's frustrating to me is ash realesing pideot and promising to come back
    But he never does
    Favorite pokemon

My shiny pokemon

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast