Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 406

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

  1. #76

    Default

    The guy's name is Tobias (Toe-BIAS, and what a fitting pronounciation - the writers are biased towards him!).

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    Another one that really angered me was Dawn losing the Grand Festival. Well, I wasn't expecting her to win the whole thing but who she lost to just pissed me off. Dawn never beat Zoey at all and they should have at least let her beat Zoey and then have her lose to someone else.
    But, that was in the finals, wasn't it? She couldn't have lost to anyone else...

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Pretty much the predictable moments

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    But, that was in the finals, wasn't it? She couldn't have lost to anyone else...
    Yeah, it was the finals but it just really pissed me off how they had Dawn lose to rival that she had never beaten. They could have just pulled another Solidad or something.

    I don't know, I just didn't like how she lost to Zoey. She should have been able to at least beat her one.

    Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    The thing for me is allowing all of the huge legendaries to actually speak English. It seems so arbitrary too, like in order to move the story along they have to have the Pokemon speak like a human.
    In my mind there are few if but only logical choice to allow a legendary to speak English, and that is Mewtwo. So Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina say only their name, but the entire Musketeer trio, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem can speak like a human does??
    I mean correct me if I am wrong here.
    But does it not just seem to serve the stories' purpose in general? Growing up the only creatures that could talk like a human were Mewtwo and Meowth but now it seems like every single legendary can.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  6. #81

    Default

    Well if you want to get technical, few Pokémon actually talk, the others use telepathy.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    -Misty being replaced was the most stupid move in the entire anime
    - Ash promised to pick up Pidgeot but never did
    - The fact it is 750+ episodes and still not over

    At first I really didn't liked when Ash released many Pokemons (Butterfree/Charizard etc) but It was a long time ago I realized that leaving them in not the main problem for me at least. Scenes like "Bye Bye Butterfree" "Togetic leaving" is magical and could create such a big feeling. Tbh I cried both times but the main reason I did was because the friendship Pokemon overall has shown is great. Seeing them leave makes it hard cause the special bond the trainer have with their Pokemon.

    "We grow complacent with ideas, or things or people and we take them for granted and it's usually not until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you've realized how wrong you've been that you realized how much you need it, how much you love it."

    Getting separated from those Pokemons makes you really realize how special the friendship is in the first place. The fact Ash/Misty is leaving those Pokemons is because it is better for the Pokemons even if it makes them super sad cause they love them to much to see them lose those chances of doing something they would love to do. BUT the fact that most of those Pokemons is never ever coming back (Butterfree?) THAT is the stupid thing I hate.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Well if you want to get technical, few Pokémon actually talk, the others use telepathy.
    Then I said corrected here. But either way they make heavy use of telepathy when it is featured in a movie but you rarely see it in the anime.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  9. #84

    Default

    It used to irritate me when Ash and co. fell for the inch-thin disguises of Team Rocket. Thank God they got over that.
    Shinies:



  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    1. Ash and his cocky, somewhat arrogant attitude, coupled with DEM wins
    2. They make everyone else dumber to showcase Ash
    3. Lack of development

    Those are my top 3 reasons.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphSabre777 View Post
    1. Ash and his cocky, somewhat arrogant attitude, coupled with DEM wins
    2. They make everyone else dumber to showcase Ash
    3. Lack of development

    Those are my top 3 reasons.
    When was Ash arrogant and cocky and didn't get his butt handed to him? There is a character dumber than Ash, but it's a spoiler. Even then, Ash was shown to be smarter in the Johto League, AG, and DP. There is development, it's just slow.

    For me, it's always frustrating when the end of a series gets rushed for no reason in the long run.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grooseland
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Here's quite a few

    -How it took Cyndaquil 500 episodes to evolve into Quilava only to get a 30 second battle in the league that ended in a draw, 3 of the minuets that could've for him fighting Armaldo being stolen by Team Rocket's nonsense.
    -Ash's rivalry with Trip
    -The treatment of Oshawott as nothing but a joke
    -How Ash's Johto team was handled
    -Iris...From her annoying catchphrase to being handed a Dragonite
    -Ash losing to Tobias and his legendaries
    -Pikachu continually being "reset"
    -The voice actor change during BF
    -Ash regressing in skill level in BW
    -Ash not winning a single tournament in BW
    -How ridiculous the writers can be at times
    -Ash STILL being 10
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    When was Ash arrogant and cocky and didn't get his butt handed to him? There is a character dumber than Ash, but it's a spoiler. Even then, Ash was shown to be smarter in the Johto League, AG, and DP. There is development, it's just slow.
    Even though he gets defeated constantly, the writers make him still have that attitude. It makes him rather "unidimensional," as someone has previously stated; which makes him extremely irritating. Just saying. :/

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Cheren wasn't used because of the no aging role.
    Why? Just say he's ten in the Anime and *boom* you're done. Nothing to it.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    I know from season 6-10 I was incredibly frustrated that they wouldn't give Jessie a contest win, even as she got progressively better. Battle Frontier contests were even more frustrating than Hoenn ones because Jessie battled well in the BF ones, but still couldn't win.

    It was the biggest relief when they finally let her win ribbons and get to the Grand Festival in Sinnoh, that's for sure.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    The fact that Ash say to professor Oak that he will only compete with the Pokemon he caught in the Hoenn region for the champion ship. That is the perfect way to make him not winning so they can go on with the anime but that sucks (Im at those episodes when he will compete in the Hoenn league now).

    Another thing I found really stupid is the fact that in the Japanese opening for season 10 (yes I saw a video of it even if Im only at season 8) we see all of Ash old pokemon like Butterfree/Pidgeott but they don't introduce them in any episodes. WHY do they even bother showing them in the opening if they will not show them in any episodes?
    The same thing with Misty that is on the queen of hearts (I don't count mention here once with that lure cause that is not any screen time for the char).

    Those people that work with the anime is doing a pretty good job when it comes to making people mad.

    Edit: Yeah like I said. The Hoenn league ends with Ash barely losing to Tyson (the winner of the tournament) without his without a doubt strongest Pokemon (and other Pokemons like Snorlax that for sure is one of the strongest ones he has).

    It just feels stupid that he dosen't achive stuff cause he "only wanna use some specific pokemons". Also making him lose in that way is just proving he would win that league with the best Pokemons he has. And the fact he has lost to a friend 3 times in a row (not including orange islands) is VERY predictible (really hope that is not the case for the next league he enter).
    Last edited by ArmadaUGS; 18th December 2012 at 5:42 PM.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    -Misty being replaced was the most stupid move in the entire anime
    I know it wasn't a good move for some others but contests and May who was a game girl actually was a smart business move. It has nothing to do with whether if they liked the character or hated it.

    - Ash promised to pick up Pidgeot but never did
    Prehaps it was better if he didn't promise to come back for it. Would that make you happy? And you do know that most of Ash's bird Pokemon end up being shafted the most right? So what good what that do just having it at professor oak's lab stuck there?

    The fact it is 750+ episodes and still not over
    Uh, prehaps it's because they made some more pokemon games and thought that kids would still watch the show because of it? Which they do.

    At first I really didn't liked when Ash released many Pokemons (Butterfree/Charizard etc) but It was a long time ago I realized that leaving them in not the main problem for me at least. Scenes like "Bye Bye Butterfree" "Togetic leaving" is magical and could create such a big feeling. Tbh I cried both times but the main reason I did was because the friendship Pokemon overall has shown is great. Seeing them leave makes it hard cause the special bond the trainer have with their Pokemon.

    But scenes like that still happen. There was Dustox, Arbok/Weezing, Ambipom, Ralts(which was a very emotional episode for me) and some others that I don't want to mention.

    Getting separated from those Pokemons makes you really realize how special the friendship is in the first place.
    But doesn't it make you happy seeing that Ash can catch other cool pokemon too? I mean Gible his first dragon type and Scraggy his first dark type.

    BUT the fact that most of those Pokemons is never ever coming back (Butterfree?) THAT is the stupid thing I hate.
    But Misty had replaced her baby Togepi that had evolved with a baby Azurrill and Ash had caught many other cute bug types similar to catepie back then.(Sewaddle)
    Last edited by Caseydia; 18th December 2012 at 5:45 PM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I know it wasn't a good move for some others but contests and May who was a game girl actually was a smart business move. It has nothing to do with whether if they liked the character or hated it.
    Yeah the problem for many viewers is that most movies/animes etc is that they only have business in mind. I understand why they do it but I do think that the viewers also deserve something after watching/buying stuff (without them they would not make money in the first place). Tbh greed is making many things worse. When money is all that matters and not the love for what you do then you actually should think about the situation. Im not someone that say "money should not excist" or think people should not be able to make money. I do think people should think more about others and actually work with achive something more then just money. Inspiration or something can give them more money in the end too. They choose this way cause it is easier (takes less time too). And also that they don't even char about work they have created in the first place (Misty in this case) is what Im talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Prehaps it was better if he didn't promise to come back for it. Would that make you happy? And you do know that most of Ash's bird Pokemon end up being shafted the most right? So what good what that do just having it at professor oak's lab stuck there?
    I do think he should have went back like he promised. Having tons of Pokemons stuck at Oaks lab is not the best thing. The only thing Im asking for is that he visit and see the Pokemons he has sometimes. Is that to much to ask for?



    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Uh, prehaps it's because they made some more pokemon games and thought that kids would still watch the show because of it? Which they do.

    Yeah I totally see the reason WHY they have been doing 750 episodes and I understand WHY they possible make another 750 episodes but that dosen't mean I like the decision they do. Like I explained in the begining of this entire post I talked about "what the viewers deserve". I know this can be seen as something stupid/ridiculos but that's my opinion. I think that if you make money in a way that means other people need to watch/buy your stuff you should treat the fans good. I know it is impossible to make everyone happy but Im pretty sure most people agree with me when I say they have done severall things (on purpose too) to actually make the fans upset (I talk about the anime here Im not into the games). Right now it is just getting that last peny out of it. Pokemon was something special to most kids when Pokemon first came. I can't think of ANYTHING that was even close to how big Pokemon was when it first came. I do think something like that deserve to be treated good. It was for a long time treated good when people actually cared about it and tried to make it speciall for people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But scenes like that still happen. There was Dustox, Arbok/Weezing, Ambipom, Ralts(which was a very emotional episode for me) and some others that I don't want to mention.
    Yeah I know those scenes still excist (haven't seen all you mention cause I started watching the show from the begining this summer) but that's not what Im looking for. If you ask me the true emotions are not really their. I actually felt this special feeling when Misty was leaving Togetic (I did not saw that when I was young I saw it for the first time 2 months ago). So it's not like I can only feel that with scenes I saw when I was a little kid. That means it is still possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But doesn't it make you happy seeing that Ash can catch other cool pokemon too? I mean Gible his first dragon type and Scraggy his first dark type.
    To be honest most pokemons is not even "Pokemons" for me. When they started to just care for money and not about doing something special I could not really accept them. But even so I think it is cool that he catch new ones. But that is not what Im looking for here either. When he separated with those I said it was very clear to see the friendship he had with those Pokemons.


    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But Misty had replaced her baby Togepi that had evolved with a baby Azurrill and Ash had caught many other cute bug types similar to catepie back then.(Sewaddle)
    Replaced?
    Yeah that's a main problem for me. She had Togepi/Togetic for such a long time. Should we not be able to see Togetic again?
    Nah I guess we can just replace everything and not care. It's not the fact that she has Azurrill that really bothers me but I guess you by now can see what Im trying to say.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    Another thing I found really stupid is the fact that in the Japanese opening for season 10 (yes I saw a video of it even if Im only at season 8) we see all of Ash old pokemon like Butterfree/Pidgeott but they don't introduce them in any episodes. WHY do they even bother showing them in the opening if they will not show them in any episodes?
    The same thing with Misty that is on the queen of hearts (I don't count mention here once with that lure cause that is not any screen time for the char).
    The 10th opening was the 10th anniversary of the show. That's why they showed older characters and pokemon even if they don't actually appear in the series.

    Misty actually never appears in an episode again after the few eps she gets after the Hoenn league, even though she's also in one of the DP openings.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    Yeah the problem for many viewers is that most movies/animes etc is that they only have business in mind. I understand why they do it but I do think that the viewers also deserve something after watching/buying stuff (without them they would not make money in the first place). Tbh greed is making many things worse. When money is all that matters and not the love for what you do then you actually should think about the situation. Im not someone that say "money should not excist" or think people should not be able to make money. I do think people should think more about others and actually work with achive something more then just money. Inspiration or something can give them more money in the end too. They choose this way cause it is easier (takes less time too). And also that they don't even char about work they have created in the first place (Misty in this case) is what Im talking about.
    I didn't mean to make a fuss or anything but judging from your posts, it seems as though you are still upset about all of these things that happened years ago. So that's the reason why I thought to reply. Sorry if I bothered you.

    I don't think they do this for just money but they do it for advertising too. If you have a game coming out and a show, the games sell better because people are watching the show to see how the story is adding up to the game in some way. That's why I think they do all that stuff.

    I do think he should have went back like he promised. Having tons of Pokemons stuck at Oaks lab is not the best thing. The only thing Im asking for is that he visit and see the Pokemons he has sometimes. Is that to much to ask for?
    No, but when he went back to to Kanto in BF would have been the right time for Pigeot and all of the other pokemon he had before that you had mentioned. But the writers are the ones who wrote his promise and it seems as though they want nothing to do with those old pokemon he gave away.

    Yeah I totally see the reason WHY they have been doing 750 episodes and I understand WHY they possible make another 750 episodes but that dosen't mean I like the decision they do. Like I explained in the begining of this entire post I talked about "what the viewers deserve". I know this can be seen as something stupid/ridiculos but that's my opinion. I think that if you make money in a way that means other people need to watch/buy your stuff you should treat the fans good. I know it is impossible to make everyone happy but Im pretty sure most people agree with me when I say they have done severall things (on purpose too) to actually make the fans upset (I talk about the anime here Im not into the games). Right now it is just getting that last peny out of it. Pokemon was something special to most kids when Pokemon first came. I can't think of ANYTHING that was even close to how big Pokemon was when it first came. I do think something like that deserve to be treated good. It was for a long time treated good when people actually cared about it and tried to make it speciall for people.
    What exactly do you hope to see of in all 750 episodes that isn't happening now? You say that fans aren't treated well but I don't think that's true. Most characters have had lots of attention and giving cameos and everything. Let's not forget Brock over the years. As far as Ash's pokemon goes, they are released, so it really doesn't make sense for him to go back in hope that he should capture them again instead of catching other Pokemon.

    Yeah I know those scenes still excist (haven't seen all you mention cause I started watching the show from the begining this summer) but that's not what Im looking for. If you ask me the true emotions are not really their. I actually felt this special feeling when Misty was leaving Togetic (I did not saw that when I was young I saw it for the first time 2 months ago). So it's not like I can only feel that with scenes I saw when I was a little kid. That means it is still possible.
    But how was the emotion different from Togetic's then any other pokemon or character that has left the show? I don't see why her's is more better than others. I get there is emotion in the past but when Togepi evolved, it was in AG, not back in Johto somewhere. So it took a while to get to that point. Seeing as though Togepi barely was used.

    To be honest most pokemons is not even "Pokemons" for me. When they started to just care for money and not about doing something special I could not really accept them. But even so I think it is cool that he catch new ones. But that is not what Im looking for here either. When he separated with those I said it was very clear to see the friendship he had with those Pokemons.
    But what about Pikachu, Oshawott and all those other pokemon that has personality and potential? Just because they were his first pokemon, doesn't mean that his newer ones aren't as special and aren't anymore of a friend than his old ones. Geez!

    Replaced?
    Yeah that's a main problem for me. She had Togepi/Togetic for such a long time. Should we not be able to see Togetic again?
    Nah I guess we can just replace everything and not care. It's not the fact that she has Azurrill that really bothers me but I guess you by now can see what Im trying to say.
    I didn't want to be disrespectful or anything but the reason I said replaced is because Misty's arms were preoccupied with Togepi before and then she was holding Azurril is the same spot after that so it made sense to say replaced since Togetic could fly. Besides, even though Togetic had to leave shortly she gained a Gyradose, a new friend which is just as good for her as it was for Azurril.

    My ideal battle ever!

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    Yeah the problem for many viewers is that most movies/animes etc is that they only have business in mind. I understand why they do it but I do think that the viewers also deserve something after watching/buying stuff (without them they would not make money in the first place). Tbh greed is making many things worse. When money is all that matters and not the love for what you do then you actually should think about the situation. Im not someone that say "money should not excist" or think people should not be able to make money. I do think people should think more about others and actually work with achive something more then just money. Inspiration or something can give them more money in the end too. They choose this way cause it is easier (takes less time too). And also that they don't even char about work they have created in the first place (Misty in this case) is what Im talking about.
    Ironic thing is that marketing was never main factor behind constant character cycling.
    Anime serves purpose mainly to advertize new games but the only thing which is important to Nintendo and Gamefreak is that new pokemon and evolutions are promoted properly. When it comes to characters and forming cast writers are flexible in that aspect having liberty to choose who they want to include in show. Fact that several important game characters were ignored despite being vital to games like Brendan,Lucas,Steven(Hoenn champion),Leaf,Hilda etc just further proved how its perfectly possible to advertize new games with older cast. Brock long stay beating all records(he was there for 11 whooping years), Ash and Team Rocket are prime examples showing how you can successfully promote new games while not changing necessarily cast.

    I always thought one of biggest misplays writers did in this show was too conservative approach and lack of willingness in investing more into characters which proved to be popular and successful taking them forward. Character rotation always seemed to me like best option, but alas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But how was the emotion different from Togetic's then any other pokemon or character that has left the show? I don't see why her's is more better than others. I get there is emotion in the past but when Togepi evolved, it was in AG, not back in Johto somewhere. So it took a while to get to that point. Seeing as though Togepi barely was used.
    It depends on personal taste i guess what you will consider emotional or not, and i believe he meant how he considered Togetic departure as more touching, memorable than some other departures we saw.

    Its matter of personal preference.

    I didn't want to be disrespectful or anything but the reason I said replaced is because Misty's arms were preoccupied with Togepi before and then she was holding Azurril is the same spot after that so it made sense to say replaced since Togetic could fly. Besides, even though Togetic had to leave shortly she gained a Gyradose, a new friend which is just as good for her as it was for Azurril.
    I believe he meant how its disappointing that writers care so little about continuity and past in this show treating characters, pokemon and events which happened at some point like they never mattered taking away from cohesive story. Same happens with older pokemon. Once they lav they are good as dead never being seen again.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I didn't mean to make a fuss or anything but judging from your posts, it seems as though you are still upset about all of these things that happened years ago. So that's the reason why I thought to reply. Sorry if I bothered you.

    I don't think they do this for just money but they do it for advertising too. If you have a game coming out and a show, the games sell better because people are watching the show to see how the story is adding up to the game in some way. That's why I think they do all that stuff.
    Well I do think it is many bad things they have done in the past even if it was many years ago. And don't feel sorry for answer, happy that people actually read and make comments (it's a discussion board so ).

    Advertising=Money in the end. If they work with the anime to advertise the games it is even more about money then I first thought. If you really like/love what you do you would not see the anime as advertising for something else. I do think it was more passion and they wanted to create something special. That's probably the reason why Pokemon was one of the few things that became THAT big. In this "competition" you need to be outstanding to reach out to so many. You don't do that if you don't put your heart into it (but after that it is easier to make money cause you have a trademark to work with). But yeah I guess Im dissapointed in how all of this works (with this I mean this kind of business).

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    No, but when he went back to to Kanto in BF would have been the right time for Pigeot and all of the other pokemon he had before that you had mentioned. But the writers are the ones who wrote his promise and it seems as though they want nothing to do with those old pokemon he gave away.
    I don't really mind that much if he went back right away or a few seasons later ( I do think it has been way to long now even if I still prefer him seeing him again). Yeah the writers "want nothing to do with those old pokemon". Yeah that is what I don't like. It is basically like giving us something good and then we will never see it again? It seems like much of this discussion is about you saying what the writers did (and I know what they did) but I say why I think it's a bad move. Just because the writers make some moves dosen't mean it is the best ones (not trying to say I have all the answers but I do hope you see my point).


    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What exactly do you hope to see of in all 750 episodes that isn't happening now? You say that fans aren't treated well but I don't think that's true. Most characters have had lots of attention and giving cameos and everything. Let's not forget Brock over the years. As far as Ash's pokemon goes, they are released, so it really doesn't make sense for him to go back in hope that he should capture them again instead of catching other Pokemon.
    Well here is some stuff I would like.
    1: Bringing old pokemons/chars back: They have been a big part of the anime and did have a great impact. They deserve to come back (something that dosen't happen enough/at all depending on the case)

    2: Actually give the viewers a show that is not 1000 episodes to make money. The seasons is about the same thing over and over again. Don't we deserve to see if Ash end up being the Pokemon master? This show started to air in Sweden when I was 6 and Im almost 20 now. I do think we deserve to see a end and not a drawn out show just because they wanna have money.

    The fans is not treated well if the show itself never has a ending. The fans is not treated well if stuff that is really important is just left like that and then expect us to just like everything that is new. I don't say a show never should have anything new cause that would not work but your past is the reason you are who you are atm. Just skip that stuff is NOT fair to the viewers. The fans has actually been kicked in the faces severall of times. The writers is not doing that good of a job on many levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But how was the emotion different from Togetic's then any other pokemon or character that has left the show? I don't see why her's is more better than others. I get there is emotion in the past but when Togepi evolved, it was in AG, not back in Johto somewhere. So it took a while to get to that point. Seeing as though Togepi barely was used.
    Have you ever seen a good and a bad emotion scene?
    Have you ever seen a emotion scene that makes you cry or understand how important something is? Something that maybe teach you a lesson about a certain situation?

    If you have you will understand my point, if you haven't you hopefully will in the future. But yeah I understand it comes to taste but that is my opinion. They can't really touch you on the inside with those other scenes. If we do take "Bye bye Butterfree" I will try to tell why I think that is a great scene.

    The emotions for Ash/Butterfree/Pikachu. It is easy to feel what they feel and that makes ot easier to relate to their feelings.
    The song is perfect for this scene and even to this day I "shudder" when I hear this beautiful soundtrack.
    Their history is really good and it is completly understandable why they have the reactions they have.
    Probably tons of more stuff I can't even explain. That kind of feeling I do get when I see that/Togetic scene is more deep and I can guarrantee you that they worked harder on those then most other goodbye scenes. Try to have "all emotion scenes are the same/as good" is wrong no matter show/anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But what about Pikachu, Oshawott and all those other pokemon that has personality and potential? Just because they were his first pokemon, doesn't mean that his newer ones aren't as special and aren't anymore of a friend than his old ones. Geez!
    Ofc they are still friends and has personality and potencial but that dosen't mean I think he should forget friends he has made in the past. If you do get a new friend do you never talk to a old one? I know the example is extreme but that is pretty much the case here and that is what is bad and one of many reasons why the fans is not treated even close to good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I didn't want to be disrespectful or anything but the reason I said replaced is because Misty's arms were preoccupied with Togepi before and then she was holding Azurril is the same spot after that so it made sense to say replaced since Togetic could fly. Besides, even though Togetic had to leave shortly she gained a Gyradose, a new friend which is just as good for her as it was for Azurril.
    This is still not about new friends. YES it is good she has find someone that can make here happy. BUT I still do think old friends is also very important. And even if you never meant replaced like that I will say that you can't replace people/pokemons etc. That's why they should see them cause they have a big impact. Misty changed much after she did get Togepi and it is maybe the Pokemon that changed her most. That dosen't make it wrong to have new friends but wrong to not see old ones again.


    Cybercubed: I see. Yeah I do think with a opening like that you should included them in at least some episodes. It probably rised many peoples hope to see them back.

    Pokemon fan 132: Maybe they should work more on not letting them look like completly robots
    Char rotation to much is not something I like. Ofc some new can be introduced but main chars should be included. Fans is usually angry when they get removed cause the main cast is the reasons they first started to watch (if they did not like the enitre cast why would they watch?).

    Maybe have a finish on the anime with Ash/Misty/Brock and then start another Pokemon anime with new people a new story (at least that way the first one is not punished as hard)

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    805

    Default

    They stopped being frustrating a long time ago, now it's all predictable.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    It depends on personal taste i guess what you will consider emotional or not, and i believe he meant how he considered Togetic departure as more touching, memorable than some other departures we saw.

    Its matter of personal preference.
    I understand about personal tastes but to say that the other departures that were done on the show after was not emotional is not true. The writers still do things like that. Just because it was they were the first doesn't mean they haven't done emotion on this show after that.

    believe he meant how its disappointing that writers care so little about continuity and past in this show treating characters, pokemon and events which happened at some point like they never mattered taking away from cohesive story. Same happens with older pokemon. Once they lav they are good as dead never being seen again.
    But isn't that how all of the characters other than Ash were treated? If you are talking about Misty, then yes. Brock stayed on for years and if they wanted to do something real for him then if they cared then they would have done it already. Would you would have want Misty is Brock's place doing little to nothing on the sidelines instead of atleast having her own special series with other characters? Gary has been shwon a few times more than he should have been. So he has had great focus. But you need to realize that he changed his goal, so he and Ash won't butt heads like they used to on like how Paul and Ash did. But that's not anyone's fault. And Tracey is pretty much where he said he wanted to be. It's not like anyone is forcing him to be there if he doesnt want to be. Max is the only one that needs better treating since he hasn't been given much of anything out of everyone else.

    I don't really mind that much if he went back right away or a few seasons later ( I do think it has been way to long now even if I still prefer him seeing him again). Yeah the writers "want nothing to do with those old pokemon". Yeah that is what I don't like. It is basically like giving us something good and then we will never see it again? It seems like much of this discussion is about you saying what the writers did (and I know what they did) but I say why I think it's a bad move. Just because the writers make some moves dosen't mean it is the best ones (not trying to say I have all the answers but I do hope you see my point).
    But what about Charizard, Primeape and all the other pokemon that people are hyped about in this season? I don't think the writers forget about this stuff the more you keep posting. I think they do this once in a while to remind people that they haven't forgot. But you need to realized about what a "released" pokemon is from a one back "at professor Oak's ranch". Ash can't go all over the place and look for his older pokemon he once used to carry. But alteast his older pokemon get used. And speaking of old, in BF they were used. So the writers don't forget.

    1: Bringing old pokemons/chars back: They have been a big part of the anime and did have a great impact. They deserve to come back (something that dosen't happen enough/at all depending on the case)
    What old characters are we talking about exactly? Brock just left and he wasn't all that important being that he was on for so long. If you're talking about Misty, then it could happen. But she could get specials even though she's had quite a few already. May doesn't really need any and Dawn had hers. Tracey is pretty much always in Pallet Town whenever ash usually goes back home but Tracey never does anything when he's there, so I don't think it's necessary. I don't also think bringing them to Unova would be needed because Ash is about to leave as soon as the Plasma arc is done, so I'm sure maybe someone will show up when Ash goes homw if you are interested. You can always keep an opened mind.

    The fans is not treated well if the show itself never has a ending. The fans is not treated well if stuff that is really important is just left like that and then expect us to just like everything that is new. I don't say a show never should have anything new cause that would not work but your past is the reason you are who you are atm. Just skip that stuff is NOT fair to the viewers. The fans has actually been kicked in the faces severall of times. The writers is not doing that good of a job on many levels.
    They aren't? Well this is a surprise because I hear alot of people like BW and the BW gymleader characters. Not only that, they did a pale imitation of Kanto series by making BW but instead it's a bit better. They did that to see what mistakes they had made with the older series without bring the older characters back. I don't think it's a slap in the face. This show has been about changes since the Oranges Islands. If you like an anime where all of the characters are always together from where it began to where it will end than this is not the type of anime for you. But alteast they make references for those older characters. It's not like they are completely forgotten.

    Have you ever seen a good and a bad emotion scene?
    Uh yeah. The Swablu episode gets me everytime.

    Have you ever seen a emotion scene that makes you cry or understand how important something is? Something that maybe teach you a lesson about a certain situation?
    Uh, yes. But I didn't learn any lessons from the Togetic episode. I actually learned more from the Dustox episode.

    If you have you will understand my point, if you haven't you hopefully will in the future. But yeah I understand it comes to taste but that is my opinion. They can't really touch you on the inside with those other scenes. If we do take "Bye bye Butterfree" I will try to tell why I think that is a great scene.
    I understand that. I understand the emotion and sadness of it all but why does Ash need to go back and capture it just because of that that. Butterfree is probably a father now and it would be selfish for Ash to try and re-catch it again.

    The emotions for Ash/Butterfree/Pikachu. It is easy to feel what they feel and that makes ot easier to relate to their feelings.
    The thing about Pikachu was that Ash was in something called "release mode" back then. He always used to wonder if his pokemon were happier with him or with their pokemon friends. He still is like that. But the thing about the pikachu episode was that pikachu never left. And the Pikachu and Raichu episode in Sinnoh was just as emotional for me as that one. Because it showed that it doesn't have to evolve to be strong. I think I actually learned a lesson in that episode than in the one back in kanto.

    Ofc they are still friends and has personality and potencial but that dosen't mean I think he should forget friends he has made in the past. If you do get a new friend do you never talk to a old one? I know the example is extreme but that is pretty much the case here and that is what is bad and one of many reasons why the fans is not treated even close to good enough.
    But Ash has alot of pokemon and friends but that doesn't mean he doesn't keep in touch and that doesn't mean he can carry all his pokemon at once. Besides, his friends have things they do too other thsn Ash, so it might be an inconvience if they were to stop what they were doing to always see Ash. The same goes for Ash if he is always traveling to compete. And Ash shouldn't stop his goal just because he can't just use the phone like everyone else.

    This is still not about new friends. YES it is good she has find someone that can make here happy. BUT I still do think old friends is also very important. And even if you never meant replaced like that I will say that you can't replace people/pokemons etc. That's why they should see them cause they have a big impact. Misty changed much after she did get Togepi and it is maybe the Pokemon that changed her most. That dosen't make it wrong to have new friends but wrong to not see old ones again.
    If you have a problem with that you can always write letters to the writers about that stuff. Maybe Misty had gone back to see Togetic again but does that mean we have to know about it everytime she goes? The same goes for the others.

    Maybe have a finish on the anime with Ash/Misty/Brock and then start another Pokemon anime with new people a new story (at least that way the first one is not punished as hard)
    But Ash is somewhere else right now. Why can't Misty and Brock travel by themselves? They are more than capable. Besides, they have more to do than what they used to which wasn't much so I doubt that would work again like it used too.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 20th December 2012 at 6:19 PM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphSabre777 View Post
    Even though he gets defeated constantly, the writers make him still have that attitude. It makes him rather "unidimensional," as someone has previously stated; which makes him extremely irritating. Just saying. :/
    He's not cocky, he was extremely cocky in the OS.... Actually I find him quite humble and conscious of his limits, he is confident indeed but not arrogant. Why shouldn't he be confident though? And once again Ash is naive and sometimes very dumb. You can't blame him though he is quite mature for someone that is 10

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •