Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But won't it be coming back anyway? Man, people really need to see what's going on around them.
    He's coming back? I don't read spoilers as said below

Team Rocket always showing up to take screentime away from the regions villains. I feel that the villains could have gotten better treatment if Team Rocket had been replaced by them after Johto.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post

Misty developed more than Brock did there.
    I actually disagree with you there, unless you're just speaking on the Johto region. Brock, while his time was vast, developed pretty well by the end of DP. His conclusion in the Sinnoh Saga was pretty well done, in my opinion..I guess. He developed further than just a breeder, his techniques and knowledge gained from his travels led him to become a Pokemon Doctor. His Happiny also evolved into a Chansey, which is too cool. It just symbolizes everything, from his maturity and caring growth as a person to his Breeder like abilities to care for younger Pokemon. xD Since DP, you can just see Brock as an outstanding Pokemon Doctor in the future, with a Blissey as well! He also gets to work with Nurse Joys now. :"D

Continuity can be the most frustrating thing about this anime. But even worse than that is knowing that there could be a better Pokemon anime instead. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Ash replacing his hat. It meant so much to him...
    I agree with this. To add to that, outfit change, everyone's original outfits just looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafei View Post
    lol i forgot about the GS Ball! If i remember correctly it was supposed to contain Celebi but was scrapped due to the 4th movie, another bad decision xD
    Agreed as well, probably the only thing that really sucked about Johto.

~marioluigifan05

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post

Agreed as well, probably the only thing that really sucked about Johto.

~marioluigifan05
    There were a whole bunch of things wrong with the Johto saga, but its been stated so many times its pointless to repeat.

At the very least the amount of frustration of sitting through Johto's flaws over a decade ago were addressed after it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There were a whole bunch of things wrong with the Johto saga, but its been stated so many times its pointless to repeat.

At the very least the amount of frustration of sitting through Johto's flaws over a decade ago were addressed after it ended.
    Johto did have many flaws, just that was the main one. The others weren't that big a deal in comparison (except maybe filler).

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Johto did have many flaws, just that was the main one. The others weren't that big a deal in comparison (except maybe filler).
    The whole point was Johto did away with Kanto's sense of darkness, plot and slapstick humor. If the Johto saga was written the way Kanto was nobody would have complained about it.

This stuff started disappearing during Orange Islands but by the time Johto started it was completely gone. Even the original trio didn't feel the same as it was in Kanto, mostly thanks to Misty losing her temper and Brock not being as funny as he was before. It was just stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    I actually disagree with you there, unless you're just speaking on the Johto region. Brock, while his time was vast, developed pretty well by the end of DP. His conclusion in the Sinnoh Saga was pretty well done, in my opinion..I guess. He developed further than just a breeder, his techniques and knowledge gained from his travels led him to become a Pokemon Doctor. His Happiny also evolved into a Chansey, which is too cool. It just symbolizes everything, from his maturity and caring growth as a person to his Breeder like abilities to care for younger Pokemon. xD Since DP, you can just see Brock as an outstanding Pokemon Doctor in the future, with a Blissey as well! He also gets to work with Nurse Joys now. :"D

Continuity can be the most frustrating thing about this anime. But even worse than that is knowing that there could be a better Pokemon anime instead. :c
    I was talking about Johto actually, but even when looking as a whole i feel Misty changed more as person and trainer over time than Brock did.

Brock without doubt developed, im not denying that. He became more understanding finding common language with dis functional family developing nice bond with Forest being filled with pride when he became gym leader.
    We can see Brock enriched his knowledge learning how to be better breeder by exchanging tips with others, learning how to prepare new type of food or medicine. He learned how to take care of sick pokemon in crisis situations improving as pokemon caretaker. And was faced with bug dilemma whether ti remain breeder or pursue doctor career with foreshadowing kinda happening already at end of Battle Frontier.

However in comparison i feel Misty changed the most as character right after May who of course got most growth. More than Dawn and even Iris did. She started all cranky only being concerned about Ash repaying bike, had very low brink of tolerance and exploded over every smallest thing. But over time she grew accustomed to Ash and Brock viewing them as "new family". Interacting with Ash was lately of more lighthearted nature teasing him and getting annoyed in more friendly way(though sometimes she was still ready to bite head of) as well helping Brock about problems like romance issues. Comparing her at end of Johto and Hoenn with Kanto i noticed she started to grow as person becoming more level headed not needing to rely on Ash or Brock so much anymore, more selfconfident getting over complex of feeling less worthy compared to sisters helping others about same issue(like Sakura), learned how to apply new strategy and develop skills as trainer still bringing comedy, fun interaction and conflict in main cast ,becoming more independent and mature starting to take more initiative herself finding right balance between her tomboyish and girly side.

I liked how she established great relationship with several characters(like Sakura, Egan, Marina ,Egan etc) ,how she found courage to defeat Gyarados fear, managed to gain sisters respect and save gym, had several wins and memorable moments during her run with her skills as water trainer being recognized improving rapidly with top 8 in Whirl Cup, winning Seaking contest, Alto Mare race etc, reflecting that.

She seemed that she definitely grew over time quite a bit actually.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The whole point was Johto did away with Kanto's sense of darkness, plot and slapstick humor. If the Johto saga was written the way Kanto was nobody would have complained about it.

This stuff started disappearing during Orange Islands but by the time Johto started it was completely gone. Even the original trio didn't feel the same as it was in Kanto, mostly thanks to Misty losing her temper and Brock not being as funny as he was before. It was just stale.
    Interactions between characters were different in Orange Islands because we had different cast with Tracey operating on different level with Ash and Misty than Brock did. But it was in no way any worse than interactions in Kanto being just as fun in different way.

Not to mention as time goes on characters evolve with chemistry between them changing, but that in no way doesn't change fact how AMB group still had excellent dynamic between themselves in Johto.

AG, DP or BW cast are interacting differently in mid and at end of their respective sagas since friendship grew and characters evolved, but i don't see you saying how quality of their interactions got worse because of it.

I watched Johto several times and Ash,Misty and Brock were even closer as friends than they were in Kanto acting like they know themselves for years becoming more mature.operated on different level in this saga compared to Kanto.Ash became less impulsive and bratty starting to mature, Misty became more timid and sarcastic using jokes and less temper not being so aggressive to Ash and Brock like she was in Kanto becoming closer as friend,while Brock put them in check when conflict would arise being less shy in approaching girls.

Granted Misty and Ash didn't argued as much like before but i say there was still dynamic between those two in Johto. She was still annoyed when acting stupid or getting lost in forest( when he tried to wash Brock Onix with water or didn't tried her soup in "Sick Daze" for example) . I remember they still had that rivalry between themselves and Misty still liked to tease him frequently making jokes. For example in Chinchau episode when group got separated she was making fun how he is perfect choice to get lost or eat all supplies, ,when she teased and tricked Ash in wearing costume of Octillery to help Marcellus etc. Their friendship was on more endearing note being imbued with lighthearted humor and moral support and while there wasn't as much fights between them compared to Kanto she often came up with snarky comments and jokes, being annoyed with Ash stupidity who always backhanded comments directed toward him.

For record Misty still had her temper showing it several times in Johto, but since she started to mature and grow as person she became less explosive like she used to be in early Kanto days becoming more independent. For same reason Ash was less impulsive and more levelheaded in Hoenn, May was less ditzy and insecure at end of AG era etc.

All of this are examples of character development , evolution.

Genwunners everywhere /shot

I'm frustrated at Ash being dumbed down in BW. When I saw he had lost to Snivy, I was like, "Wad dafuq? Oh well, the saga will get better". Then I watched all the way to Elesa's gym, which is still decent due to me being a HUGE Bianca fan, I saw Ash vs Elesa, and I was like "WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!". The same gym, Sinnoh's Gym 4 and Unova's Gym 4. Both are treated totally differently. Pastoria Gym Battle had an epic Buizel vs Floatzel showdown, and a saga later, same gym, we have this stupid Ash thinking he can oneshot everyone with Palpitoad.

Also frustrated at Iris's smug moments. She isn't much better.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Legendary Pokemon spam by that one trainer facing Ash in the Sinnoh League semifinals. It's like the writers sis not want Ash to win, but had to think of something completely ridiculous to make him lose.

Team Rocket's potential being wasted.

The cancellation of the Plasma vs Rocket episodes. Not just this in general, but I was hoping the series would take a more mature/complex route.

Ash not evolving enough of his Pokemon

Oh, and Pikachu winning/tying against strong/legendary Pokemon, but losing to weak ones.
    Last edited by Ryechuu; 16th January 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Do NOT make Fennekin repeat history GameFreak. I'm begging you!

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I actually would have preferred that Ash beat Trip before the league and that instead of losing in the league they tied eliminating both of them from the tournament.

It was an alright change but I feel like it could have been executed better.
    This. I think it would have been better if Ash beat Trip in the Junior Cup, Trip goes into a depression than doesn't get to battle him until the top 8th spot, then maybe battling Kotestu's ******* later.

My ideal battle ever!

When Ash left all his pokemon behind after Johto, I was just completely frustrated. As well as when Brock and Misty left.
    Force of Habit

Onix KOing Pikachu with Screech...
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Oh, God, yes. They could have Mudkip/Marshstomp (whichever form it was in at that point) fill their canteens with a Water Gun attack XD
    Assuming the water via water gun is drinkable water for humans

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Oh yeah, saliva and germs...

There are lots. team rocket trying to get pikachu again and again. ash never ages. going for a fresh start everry region. changing the main cast.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Tobias in general
    Ash's Pikachu losing to Tripp's beginner Snivy
    Krookodile defeating Dragonite
    Ash losing all the leagues
    Torterra
    Most of Ash's gym battles annoy the hell out of me for reasons I cannot explain
    Ash being the "chosen one" in pretty much all the movies
    Why won't Oshawott evolve?
    Ash barely ever reusing or even less paying a visit to his old Pokemon
    These are just some of the things that annoy me from the top of my head.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by remybutton View Post
    Tobias in general
    Better than Kotetsu anyday.

Ash's Pikachu losing to Tripp's beginner Snivy
    You mean when Pikachu was stunned by a legendary electric plant? Yeah, I don't think he would have lost without that plot.

Krookodile defeating Dragonite
    Oh, so you wanted Dragonite to beat yet another pokemon in the Junior Cup?

Ash losing all the leagues
    Agreed. He'll probably lose the next one too.

Torterra
    Maybe it's because it was huge, slow and because Turtwig and Grotle already got some good battles out of it. It was Infernape's turn.

Most of Ash's gym battles annoy the hell out of me for reasons I cannot explain
    Better than pity badges.

Ash being the "chosen one" in pretty much all the movies
    Hmm, in the DP ones him and Dawn were pretty much focused. The reason the BW ones were was because Iris and Cilan are sidekicks.

Why won't Oshawott evolve?
    I guess the same reason Pikachu, Piplup and probably Axew won't.

Ash barely ever reusing or even less paying a visit to his old Pokemon
    You mean like in BF and all of the leagues before that or now when Charizard will be showing up? You do know that Ash has over 20 pokemon right? Why treat them so special when he catches some in new regions? It will probably be the same why next series.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Better than Kotetsu anyday.
    I fail to see how he's worse. He didn't pull legendaries from nowhere.

You mean when Pikachu was stunned by a legendary electric plant? Yeah, I don't think he would have lost without that plot.
    Last I checked, Zekrom was a dragon. And he looked nothing like a plant.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

....Dunno about you but I would NOT drink anything that came out from a Pokemon's mouth... ._.
    Umm...I guess Trip losing the league early? ^^; I can't think of much... but that annoyed meh, I thought he would go far D:
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

There's a few things that have annoyed me about the anime, but one thing that really gets on my nerves is how someone scans a Pokemon with the pokedex that they've already seen in the past.

Like in the episode where Ash battles Roxie, he already saw Koffing in the past so many different times, and yet....he scans it again?

If a Water Pokemon can use a Water Gun attack to fill bowls and glasses, wouldn't that mean that they would never go thirsty?

Also, I used to be puzzled about how the group could carry so much stuff around with them, but then I considered the idea that some backpacks are made with technology similar to what is used to hold Pokemon in Poke Balls. Dawn probably wanted to bring a suitcase instead for the sake of organization, but since she only had one dress, she could pull it out of the backpack with no trouble. It would also explain the tables and cookware that can be carried around without a hint of struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I fail to see how he's worse. He didn't pull legendaries from nowhere.
    Maybe not, but at least it took two legendaries to beat Ash, and Tobias wasn't a complete moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    There's a few things that have annoyed me about the anime, but one thing that really gets on my nerves is how someone scans a Pokemon with the pokedex that they've already seen in the past.

Like in the episode where Ash battles Roxie, he already saw Koffing in the past so many different times, and yet....he scans it again?
    His brain reset in Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    His brain reset in Unova.
    lol, when doesn't it reset?

Another thing that annoyed me was Team Rocket's Wobbuffet, and how he pretty much made their motto more painful for me to watch and listen to. That, and I HATE how James eventually ended up saying "Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight!"

Man, that was frustrating as hell.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast