Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Anime Moments

I think I'll always be disappointed at the lack of development for Misty. Granted, that could be my nostalgia showing through, but the wasted potential hurts me every time I do a rewatch.

Along the same lines, so many of Ash's Pokemon are under used. I'd complain about Joto period, but I get the sense I'm not alone...

I normally don't complain much about Pokemon being released, even though I find it hard to bare saying goodbye to lovable characters. But releasing Ambipom was such a waste, and a huge disappointment. Although the writers tried to butter it up by claiming it was her choice to play ping pong, and that she had Dawn/Ash's permission to choose to stay or leave. If only Ambi was a little more popular in the market, I'm sure she would have stayed. Especially for Movie 12.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

- Characters from the anime leaving without proper closure and reaching their goals. It's sad to know we'll never know how everything ends up.
    - The dub switch from 4Kids to TPCi (not going to lie, it was a fairly tough adjustment for me: I loved the dub voices back in the 4Kids era, and I hated that they were changed so abruptly and so much). I actually like both dubs now, but the 4Kids dub has a very special place in my heart despite the edits and "Americanization" stuff. I generally feel despite its glaring flaws, the 4Kids dub was much more entertaining to me, if nothing else.
    - The lack of truly powerful emotional moments in the newer Pokemon anime series. Some were still present in DP, but BW's sorely lacking these moments.
    - Too many main characters in the same Ash Ketchum/TRio continuity. While it's great that we have such a variety of them, each with their own unique abilities and trademarks, I think we've really pushed the envelope here at this point, and eventually I won't even care for the newer ones if this keeps up.
    - Lack of focus on the Pokemon as opposed to the human characters sometimes.
    - Ash's older Pokemon getting Oaked time and again.
    - The repetitive nature of the anime in general.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 24th February 2013 at 1:44 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    - The repetitive nature of the anime in general.
    For this, I'd love for the anime to be utterly replaced by a Mystery Dungeon anime. GENOCIDE FOR THE USELESS HUMANS!

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    For this, I'd love for the anime to be utterly replaced by a Mystery Dungeon anime. GENOCIDE FOR THE USELESS HUMANS!
    Honestly, I do like the idea of a Mystery Dungeon anime. I actually really enjoyed the specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Ash not winning a League. He should have won one of the Leagues and lost to an Elite 4 member thus deciding to go to the next region and train harder.
    Most definitely. Seriously!
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 24th February 2013 at 1:49 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

When I was a kid, I found it frustrating when Ash released his Pokemon.

I know Cyntaquil was a GSC starter, but I much preferred to see Charizard, as I'm sure most people did.

I also found it annoying that Ash pledged to "catch all the Pokemon in the world" at the beginning of the series, but he barely caught any. At the time I thought he might actually fulfill his quest and I was super-excited.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

The fact that Ash is still a kid all these years is what frustrates me the most. Another moment would be was when he released Pidgeot and didn't even come back for it.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    The fact that Ash is still a kid all these years is what frustrates me the most. Another moment would be was when he released Pidgeot and didn't even come back for it.
    I was like eight when I watched the first episode, and I actually outgrew him by a wide margin.

What is this I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    Ash really blows as keeping promises, huh?

How Ash's Gible never got the chance to evolve and how it's just a regular at Oak's place. All that potential down the drain.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by remybutton View Post
    How Ash's Gible never got the chance to evolve and how it's just a regular at Oak's place. All that potential down the drain.
    Cynthia will forever have an uber Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I was like eight when I watched the first episode, and I actually outgrew him by a wide margin.

What is this I don't even...
    He was supposed to be +12 years old granted that he and Pikachu celebrated their two year anniversary in a special.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

The fact that Ash never evolves his water types(kingler does not count)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Ash really blows as keeping promises, huh?
    Why do people keep saying that? He's a kid. He probably forgets just like other kids in the world. And He's caught other shafted bird pokemon also. So there is no need for this.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Why do people keep saying that? He's a kid. He probably forgets just like other kids in the world. And He's caught other shafted bird pokemon also. So there is no need for this.
    Kid or not, it doesn't make him look good. Hell, you'd think someone would remind him or Pidgeot would go to him.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Kid or not, it doesn't make him look good. Hell, you'd think someone would remind him or Pidgeot would go to him.
    Or Pigeot could always go fly to him instead of Ash running around looking for a bird that probably flew to the south or something. I really think it's not as a big of a deal you keep making. And it was so long ago. He was a kid and still is. Let it go. You shouldn't hold that one releasre against him for the rest of his life.

My ideal battle ever!

Team Rocket. I mean do they have to do their motto EVERY EPISODE?? Plus they only managed to steal 1 pokemon and wasn't even stolen. They just caught it before that kid did in that DP episode with yanma and that boy with a piplup named pippy. And my goodness MAKE ASH AGE AND/OR HAVE HIM WIN,A LEAGUE FORONCE!

I'm frusturated with how Mienshao is being treated in the anime so far. Its debut was wasted just to show off how powerful Montgomery's Throh was, and things are just rock bottom for it from that point on. Needless to say with Pokemon X & Y on the Horizon, I'm going to be upset if this is all Mienshao gets before the Unova series ends.

Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    I'm frusturated with how Mienshao is being treated in the anime so far. Its debut was wasted just to show off how powerful Montgomery's Throh was, and things are just rock bottom for it from that point on. Needless to say with Pokemon X & Y on the Horizon, I'm going to be upset if this is all Mienshao gets before the Unova series ends.
    *Looks at sig* Hey, relax. It got into the Japanese opening as an evil brainwashed Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    In my opinion, i am sick of Meloetta. She is pretty and cute and all, but she has like 50 episodes dedicated to her and her annoying singing.
    She got like eight episodes.

- Umbreon not showing up for the entire AG series. It didn't have even background appearances that I noticed except for in the opening of Destiny Deoxys. Espeon was shown on screen a lot, but Umbreon? Nope.
    - Misty leaving at the end of Master Quest.
    - Ash thinking about leaving Pikachu in Pikachu's Goodbye or whatever it was titled.
    - Gary Oak becoming a Pokemon Professor. It made sense, but I hated it.
    - The voice actor change. It was something that had already happened when I started watching, but I started watching in 2008, but I was watching Johto replays and I remember because my first episode was Power Play and Umbreon became my favorite Pokemon instantly. xD I only remember what episode it was because Umbroen became my favorite. I didn't remember the title for a while, but I remembered what happened in it so I ended up looking up the episode that Gary's Umbreon showed up in and that was the only one where it made a real appearance in Johto so... So I didn't know about the voice actor change until I went online and started watching all the episodes from the beginning and when I got to Battle Frontier I was pretty annoyed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    - Umbreon not showing up for the entire AG series. It didn't have even background appearances that I noticed except for in the opening of Destiny Deoxys. Espeon was shown on screen a lot, but Umbreon? Nope.
    Haven't you noticed that all Eevee evolutions in the show end up shafted for some reason? I mean we saw Zoey get a Leafon but barely saw it after that in anything esle.

Misty leaving at the end of Master Quest.
    I don't know if that was fustrating even more than her staying on when she and Brock both were boring at the time. Please remember that this was Johto.

- Ash thinking about leaving Pikachu in Pikachu's Goodbye or whatever it was titled.
    Ash was in something called release mode back in Kanto, he would always think about his pokemon's feelings and happinesss over his own. This is why he doesn't do releases anymore.

- Gary Oak becoming a Pokemon Professor. It made sense, but I hated it.
    This. But I'm not sure if he is a pokemon professor quite yet. But I get where you're going with this.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 6th March 2013 at 6:06 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

the 4th badge in Unova...ugh...having to keep running out to get a new pokemon when Pikachu wanted to fight all along...I don't blame the little guy for getting upset constantly
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Haven't you noticed that all Eevee evolutions in the show end up shafted for some reason? I mean we saw Zoey get a Leafon but barely saw it after that in anything esle.
    I have noticed that. xD It's pretty annoying if I'm going to be completely honest.

I don't know if that was fustrating even more than her staying on when she and Brock both were boring at the time. Please remember that this was Johto.
    Maybe I should have been more specific. I wasn't entirely frustrated that she was leaving, I mean she was a good character that I knew I'd miss, but I was frustrated that she was just doing what her sister's told her too without a word of argument. I know she must have felt that it was her duty to deal with the gym, but shouldn't her sister's have that same feeling. I guess it was more her sisters I was annoyed at than Misty herself.

Ash was in something called release mode back in Kanto, he would always think about his pokemon's feelings and happinesss over his own. This is why he doesn't do releases anymore.
    That's true. He was constantly releasing Pokemon back then wasn't he? xD That carried over to Johto too. He was releasing a lot of his Kanto Pokemon. I was so glad when he just sent his Bulbasaur to Professor Oak. xD

This. But I'm not sure if he is a pokemon professor quite yet. But I get where you're going with this.
    Yeah. Gary just seemed like he'd be a great trainer, and I was excited to see him go on. Like I said it made sense for him to become a professor because of Professor Oak, but I hated it. I know he's not an official professor yet, but he is conducting research. I guess that makes him more of a Pokemon Researcher than a Pokemon Professor.

1. When Axew wasted a episode that could have been devoted to League battles

2. Gary constantly having a hard time against Team Galactic when he was really just being downgraded by the writers.

3. Ash's battle against Elesa - If it was the games, he could have swept her entire team with Palpitoad

4. Palpitoad not evolving, or showing any development for that matter

5. N not showing off any of his Pokemon, even though I understand he isn't really a Pokemon Trainer.

6. Sakura not appearing at all in the fight against Madara & Obi-Whoops, wrong show!

7. None of the characters in Unova knowing of Ash's success in every other region :|

8. Ash being cheated out of the Unova League

9. Ambipom being released for Ping Pong, of all things.

10. Zekrom not making one appearance since his debut (May change)

11. The show announcing that Ash is still 10 .______.

12. Iris calling Ash a kid for pretty much everything but when she hears of Ash's awards and stuff by Dawn and Prof. Oak, she doesn't even say "Okay, maybe you aren't a kid". I bet once she meets Charizard, and sees Ash get Flamepalm'd, she'll still call him a kid.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast