Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Default Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

In this thread, you can discuss what music and sounds do not feel fit for the occasion or time, one example I can give being the BW Rival music, wehich did not fit for either Bianca or Cheren.

Well, I think Bianca and Cheren's them fitted perfectly. There is a 'childish' feeling that fits with their battles, since they are childhood friends of the protagonist.

On other hand, I think Barry's theme didn't fit at all. It is just too 'derpy'
    I love Alder's battle theme, but I don't think it fits with a champion... It fits perfectly with Benga, though. >_>

But you wanna really know what track does not fit in any occasion? The bike riding themes. Grrr, how I hate when the awesome music of a certain route/city/town changes to the crappy bike theme .__.

I actually think the BW Rival theme fits Bianca, but not Cheren.

That's pretty much the only theme I don't like - GF should have given Cheren his own theme that suits him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

But you wanna really know what track does not fit in any occasion? The bike riding themes. Grrr, how I hate when the awesome music of a certain route/city/town changes to the crappy bike theme .__.
    The one in G/S/C/HG/SS is obviously the remix of Goldenrod's theme. Which means they are basically the "same" music.

So using a bike in Goldenrod still lets you hear the awesome music.....

Just want to mention that

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I actually think the BW Rival theme fits Bianca, but not Cheren.

That's pretty much the only theme I don't like - GF should have given Cheren his own theme that suits him more.

I support this, though the reason I'm saying it doesn't fit Bianca is because of the fact that the happy go lucky theme does not fit with the troubled life of the ditzy Bianca.

The one in G/S/C/HG/SS is obviously the remix of Goldenrod's theme. Which means they are basically the "same" music.

The bike music was horrible, in all of them :P I wish they could've made remixes particular to what area you're in. The bike music is probably the reason I've yet to use the Bike in BW

On other hand, I think Barry's theme didn't fit at all. It is just too 'derpy'
    Considering that he's totally derpy, I'd say it fits him. :P

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Uxie, Azelf and Mespirit's battle theme.

They need something more epic than that high pitched kiddy tune.

in all honesty I turn the sound off. For some reason it does not appeal to me. As the consoles and games change I would like to see more FF style music come into play

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

I personally think that Barry's theme matches him perfectly. It's so bright and cheerful and childish =D

I don't mind the Bike themes, to be honest, but then again, I like most soundtracks in Pokémon.

I like them all, of course nothing can beat the original ones. dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

It doesn't help that Goldenrod's theme is one of my least favorite on these games. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Considering that he's totally derpy, I'd say it fits him. :P
    lol, you are right. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I like them all, of course nothing can beat the original ones. dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
    Oh noes, now we have genwunners about the music in the games too.

The surfing music in DPPt had a different feel to it than the other surfing themes, IMO. Coupled with the ridiculously slow speed of surfing before Platinum, the theme wasn't really my cup of tea.

Actually, now that I think about it, many of Sinnoh's towns and cities really didn't have fitting themes. Twinleaf, Jubilife, etc.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

This is a minor nitpick, but the Ferris Wheel theme playing while you're on it with N in Black2/White2. I was honestly expecting the new-and-improved version of N's theme, since his original theme played when you were on the Ferris Wheel with him in the first game. Eh. Minor nitpick, like I said.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Actually, now that I think about it, many of Sinnoh's towns and cities really didn't have fitting themes. Twinleaf, Jubilife, etc.
    I think most of them fitted perfectly. I love the cities and towns themes from Sinnoh. x) On other hand... There are some pretty bad ones from Unova, like Nimbasa and Driftveil...
    But with themes like the ones from Castelia, Aspertia and Humilau, I can't say the games had a bad soundtrack.

The only tracks I really dislike are Alder's battle theme and the bike themes. I quite like a particular remix of the BW bike theme, though; I think it's just the intro of the official track that frustrates me. I'm not overly fond of Nimbasa City's, either.

I think most of them fitted perfectly. I love the cities and towns themes from Sinnoh. x) On other hand... There are some pretty bad ones from Unova, like Nimbasa and Driftveil...
    But with themes like the ones from Castelia, Aspertia and Humilau, I can't say the games had a bad soundtrack.
    I guess I should mention that Sinnoh's soundtrack is my least favorite overall. A lot of the themes were a little too slow-paced for my taste. But I will say that Cynthia's battle theme perfectly fit my idea of what a champion theme should sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I'm not overly fond of Nimbasa City's, either.
    I'm not a huge fan either, but I think it does fit the city itself.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Oh, another theme that comes to mind is Drayden's gym in BW2.
    It's WAY too overly dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Oh, another theme that comes to mind is Drayden's gym in BW2.
    It's WAY too overly dramatic.
    I think it's just a testament to Drayden's awesomeness. The man does 10,000 of each push-ups, sit-ups, and squats regularly, AND he wrestles with his dragons.

Not only that, but the theme suits the "majesty" of the Dragon-type.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Ah yes, I really don't like Nimbasa or Driftveil's themes, though Nimbasa's theme does fit the city itself IMO. B2W2 had the best sound track in Pokemon to me, too.

Rival theme in BW2, it literally sounds weird. Team Plasma too. Sounds like some weird fart noises like ye just want to beat them up quick to just avoid the music, nya~

I REALLY don't like Alder's battle music. It just didn't sound like champion music. Music in a game is very important to me. I like the music to convince me that it is going to be a difficult battle. Or make it feel awesome battling. Cynthia's battle music did both of these. Alder's music did neither. Actually, listening to it right now, I can hardly take any battle seriously that has music like this....

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Rival theme in BW2, it literally sounds weird. Team Plasma too. Sounds like some weird fart noises like ye just want to beat them up quick to just avoid the music, nya~
    True but it's the enemy team and your rival, your supposed to hate them. (At least you used to, I miss Blue, Silver and Team Rocket...)

I don't think Marlon's gym theme doesn't seem to fit as well as it could. I mean it does kind of suit his character along with the water type in general but still it doesn't sound like a final gym. I mean after Drayden's epic finalistic gym theme, there's... Elevator Music?

Another complaint I have is about the HG/SS Goldenrod theme, but that may just be because I wanted a proper remix of the original...

Iris's Champion battle music doesn't seem to fit the occasion either, it doesn't scream "Champion Battle Theme" to me, instead it screams "Super Pokemon Galaxy" (Which I would buy if they made).
    Gear up for battle at Dark Arms!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2lkafs5.png[/IMG]
    My Friend Codes:
    Gen V:Black: 2752 6269 6691 Name: Mephles (Male) / White 2: 1421 4762 6648 Name: Meredy (Female)
    Gen VI: DS Code: 3780 9934 3912 Name: Mii / X: Name: Serana (Female) I use the image of Korrina so I should be easy to find!
    Friend Safari: Normal (Teddiursa, Mincinno and Ditto)

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I love both of those themes, they're so unique and awesome. Your Rival and Team Rocket in HGSS, on the other hand... actually pretty much every soundtrack in HGSS didn't really fit in, except for Goldenrod City and National Park.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I REALLY don't like Alder's battle music. It just didn't sound like champion music. Music in a game is very important to me. I like the music to convince me that it is going to be a difficult battle. Or make it feel awesome battling. Cynthia's battle music did both of these. Alder's music did neither. Actually, listening to it right now, I can hardly take any battle seriously that has music like this....
    Alder's theme doesn't sound very Champion-ish to me, either. Iris' theme doesn't either, really, but it does suit her character perfectly.Not to mention Rainbow Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post

Alder's theme doesn't sound very Champion-ish to me, either. Iris' theme doesn't either, really, but it does suit her character perfectly.Not to mention Rainbow Road.
    The only reason Iris's theme sort of works for me is becasue of her personality and because she's a kid. It would work better if it was a bit higher tempo and less "whimsical cuteness" (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Oddly, I don't like the music in either Castelia City or Nimbasa City. Or Black version's Opelucid, or Black City.

...I dunno.

The entire Hoenn OST seems like sort of an anomaly compared to the rest in terms of composition, too, but I don't dislike most of it.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I don't like Black City's theme, so I guess I don't think it fits that well.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast