Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: PETA parody of BW2

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Or they could have just got info of the internet.....
    Yeah, the information is all there, but where are they to begin? If you were going to make a message attack on Pokemon, you can scratch the surface and use that research to make a simple, yet narrow attack, like many religious people/groups have done. However, this attack was deep, it took a lot of information that you would have to know what to search for in order to make it deep in and of itself.

For that matter, why be the poor slobs that do all the research by themselves when you can get people that have the "roadmap" to all of the Pokemon information they need? The pay can be as high as the demand since they have a lot of money. What else do they use money for, actually helping poor defensive animals? That's rich.

No, in PETA's mind, making "sensible" and "not-at-all provocative public service announcements" to alarm many people, is better than doing any work by themselves. Oh, but they do work. Yeah, walking naked on streets is work for them.

My sentiment is not that "OMG PETA is bashing Pokemon", but more in the way they are using this as a political machine to poison the minds of innocent children.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I played it and it was stupid. Either way, why are they just now petitioning pokemon when it's been out for 17 years? And we don't make them fight, and if Peta knew anything they would know that the pokemon actually enjoy the competition. A friend and I were compiling reasons Peta weren't justified for petitioning and here's what we came up with.

It's about making friends and having fun.
    They said that Ash kept Pikachu in a pokeball... I mean really if they're going to petition it they could at least get their facts straight, come on.

And Team Plasma? They wanted to destroy the universe, if memory serves.
    Monday at 11:34am ˇ Like

Me: How far do you think they'll get with it?

Me: Yeah really the only one that wanted to free the Pokemon was N.

Not very far, considering how many people who play pokemon.

Me: ^^ True.
    Monday at 11:35am ˇ Like

Me: And either way most of the people that play it are the veterens and are adults so it doesn't matter what the PARENT organization wants.
    Monday at 11:37am ˇ Like

Basically. I mean, it's fine having an opinion, but base it off of SOME facts.... JEEZE PETA, GET IT TOGETHER
    Monday at 11:38am ˇ Like

Me: Exactly haha.
    Monday at 11:39am ˇ Like

I'd understand in like 2003-2005...but 2012? There's already been 20 Main games released!
    Not including the Spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon and Trozei.
    Monday at 11:43am ˇ Like

And that's just in the US.
    Monday at 11:44am ˇ Like

Me: Dude they're coming out with a 3D Mystery Dungeon
    Monday at 11:46am ˇ Like

Counted all of them.
    47 games from 1996.
    FORTY-SEVEN.
    Monday at 11:46am ˇ Like

PETA, YOU'RE LATE
    Monday at 11:47am ˇ Like

Me: Plus 17 seasons, over a thousand episodes and it's the second biggest franchise in the world.
    Monday at 11:47am ˇ Like ˇ 1

I watched like 1 EP in D/P and saw that Dawn asked about Piplup battling.
    and they said Ash didn't care, Spearow episode, first season.
    They're even AGAINST abuse. For example, Paul D/P.
    COME ON PETA, YOU'RE FIGHTING PEOPLE FOR THE SAME CAUSE.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I think PETA has become a parody themselves. Nobody can really take them seriously any more. I love how they didn't do their research either. Team Plasma may want free Pokemon, but not for liberation. They want it to be easier to eliminate humans when they don't have Pokemon to defend them.
    Probably because they want to liberate our pets from us so we'll have no animals to defend us when they break into our houses and kill our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    It's too obvious, PeTA is Team Plasma in real life

The real Team Plasma making a parody of the game on where they appear, they seriously have nothing else to make up. First they make "Mario Kills Tanooki" and now this, what's next, are they going to complain about Animal Crossing? You got to be kidding me, instead of wasting money making flash games, they should use it to actually save animals.
    I'm waiting for them to say that playing Angry Birds promotes cruelty to birds and pigs. I would not put it past these nutjobs.

All I can say about it is this:

Dear PeTA,

How many animals died, waiting for a rescue that never came, because you nitwits were too busy farting out this ridiculous "parody" game? I'd tell you to be ashamed of yourselves but since this is getting you guys tons of attention, you won't really care. Now go dissipate like the fart in the breeze that you are! And take that stupid "game" with it's so-called message with you!

Sincerely,

Silvy

P.S. Maybe next time you guys can do something constructive with your time like volunteer at an animal shelter. But you're PeTA. You won't do anything useful with your time now, will you?

May you be waiting for me in the next Gen and forevermore.
    These are my babies. Be kind to them.

PETA would actually rather see animals die than be with humans. I knew a girl who was a PETA member, and she would always dump this "Animals shouldn't be with people, locked inside their houses! They should be free and blah blah blah!" I used to think PETA was a great organization that only cared about saving neglected animals, but instead they're just pompous idiots whose beliefs make no sense! And the shelter they run in PA has nearly a 100% kill rate, because they would rather euthanize animals than give them to loving homes.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Pokemon are virtual, not real, and PETA wastes time and resources on this? Unreal.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    And Team Plasma? They wanted to destroy the universe, if memory serves
    That's Team Galactic's goal.
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Yeah, the information is all there, but where are they to begin? If you were going to make a message attack on Pokemon, you can scratch the surface and use that research to make a simple, yet narrow attack, like many religious people/groups have done. However, this attack was deep, it took a lot of information that you would have to know what to search for in order to make it deep in and of itself.

For that matter, why be the poor slobs that do all the research by themselves when you can get people that have the "roadmap" to all of the Pokemon information they need?
    Actually, supposedly PETA contracted the group that makes the games on the Adult Swim website to make this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    P.S. Maybe next time you guys can do something constructive with your time like volunteer at an animal shelter. But you're PeTA. You won't do anything useful with your time now, will you?
    Actually, PETA euthanizes the majority of animals they "save" or have in their custody, so no, that to them is not "constructive."

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Tails View Post
    Pokemon are virtual, not real, and PETA wastes time and resources on this? Unreal.
    Don't be fooled; this isn't some stand against a video game. It's just a publicity stunt to get attention. And it's working. When we stop giving them the time of day, they'll stop making these games.

~Psychic

I stopped playing after 5 minutes, it's was stupid for PETA trying protecting cartoons instead of protecting real life Polar Bears IMO.

After playing this game i wanted to throw a wolfpack at Ingrid Newkirk.

At first I saw like "hahahaha" then after that first treasure chest thing I was like, "what a waste of time"

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    Actually, supposedly PETA contracted the group that makes the games on the Adult Swim website to make this game.
    It sounds like they are killing two birds with one stone. You get people who are good entertainers of shock value that know how to make games, and you have people that are more likely to be resourceful for this type of information about the series.

"Contracted"? Did that involve money, or was it just an entertained thought?

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    It sounds like they are killing two birds with one stone. You get people who are good entertainers of shock value that know how to make games, and you have people that are more likely to be resourceful for this type of information about the series.

"Contracted"? Did that involve money, or was it just an entertained thought?
    Yes, PETA paid these game-makers to make this game the same way Adult Swim pays these game-makers to make games for their website. This is perfectly legal, and I was only making an observation, not criticism. If you have the money to hire someone to do things you alone cannot do, you hire them. This isn't some horrible thing that we can really fault them for, especially not when there are so many actual criticisms we can make.

~Psychic

Okay, PETA, that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    Yes, PETA paid these game-makers to make this game the same way Adult Swim pays these game-makers to make games for their website. This is perfectly legal, and I was only making an observation, not criticism. If you have the money to hire someone to do things you alone cannot do, you hire them. This isn't some horrible thing that we can really fault them for, especially not when there are so many actual criticisms we can make.

~Psychic
    My only beef with that would be that they could have paid, say, an animal pharmacy, or a no kill animal shelter for the actual benefits to animals. Now maybe this wasn't an expensive thing to make, but with advertisements, especially provoking ones, you have to know how to pick your battles. To PETA's credit, they made a very provocative advertisement that fooled some of the people, but for Pete's sake, I don't think it is fair to anybody to make a wrongful attack as a publicity stunt to bolster ego.

As I said, they are really the Ghetsis of animal rights. They attempt to use powerful words to swing people to their favor, and they use children (the N of their plans) as bait for these attack campaigns.

I'm mostly over this anyway. PETA is dumb. They have been dumb, they will do something dumb later on.

Hoenn has disappointed.

First Mario, now Pokemon....I'll bet they'll make a game about Link slaughtering "innocent", whimpering wolfos.

Eh, whatever. PETA is just dumb. It's probably just best for me to ignore them. I'm not even going to try the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Okay, PETA, that's enough.
    Sadly, there is no ancient dragon we can awaken and use to teach them that they're wrong, so it's probably just best just to leave them alone until they try to sue someone.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 15th October 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Eh, whatever. PETA is just dumb. It's probably just best for me to ignore them. I'm not even going to try the game.Sadly, there is no ancient dragon we can awaken and use to teach them that they're wrong, so it's probably just best just to leave them alone until they try to sue someone.
    I don't necessarily think they're wrong, it's just their methods that are questionable. They're a joke, which is sad because they're the most well-known animal rights group, but they're best known for having celebrities pose naked to protest circuses. It's sad that people (specifically celebrities) go to them when they want to stick up for animals because there's not really another place for them to go.

They should be teaching people (specifically kids) that Pokemon is fantasy and that the animal fighting that takes place in the games isn't acceptable in the real-world. Instead of doing that, they make a game that's crude and laughable.

They do so much more harm than good.

I used to have some respect for PETA because they had a good cause...
    But now I realize how weak their whole operation is.

Wow they misinterpreted so many things! Hopefully everyone will look at this as a joke. How could they complain about this, and not thoseshitty COD games?!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Wow they misinterpreted so many things! Hopefully everyone will look at this as a joke. How could they complain about this, and not thoseshitty COD games?!
    Because COD has absolutely nothing to do with animals?
    No sig. Deal with it.

Three words. Are. Morons. They. Put them in the right order.

If Peta bothered to do any research whatsoever, they'd know that pokemon (as far as we know from anime cannon) are just as intelligent as humans. They also have super powers. They should be able to connect the dots. If they didn't want to fight, trainers wouldn't have the option. Pokemon battles to them are like boxing. And Pokeballs- Come on. If you were a Snorlax, would you object to the free ride?
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

So Nintendo responded to the parody game: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...a-pokemon-game

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    “Nintendo and the Pokémon Company take the inappropriate use of our products and intellectual property seriously.”
    So....sue time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim62 View Post
    That's Team Galactic's goal.
    Right, that was my friend who said that, I just never bothered to correct him.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

PETA is being so sad by hating Pokemon now? SHM T_T

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I played that game. It's so stupid it's hallerious (a friend on aol instent messager showed me it. she also told me 'not to open the first present' and i listened to her about that).

Its the work of a true meme. XD Peta, pat yourself on the back for that and, just....*sigh* grow up already. seriously, your not helping animals by being fundamentalists like this......and forcing HIGH AMOUNTS OF VIOLENCE down the throats of grade school children or anyone else for that matter >_>
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast