Thread: Natural disaster [B2 IGRMT]

Default Natural disaster [B2 IGRMT]

Really, it's a burnin moth. and now it's even a dancing one.

and no, I am not late ;p in europe it's still a few days to the release...

So, enjoy:

Volcarona

flame body
    - bug buzz
    - flamethrower --> fiery dance when I'll get it
    - giga drain
    - hurricane/roostQuiver dance

will replace mys starter as soon as I get it (which is quite early iirc);
    imho serperior and the pig kinda suck... and I don#t wanna use samurott again.

to the moves. general STABs. giga drain keeps it live and helps against waters.
    hurricane is cool and powerful, but maybe too unreliable? roost would help it survive the nuclear winter.
    Quiver dance cause everybody says so

Druddigon

rough skin
    - Outrage
    - Superpower
    - Sucker punch
    - surf, lol

yeah, I hope it will survive long enough to show its (hopefully) extreme power.
    and if not, sucker punch is a great priority move. (+perfect coverage with Superpower).

surf will obviously NEVER ever be used in a fight, caus eit has minimal satk. but I think I'll need a surfer.

Beartic

Snow cloak
    - Icicle crash
    - brick break
    - stone edge
    - go go aqua jet!

finally kinda cool with strong STAB, some coverage moves and priority!

Gigalith

Sturdy
    - Stone Edge
    - EQ
    - superpower again...
    - ??

yeah. I'm not sure about this one. these are all his usable moves... hm.
    maybe I'll replace it with a lucario. suggestions for his last moveslot?

Klinklang

clear body
    - gear grind
    - wild charge
    - return/frustration ;D
    - shift gear / volt switch

I guess after a shift gear it's quite powerful. and frustration>return if it always dies xD

Kyurom
    • 252 atk/252 spe
    Teravolt
    - Outrage
    - ice beam --> freeze shock
    - fusion bolt
    - fly.

yep, fly. and it's not even that bad, cause my team is quite fighting weak, so that should help a bit.
    (EV'd) Freeze shock does more damage than ice beam does in two turns.

Thanks for your kind attention. ha.
    Last edited by Sceptilo; 10th October 2012 at 4:35 PM.
    Did you know that...
    ... Arceus is only 4 times as strong as sunkern, seen from stats?
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... more than 3/4 of the DW pokemon found are male?!
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?
    ... that Pelipper can't shoot in its DW minigame?? awww :<

Whare the hell have you been?

Btw Dark + Fighting isn't unresisted.

Brick Break > SuperPOWAH on Beartic for consistency. Shadow Claw is an option instead of Stone Edge too.

Gigalith gets Curse , but you need breeding. Perhaps Explosion would fit in.

Let's see , Mandibuzz is an option , you get it before the 4th Gym.

hey
    well ...school... lol.

f*** you toxicroak
    btw who else? nobody important iirc?

yeah, I'm not sure if 3 times superpower in a team is that great for surviving. so Brick break on beartic. ( and why didn't it get sth cool like drain punch which is a thousand times better?!)
    ph, and I also thought of nightslash/shadow claw but they seem to be so weak. and as you said, dark/figthing is not totally unresisted (btw is ghost/fighting??)

breeding is not the greatest problem, I am willing to breed one or two members if necessary. but its movepool is so crappy. curse is... meh at best. and I always didn't like the idea of my pokemon exploding in front of me xD

yep, could be quite cool. I heard that weak armor can be quite funny ingame. or tropius? (forget razor banana)
    Did you know that...
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?

f*** you toxicroak btw who else? nobody important iirc?
    Heracross. Other than those two I think that's it. There's also the theoretical Flying/Fighting type for future reference.

ghost/fighting??
    Yep. Totally unresisted. The only thing that can is the also theoretical Normal/Ghost type which is immune to both.

Why Kyurem didn't get Ice Punch is beyond me. Anyway use Ice Beam on B-Kyurem, because charge attacks are blarg. Just remember you can't get Kyurem till post-game. As for a flyer, how about fellow Dragon Flygon? Then again you are 4/6 weak to fighting, so an actual Flying type like Crobat would do you good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

For Volcarona
    Use Quiver Dance instead of Hurricane since Quiver Dance help Volcarona to sweep your opponent Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Heracross. Other than those two I think that's it. There's also the theoretical Flying/Fighting type for future reference.
    yep, a fighting bird is totally needed. btw why isn't staraptor fighting/flying o.O

Why Kyurem didn't get Ice Punch is beyond me. Anyway use Ice Beam on B-Kyurem, because charge attacks are blarg. Just remember you can't get Kyurem till post-game. As for a flyer, how about fellow Dragon Flygon? Then again you are 4/6 weak to fighting, so an actual Flying type like Crobat would do you good too.
    actually, freeze shock does more damage than ice beam does in two turns, lol, provided I'll Ev train it, which I will likely do. but till then I'll stick with ice beam.

and I'll look through the available-pokemon-list again later, but I think I'll go with mandibuzz.... but thanks for the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by chap196 View Post
    For Volcarona
    Use Quiver Dance instead of Hurricane since Quiver Dance help Volcarona to sweep your opponent Pokemon.
    and no roost? I am not a big fan of statboosters ingame (yeah, I know, klinklang is a bad example lol), and usually only use them if a poke doesn't have any other good options. But I'll think about it, thanks.
    Did you know that...

actually, freeze shock does more damage than ice beam does in two turns, lol, provided I'll Ev train it, which I will likely do. but till then I'll stick with ice beam.
    Just did some calcs, and you're right, providing Kyurem is EV trained of course. Without EVs in either stat, Ice beam does slightly more, but after 12 Attack EVs or so, Freeze Shock is more powerful.

and no roost? I am not a big fan of statboosters ingame (yeah, I know, klinklang is a bad example lol), and usually only use them if a poke doesn't have any other good options. But I'll think about it, thanks.
    Quiver Dance is probably the best statboosting move in the game, sitting alongside stuff like Dragon Dance and Shell Smash. I've seen exactly 4 Volcarona without it in the past 2 years. I can understand if you don't want to use hone Claws or something, but Quiver Dance is just awesomesauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

yep, Freeze Shock and Sky Attack are the only two out of all two turns moves that are actually GOOD. And even then, Freeze Shock is only on B-Kyu, and Sky Attack is good maybe only on Unfezant, who didn't get access to Brave Bird.

for Gigalith's last move.....Return, I guess. Explosion is kinda useless in-game, not to mention now it is reduced by the foe's full Defense instead of half of it.

Want to see my shinies? Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Just did some calcs, and you're right, providing Kyurem is EV trained of course. Without EVs in either stat, Ice beam does slightly more, but after 12 Attack EVs or so, Freeze Shock is more powerful.
    Yeah, I probably should have made a note that I'll EV train it. I'll add it now.

Quiver Dance is probably the best statboosting move in the game, sitting alongside stuff like Dragon Dance and Shell Smash. I've seen exactly 4 Volcarona without it in the past 2 years. I can understand if you don't want to use hone Claws or something, but Quiver Dance is just awesomesauce.
    I guess if you all say so,m it has to be awsome jk, I know that it's great, even my venomoth OHKOes anything after two boosts.
    so yeah, then it is Quiver dance > roost or hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    yep, Freeze Shock and Sky Attack are the only two out of all two turns moves that is actually GOOD. And even then, Freeze Shock is only on B-Kyu, and Sky Attack is good maybe only on Unfezant, who didn't get access to Brave Bird.
    lol, yeah and giratina's shadow force is cool for PP stalling. unfezant is too ugly to use

for Gigalith's last move.....Return, I guess. Explosion is kinda useless in-game, not to mention now it is reduced by the foe's full Defense instead of half of it.
    kinda forgot about return... yeees, and I guess nobody can ever think of a situation where I'd use return> EQ or SE, lol.
    maybe I'll really just use lucario in there...

EDIT: I just noticed that volcarona can learn fly too 8D
    adn as it learns the good moves at really late levels (bug buzz 70, quiver dance 59; I guess it doesn't have these moves automatically when caught), it'll be my flier till kyurom.
    Last edited by Sceptilo; 10th October 2012 at 4:35 PM.
    Did you know that...