Thread: Unova Storyline Confusion

Default Unova Storyline Confusion

Ok, so when we first started in Unova, there was only all new Pokémon. Than postgame, we see things starting to change which, going by what a ranger at Route 15 says, some pokémon from other lands esacped and so they could have built new habitats in this region now.

Now in the games' continuation in Black/White 2, old gen pokémon are all over the place. I'd been thinking the same thing applied, but then I just went through the communication between Juniper and Bianca after beating Cheren. Bianca said that there are pokémon here that they couldn't prove were there two years ago. So kinda confused, why wouldn't they know if there was already towns and stuff here? Are the towns new? I thought that might be the case after talking to an npc in his house who was talking about people settling there (though he could just mean in the past), but then Pokéstar Studios. Brycen was a movie star, so surely he'd been there before. And Alder lives in Floccesy, so again, it proves it's been there.

Just a light discussion topic is all. Just seemed kinda confusing to me. Please no one be rude or anything.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I think it might just mean the Pokemon haven't been there before.

If some of the towns have already been mentioned it stands to reason that they would have been there for a while.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

The towns aren't new. Hilbert/Hilda simply weren't meant to visit them on their adventure, sure there was no need to put them on the BW1 map.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The towns aren't new. Hilbert/Hilda simply weren't meant to visit them on their adventure, sure there was no need to put them on the BW1 map.
    If they're not new, they why wouldn't they know pokémon were there?

Maybe it's because of the PokéTransfer escape incident that happened two years ago that so many wild Pokémon from other regions made their habitats in BW2 Unova's routes.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    They were talking about the Pokemon that broke out of the Transfer Lab, no?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Maybe it's because of the PokéTransfer escape incident that happened two years ago that so many wild Pokémon from other regions made their habitats in BW2 Unova's routes.
    I guess that could be it. It's silly, but I wish they explained this big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    They were talking about the Pokemon that broke out of the Transfer Lab, no?
    No. In Black/White 2, in a discussion via xtransceiver with Bianca, Juniper, Cheren, and yourself after beating the first gym, Bianca says something about no way to prove these pokémon were over here. But that seems kinda weird since there are all these towns and stuff that, to me at least, seem like they've been there yet we just couldn't go to in the first games. Example, Alder lives in Floccesy. Another example, Pokéstar Studios is on the new side of Unova, Brycen was an old movie star, so I imagine he's been there before and it's not just a sudden thing. But maybe it is, I can't find any info on if these areas are new to Unova or just to the games. They did mention when things were new to Unova such as the finishing of building between Nimbasa and Castelia.

Because they did not go in there?

The towns and cities are not new, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Because they did not go in there?

The towns and cities are not new, that is for sure.
    But even if Juniper and Bianca never went there before, it just seems weird that they wouldn't have heard about it and what was over there.

No. In Black/White 2, in a discussion via xtransceiver with Bianca, Juniper, Cheren, and yourself after beating the first gym, Bianca says something about no way to prove these pokémon were over here. But that seems kinda weird since there are all these towns and stuff that, to me at least, seem like they've been there yet we just couldn't go to in the first games. Example, Alder lives in Floccesy. Another example, Pokéstar Studios is on the new side of Unova, Brycen was an old movie star, so I imagine he's been there before and it's not just a sudden thing. But maybe it is, I can't find any info on if these areas are new to Unova or just to the games. They did mention when things were new to Unova such as the finishing of building between Nimbasa and Castelia.
    Look; 2 years ago, you, Cheren and Bianca go on a Pokedex quest to try and see what Pokemon live within the region. Pretty much all of the Pokemon in the region are Gen 5 only. (Juniper probably wouldn't know what is and isn't out there since Professors don't often do extensive work in the actual field; they just study data and observe local Pokemon.) After N is defeated, the Transfer Lab has its accident and foreign Pokemon begin spreading throughout the region. Cut to two years later, where they say that they can't prove whether or not those Pokemon existed near Aspertia/Floccesy/Virbank because You/Cheren/Bianca never explored those areas, so they wouldn't know if the Pokemon that live there are also from the Lab accident or if they truly are native to the areas. But the areas are not new, for the reasons that you identified.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

You simply didn't go to places where old pokemon were in BW. And when you did, you had the nationaldex already.

The old pokemon are all either:
    -same as before mostly in east Unova which was inaccessible before credits in BW1
    -at fitting new locations that you didn't visit in BW1 at all (Mareep on ranch...)
    -suddenly in old places as the rare poke (like Trapinch in desert, Aron in Mistaltron cave...)

Even if Cheren and Bianca didn't go to the new areas themselves two years ago, couldn't they just ask the people living there what Pokemon they've seen over the years? Or were the towns and cities only established recently?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

But even if Juniper and Bianca never went there before, it just seems weird that they wouldn't have heard about it and what was over there.
    It may be weird, but the cities were there. Why I am saying this?
    Because Hugh affirms that his sister's Purrloin was stole in Aspertia City five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    It may be weird, but the cities were there. Why I am saying this?
    Because Hugh affirms that his sister's Purrloin was stole in Aspertia City five years ago.
    Thank you. I was looking for actual facts to help figure this out.

It just seems like something silly to say that they couldn't prove they were there. Although I guess shd just meant herself and Juniper? Which I guess is their attempt for reasoning why they want you to use the pokédex? That mkes sense! ^^
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 9th October 2012 at 7:16 PM.