Thread: Horror movies

Exclamation Horror movies

Have you ever rented or seen a random horror movie just for the heck of it? And then at the end find out it was actually a good scary movie? Or realised "what kind of sick twisted s*** did i just pay for"? Well this happened to me with a movie called "The Mooring". Its where a bunch of girls addicted to technology go to a "Rehab Camp" To get over their technology addiction. Only to be stalked and killed one by one. And oh yeah did I mention all the girls are 13-18 and the movies based on true events....

IF YOU POST HERE DO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS
    Last edited by jakeypride; 15th April 2013 at 6:18 AM.
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

Haha I've seen that one. It was great.

I watch horror movies all the time, they're my favorite. My favorite horror movie is the 2007 Halloween.

As a side note, The Final Destination movies have the best deaths ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post
    Well this happened to me with a movie called "The Mooring". Its where a bunch of girls addicted to technology go to a "Rehab Camp" To get over their technology addiction. Only to be stalked and killed one by one. And oh yeah did I mention all the girls are 13-18 and the movies based on true events...
    You sure you didn't spoil anything there? I'm guessing the whole cast dies... Also, don't take the "based on true events" disclaimer too seriously.

Not really a horror movie-goer since they all apparently have to have gore to count as horror these days, but I'm slowly getting into the horror genre when it comes to anime and games. I've seen my fair share of horror movies (most of them B-movies, though), and I think my favorite one has to be the Phantom of the Opera silent film, though I liked The Body Snatcher as well. The Sixth Sense counts as well, I have fond memories of that movie.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

If people wish to see a truky amazing horror film that does not have a huge amount of gore there was a movie that came out this year called "The Bay" which uses scening and tone for their horror. Though be warned sometimes they will flash to a dead body with well done practical effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You sure you didn't spoil anything there? I'm guessing the whole cast dies... Also, don't take the "based on true events" disclaimer too seriously.

Not really a horror movie-goer since they all apparently have to have gore to count as horror these days, but I'm slowly getting into the horror genre when it comes to anime and games. I've seen my fair share of horror movies (most of them B-movies, though), and I think my favorite one has to be the Phantom of the Opera silent film, though I liked The Body Snatcher as well. The Sixth Sense counts as well, I have fond memories of that movie.
    The majority of the movie has to be real because SPOILERone of the girls lived to tell the story
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post
    The majority of the movie has to be real because SPOILERone of the girls lived to tell the story
    That doesn't mean it was based off an actual event :/, and even then a lot was changed. Quite a number of movies, especially horror movies, like to put "based on a true story" on their tagline because they know they can get away with being over-the-top and that people are dumb enough to believe in the story without doing a little research. Some of the inspirational movies like "The Blind Side" and "Radio" have a little truth to them, but when it comes to movies like "The Haunting in Connecticut" and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (both original and remake), you really have to take it with a grain of salt because of how over-the-top it can get. It's the same with movies based on historical events, you're not going to get the "full" story.

And honestly, something like that would've been brought up to the public a little if it happened. If it did, it was exaggerated so it could make the movie that much more interesting.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 16th April 2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon is a brilliant movie, 'specially if you love horror movies.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

The thing (1982) is one of my favorite horror movies.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The thing (1982) is one of my favorite horror movies.
    The remake scared the crap out of me.
    POKEMON X