Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Rick's breakdown was funny. It was not convincing at all. He looked pretty ridiculous.

I can't say it hurt my feelings that Lori died. She was completely useless. The only thing she was good for was to make the show less like a zombie apocalypse and more like an afternoon soap opera. My biggest issue with this episode was the whole birth part. I know births on TV/movies aren't very realistic but this was one of the worst. Also, realistically, Lori's death via sacrificing herself was stupid and pointless. How the hell is this baby supposed to survive without her? It's not like any of the other women are lactating and they can barely find food for themselves so where are they going to find formula? The only way I can see it surviving is if they just happen to come across the Governor's colony. I'm assuming that's where they're going with this. Otherwise, the baby has no chance of survival. Either way, I feel like Lori didn't think her decision through at all.

At least T-Dog went out a hero. It's the first useful thing he's done for the group since droppig the key in S1. Also, I think it's official that Andrea is the dumbest, most gullible character on the show. I wish Michonne would leave her already but she's probably staying because she knows the Governor will pull something if she leaves.

Aw man why couldn't I find this thread the other day when I had so much to say about Ep. 3? :P (that was the 3rd episode right? not 4th? lol)

I'm SO glad she's finally gone, except now there's going to be insane drama in the group because Rick is gonna go ballistic and put the group at total risk, and whose gonna step up to lead now? I guess Daryl.

And I read that the baby is gonna be of huge importance in the next episode.. but I don't see why? It was a stupid decision for her to keep it anyway it's gonna slow them down, probably die because it has no one to drink from (except maybe Maggie but how would she produce the milk?) and scream and attract walkers.

STUPID LORI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Rick's breakdown was funny. It was not convincing at all. He looked pretty ridiculous.

I can't say it hurt my feelings that Lori died. She was completely useless. The only thing she was good for was to make the show less like a zombie apocalypse and more like an afternoon soap opera. My biggest issue with this episode was the whole birth part. I know births on TV/movies aren't very realistic but this was one of the worst. Also, realistically, Lori's death via sacrificing herself was stupid and pointless. How the hell is this baby supposed to survive without her? It's not like any of the other women are lactating and they can barely find food for themselves so where are they going to find formula? The only way I can see it surviving is if they just happen to come across the Governor's colony. I'm assuming that's where they're going with this. Otherwise, the baby has no chance of survival. Either way, I feel like Lori didn't think her decision through at all.

At least T-Dog went out a hero. It's the first useful thing he's done for the group since droppig the key in S1. Also, I think it's official that Andrea is the dumbest, most gullible character on the show. I wish Michonne would leave her already but she's probably staying because she knows the Governor will pull something if she leaves.
    You make a good point about the baby. Back in the day, if a woman died from childbirth, the baby was most likely to follow shortly afterwards. Some would even kill it rather than watch it starve. (especially in winter because then they really have no food)

Andrea used to be my fav, only because I thought she was tougher. Now my fav male is Daryl and fav femal is Michonne!! (I mean a friggen sword. Heck yah) Those two are BAMF's!!

About T-dog. I applaud the fact that he was the very first person (that I recall) that knew they were f-ed, so instead of saying "Help me Help me!" He told Carlol to get out of there, true hero....kinda lol.
    Last edited by RainaXainne; 7th November 2012 at 12:30 AM.

Next thing I know, someone in this thread is going to suggest using the baby as walker bait.

Well all you have to do is pinch it, make it cry, and the walkers will come running! (shuffling?)

LOL Rick would kill everybody if they did that.

lol Probably!!

Quote Originally Posted by RainaXainne View Post
    You make a good point about the baby. Back in the day, if a woman died from childbirth, the baby was most likely to follow shortly afterwards. Some would even kill it rather than watch it starve. (especially in winter because then they really have no food)

Andrea used to be my fav, only because I thought she was tougher. Now my fav male is Daryl and fav femal is Michonne!! (I mean a friggen sword. Heck yah) Those two are BAMF's!!

About T-dog. I applaud the fact that he was the very first person (that I recall) that knew they were f-ed, so instead of saying "Help me Help me!" He told Carlol to get out of there, true hero....kinda lol.
    I liked Andrea more when she wasn't trying to be tough, but after Amy's death, she attempted to be a badass and fell majorly short. And I didn't think I would like Daryl when he first showed up in S1 because I just thought he'd replace Merle, but he quickly became my favorite. Michonne is pretty awesome, but I have to say I was kinda sad when she had to kill her walkers because I thought they were hilarious and a brilliant idea.

Also, a friend of mine sent me this and thought you all might find it amusing: Click for T-Dog Memorial

^ Oh man, that was may more hilarious than I originally expected it to be.

I also love Daryl. I think he's gonna step up in Rick's place, and I hope we find out who the walkers were to Michonne.
    What I don't get, though.. is that they had no appetite/desire to eat when their mouths and arms were cut off (as established by the Governor's assistant lab guy) but they were getting pretty excited when they saw the military guys (or maybe they were excited for another reason).

I'm still upset that Andrea and Michonne went their separate ways. But the latter really kicked *** in this week's episode; the way she just cut that guy's head off was great. It's obvious that she knows how to take care of herself. I'm glad that Rick seems sane again after receiving that call from Lori (I guess they have phones in heaven?), and the end of the episode with Michonne showing up at the prison has me excited for the next episode.

It's going to be so interesting when Merle and Daryl are together again. They're so different and by now their groups of people and ways of living are pretty different. In the beginning of this episode I actually thought Merle was growing on me, but then he became a jerk again and I remembered just why I dislike him. The ending with Daryl and Carol was so sweet though. I don't want them to get together or anything, but I just love their relationship and alkfndjfbdjkf

Andrea is the least likable protagonist in television history. So different from her character in the comic. When TV show Andrea dies, I fully intend to stand up and clap.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Yeah, when I first started I hated Andrea, then I realized she was pretty strong and independent so I kinda liked and admired her.. then she became a stupid **** and slept with the Governor (and I was reminded yesterday with Shane) and now I hate her again. She's a fkn idiot.

I'm glad Michonne left and I'm really glad she was able to find the prison. Fxing Merle, can't believe he took them hostage. If Michonne hadn't have found them they would be screeeeeewed!

I didn't understand the phone calls until Hershell looked at Rick when he listened to the phone for a dial tone. ThenI was like "ahh.. he's probably going crazy", and then he talked to Lori and I was like "yup, he's off his rocker". At least he's semi-normal now.

Did anybody else's heart melt when Daryl was talking to the baby? I think that was in not this past Sunday but the one before that's episode; I watched them both last night.
    God I love him.

I agree with Walcott too.. Carol seems so much older than him (even though she's not; maybe 10 years based on what I've read on TWD Wiki or something), but it would just seem so weird for them to do anything.

Looks like the Governor got his wood buried.

I don't think there was EVER anything respectable about Andrea. She was always petulant, needy, self-righteous, whiny, bitchy, and obnoxious. And she throws herself at all the jerks in the show like she has the biggest Bad Boy Syndrome in the world.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Andrea was always one of the most interesting characters to me in the beginning especially after her "attempted suicide." I loved how tough she got, but this whole season she's just seemed so weak and pathetic. And her storyline with The Governor isn't interesting, at least in my opinion. Not because I dislike The Governor, I just find him gross and thinking about him being a lover of any kind makes my skin scrawl.

Ugh I hate the governor.

Pretty good episode.

Lol @ Milton though, I think he sh!t bricks when the old guy grabbed his shirt and almost ate his face.

I'm wondering if Merle is going to betray the Governor or help his brother...

I wanted Michonne to interact with Rick's group a bit more, but I guess I shouldn't have expected it given her silent behavior. I was disappointed with Andrea and Milton's little storyline; it just seemed so redundant. The torture scenes were brutal and I thought it was messed up when Michonne killed that guy in the cabin and then Rick's group used his body as bait, but I guess that was the only way for them to get out of that situation. Next week marks the mid-season finale apparently, which looks like it'll be awesome.

Yeah, that was a pretty primitive scene, but they didn't have much option.. it was either that guy in his mental state opened the door to flood the cabin with walkers and trap them and get them all killed, or they kill him and they survive; he clearly wasn't going to listen to reason.. I mean he was about to open the door!
    It all happened so fast too - at least they can think on their toes.

Oh, one thing I also noticed was.. how calm Rick was. I mean, he was basically back to normal, and it had only been about a day I'm guessing? He was so collected.. I guess that "phone call" really helped him out, but that doesn't make much sense to me. He was so stable.

I still need to watch the seventh episode! I can't wait!
    Andrea is so naive! I don't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I liked Andrea more when she wasn't trying to be tough, but after Amy's death, she attempted to be a badass and fell majorly short. And I didn't think I would like Daryl when he first showed up in S1 because I just thought he'd replace Merle, but he quickly became my favorite. Michonne is pretty awesome, but I have to say I was kinda sad when she had to kill her walkers because I thought they were hilarious and a brilliant idea.

Also, a friend of mine sent me this and thought you all might find it amusing: Click for T-Dog Memorial
    I totally agree about Andrea and Daryl.
    That link was friggen hilarious! loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Walcott View Post
    It's going to be so interesting when Merle and Daryl are together again. They're so different and by now their groups of people and ways of living are pretty different. In the beginning of this episode I actually thought Merle was growing on me, but then he became a jerk again and I remembered just why I dislike him. The ending with Daryl and Carol was so sweet though. I don't want them to get together or anything, but I just love their relationship and alkfndjfbdjkf
    I agree about Merle too lol. I totally think they should get together, Daryl and Carol I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Andrea is the least likable protagonist in television history. So different from her character in the comic. When TV show Andrea dies, I fully intend to stand up and clap.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Yeah, when I first started I hated Andrea, then I realized she was pretty strong and independent so I kinda liked and admired her.. then she became a stupid **** and slept with the Governor (and I was reminded yesterday with Shane) and now I hate her again. She's a fkn idiot.

I'm glad Michonne left and I'm really glad she was able to find the prison. Fxing Merle, can't believe he took them hostage. If Michonne hadn't have found them they would be screeeeeewed!

I didn't understand the phone calls until Hershell looked at Rick when he listened to the phone for a dial tone. ThenI was like "ahh.. he's probably going crazy", and then he talked to Lori and I was like "yup, he's off his rocker". At least he's semi-normal now.

Did anybody else's heart melt when Daryl was talking to the baby? I think that was in not this past Sunday but the one before that's episode; I watched them both last night.
    God I love him.

I agree with Walcott too.. Carol seems so much older than him (even though she's not; maybe 10 years based on what I've read on TWD Wiki or something), but it would just seem so weird for them to do anything.
    My heart melted too!! Even more when he finally found Carol. I was like stop stabbing the friggen wall and listen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I don't think there was EVER anything respectable about Andrea. She was always petulant, needy, self-righteous, whiny, bitchy, and obnoxious. And she throws herself at all the jerks in the show like she has the biggest Bad Boy Syndrome in the world.
    I saw that too, I was just thinking she might overcome that, but nope, just got waaaaay worse. I think her sister could have kept her more level headed!

Omg, what a great mid-season finale. I actually liked that they introduced a new group of people, but the African American chick was annoying. She should have been grateful that Carl helped her and the other members of her group instead of yelling at him for locking the door. As for Rick's group: I thought the actual break-in to Woodbury was a little too smooth. I know the Governor said that Merle helped them, but that seems unlikely unless I missed something (my television was on the fritz for a minute, so maybe I did miss that part). It seems Oscar died, but he was a minor character so it's not a big loss (*feels bad for being so casual about it*). Anyway, I love Michonne even more than before. I mean I did think it was cruel of her to kill Penny, but at least she got the Governor back for essentially brainwashing Andrea and keeping Glenn and Maggie hostage. The ending of the episode was so good; I really hope Andrea speaks up to save both Daryl and Merle. I can't wait till February for new episodes.

The Governor was lying about Merle helping. He's scapegoating Merle because Merle told him, if I remember correctly, that he got Michonne and she was dead or otherwise not a problem anymore. The Governor knows that was a lie now. Of course, it's also possible he's not lying because he believes Merle helped them in. It could be either way, but it is a fact that Merle did not help them get in.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ridley View Post
    The Governor was lying about Merle helping. He's scapegoating Merle because Merle told him, if I remember correctly, that he got Michonne and she was dead or otherwise not a problem anymore. The Governor knows that was a lie now. Of course, it's also possible he's not lying because he believes Merle helped them in. It could be either way, but it is a fact that Merle did not help them get in.
    I definitely think it was paying Merle back for lying. Great episode and way to step up Carl!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast