Thread: How come the anime dosen't it's own Video Game?

Default How come the anime dosen't it's own Video Game?

Pokémon has ALOT of games, Major, Minor, Mystery Dungeons, Ranger Games and more to say. But How come the Anime the most popular part of Pokémon outside the Video Game serious doesn't has it's own game? I know there is Pokémon Puzzle League but that was made only in the English Countries and was only based of the Dub media. Do you guys think or consider the Pokémon should have it's own game on the Wii U or the 3DS featuring Ash and all his Friends? Or should Ash and Co should just appear in one of the future SSB games (Hopefully SSB IV on Wii U)

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Pokémon has ALOT of games, Major, Minor, Mystery Dungeons, Ranger Games and more to say. But How come the Anime the most popular part of Pokémon outside the Video Game serious doesn't has it's own game? I know there is Pokémon Puzzle League but that was made only in the English Countries and was only based of the Dub media. Do you guys think or consider the Pokémon should have it's own game on the Wii U or the 3DS featuring Ash and all his Friends? Or should Ash and Co should just appear in one of the future SSB games (Hopefully SSB IV on Wii U)
    Pokemon Yellow was based on the show

Ill use yugioh as a comparison.

Yugioh debuts the cards on the show to get people hyped up to buy new sets in the future.

Pokemon gets people to see how awesome the stuff in the games is so they can buy the games that are already out.

Pokemon Yellow
    Pokemon Puzzle League.

Sakurai already said video game orginal characters only plus there's already Red,so no.

So what you want is a game based on an anime based on a game? Uh...

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Didn't Hey You, Pikachu! take cues from the anime, albeit in a subtle manner? I swear it did.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah. There's Pokemon Yellow, the " Pikachu " series of games, and Pokemon Snap.

Pokemon Puzzle League was not developed as a Pokemon Game. It's an Americanized version of Panel de Pon: a Japanese puzzle game about faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Didn't Hey You, Pikachu! take cues from the anime, albeit in a subtle manner? I swear it did.
    It has Ikue Ohtani doing her anime Piachu voice, doesn't it?
    Pokemon Channel, the Pokepark games and the Smash Bros games have similar anime relations, too. Unsure about Pokemon Dash... doesn't that have the Rocket balloon on the cover, though?

At this time they should've released something akin to Yellow with some Anime Themed adventures. Could be fun.
    Pokemon White: 0390 4523 3207
    Pokemon Platinium: 5415 5614 0165
    Visit Pokemon Plus forums, for different events. I'm also pretty active over there if you need me for anything.

Looking for Shinny Spindas!

Always wanted a game set in the orange islands, there is just so many possibilities, I find it strange that it hasn't been used.
    WHITE 2 FC - Mega - 1679 1590 2270

I thought Yellow was the anime game? As far as another game being on the anime, the anime is a advertisement for a game series already. If that game series ends then bye bye Pokemon anime. What would you make anime Pokemon game about? Certainly not another RPG as it would just be a dumbed down version of the regular games only you'll be force to play as Ash through every region. Just the thought makes me shudder. They could make a new puzzle game with anime characters cameoing in it. That seems fine.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Pokemon yellow being the more obvious game Like others have said. I think we need a new game like yellow maybe with updated graphics. Maybe have all current regions present in the game would be awesome.
    KROOKODILE!!!

I don't know what that game could really be. The main characters are mostly taken from the games as it is, and although Ash's journey had some unusual twists, like starting with Pikachu which was the gimmick of Yellow Version, they don't take as many liberties with the newer sagas.

Because the games are based off of the anime.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Pokemon Puzzle League is a strange beast-it's based off the dub of the anime and there was never a Japanese version (unlike Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack on the SNES), and it's an N64 game with full motion video.

In any case, the reason there aren't more games based on the anime is probably because (as others have said) the TV show is there to sell the games. Also, if you compare the amount of adaptable content in the current games versus back then, there's a lot less for the anime writers have to fill in that could be made into a game.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi1001 View Post
    Pokemon Puzzle League is a strange beast-it's based off the dub of the anime and there was never a Japanese version (unlike Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack on the SNES), and it's an N64 game with full motion video
    And the entire english dub cast at the time is represented.

TRio should really be in the next Super Smash Bros. game. I would love to hear them say, "we're blasting off again" when they blast off XD

A sequel to Yellow version, set in one of the later regions -like Johto,- might be nice.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Pokemon Yellow is basically the anime as a video game.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Pokemon Yellow, Hey You Pikachu! and the PokePark games seems to fit within the anime-exclusive games except Yellow seems closest b/c you choose Pikachu as your starter and you catch the other starters much like the anime. the other games i mentioned fits w/ the anime due to the voices and how Pikachu was centered within the plots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Because the games are based off of the anime.
    ...no, it's the other way around. The anime is a huge commercial for the games.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.