Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Team Mythica

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default Team Mythica

    This is, I believe, my first rate-my-team post here. This team is for standard Wi-Fi battles so I can't say if it is specifically for UU or OU, etc, but I basically just chose pokemon I liked and tried to fit them into a team. Apologies if I have not posted this correctly.

    Medli (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -U-Turn

    My basic revenge killer. Tries to sweep with outrage and earthquake to cover the basics. Fire punch is to try to patch the hole my dragons have with ice types.

    Ao (Carracosta) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Atk

    -Stealth Rock
    -Scald
    -Stone Edge
    -Shell Smash/Sandstorm

    My team's basic defensive tank. I am trying out Scald because I like the idea of burning the opponent to gain extra defensive power, and stealth rock is because I have nothing else to set it up and I feel it is required. It's a toss up between Shell Smash or Sandstorm because I can't decide if I want to go offensive with this guy or if I should boost the meager Sp. Def. instead. Unfortunately this one dies to Grass types badly.

    Gilgamesh (Zoroark) @ Brightpowder
    Ability: Illusion
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/ 252 Spe/4 Atk

    Sucker Punch
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Nasty Plot

    A special sweeper attempt. He masquerades as Flygon to prevent automatic Earthquakes or other moves not effective against dragon types, but I may try out some others instead. Flamethrower is to cover ice/grass types, to cover Flygon, Latias, and Carracosta.

    Nayru (Latias) @ Life Orb/Soul Dew
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Psyshock
    -Roost
    -Calm Mind

    My special tank and side sweeper. Psyshock over T-bolt to take out those really annoying Breloom that try to Spore me to death. Draco meteor because it hits hard (and, ok, I like the visual effects) but Dragon Pulse is an option to preserve some Sp. Attack. Latias helps check against dragons that may out Flygon before her time.

    Inari (Lucario) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance

    This guy helps against Ice types and covers rock types that may try to murder my Typhlosion. Flygon and Latias can switch in on potential Earthquakes against this boy and attempt to kill the opponent off.

    Ifrit (Typhlosion) @ Heat Stone
    Ability: Blaze/Flash Fire
    Modest Nature
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    Eruption
    Focus Blast

    My biggest ice melter, just in case I run into ice types. Unfortunately he is taken out by water types, but I'm trying the sunny beam combo to see if it works. Carracosta can also switch into water moves to cover for Typhlosion. If not, Choice Specs may be an option with Focus Blast/Eruption/Flamethrower/someothermovehere.

    I'm not running Hidden Power on my team because I don't have the patience to breed for the specific HP IVs, but feel free to suggest some anyway in the off chance I change my mind. The only poke I am deliberating over changing is Typhlosion, since Whimsicott is an appealing option to me as a fun Stun Spore/Leech seed setter. Umbreon is also another option, but that would be double dark types and I know Umbreon isn't as defensive as I wish it was ._.

    Thanks for reading. I hope I posted this correctly; any feed back is appreciated!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Brightpowder is banned.
    Soul Dew is banned in OU, you'll have to replace both items, if you wanna be in OU tier.

    You say Carracosta is a defensive tank, so don't use Shell Smash. Lowering a tank's defence often turns out in its own demise.

    Also, Dragon Pulse on Latias, for not lowering your SpA. Better DPulse 3x than Dmeteor once, set up 2 CM's, and then fire another DMeteor, which causes a necessary repeat of the just described issue.
    Last edited by SkyDriver; 10th October 2012 at 7:42 AM.
    Challenge the P4L League here

    The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

    I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Oh, alright thank you. I wasn't sure if certain things were banned or not in this case.

    Ok, DPulse over Draco Meteor sounds logical. Maybe Life Orb over Soul Dew? Not sure what to put on Zoroark; any suggestions?

    Thanks again.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Latias Leftovers for longer sweeping time.

    On Zoroark LO is viable, or expert belt?
    Challenge the P4L League here

    The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

    I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Leftovers works on Lati, but then what should I equip to Carracosta?

    Expert belt Zoroark could work well, though with only two types of moves I feel like expert belt works better on Lucario. Life orb is viable given that Zoro is already frail. Hm... Lati has Roost so would Leftovers be necessary?

    Should I keep Typhlosion or would something else work better?

    As an aside, Sandslash is tempting to put on this team because I could use a spinner and he could fare well in Sandstorm with Sand Rush, but that's... about it. Plus he's my favorite pokemon, but sadly that doesn't make him better. Is it common for people to have 'reserve' pokemon for their teams? Just curious.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    My awsome team:

    Manectric
    Infernape
    Kyurem
    Lapras
    Sceptile
    Lucario

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    [QUOTE=wolfheart5;15214236]This is, I believe, my first rate-my-team post here. This team is for standard Wi-Fi battles so I can't say if it is specifically for UU or OU, etc, but I basically just chose pokemon I liked and tried to fit them into a team. Apologies if I have not posted this correctly.

    Medli (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -U-Turn

    My basic revenge killer. Tries to sweep with outrage and earthquake to cover the basics. Fire punch is to try to patch the hole my dragons have with ice types.

    Ao (Carracosta) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Atk

    -Stealth Rock
    -Scald
    -Stone Edge
    -Shell Smash/Sandstorm

    My team's basic defensive tank. I am trying out Scald because I like the idea of burning the opponent to gain extra defensive power, and stealth rock is because I have nothing else to set it up and I feel it is required. It's a toss up between Shell Smash or Sandstorm because I can't decide if I want to go offensive with this guy or if I should boost the meager Sp. Def. instead. Unfortunately this one dies to Grass types badly.

    Gilgamesh (Zoroark) @ Brightpowder
    Ability: Illusion
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/ 252 Spe/4 Atk

    Sucker Punch
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Nasty Plot

    A special sweeper attempt. He masquerades as Flygon to prevent automatic Earthquakes or other moves not effective against dragon types, but I may try out some others instead. Flamethrower is to cover ice/grass types, to cover Flygon, Latias, and Carracosta.

    Nayru (Latias) @ Life Orb/Soul Dew
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Psyshock
    -Roost
    -Calm Mind

    My special tank and side sweeper. Psyshock over T-bolt to take out those really annoying Breloom that try to Spore me to death. Draco meteor because it hits hard (and, ok, I like the visual effects) but Dragon Pulse is an option to preserve some Sp. Attack. Latias helps check against dragons that may out Flygon before her time.

    Inari (Lucario) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance

    This guy helps against Ice types and covers rock types that may try to murder my Typhlosion. Flygon and Latias can switch in on potential Earthquakes against this boy and attempt to kill the opponent off.

    Ifrit (Typhlosion) @ Heat Stone
    Ability: Blaze/Flash Fire
    Modest Nature
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    Eruption
    Focus Blast

    My biggest ice melter, just in case I run into ice types. Unfortunately he is taken out by water types, but I'm trying the sunny beam combo to see if it works. Carracosta can also switch into water moves to cover for Typhlosion. If not, Choice Specs may be an option with Focus Blast/Eruption/Flamethrower/someothermovehere.

    I'm not running Hidden Power on my team because I don't have the patience to breed for the specific HP IVs, but feel free to suggest some anyway in the off chance I change my mind. The only poke I am deliberating over changing is Typhlosion, since Whimsicott is an appealing option to me as a fun Stun Spore/Leech seed setter. Umbreon is also another option, but that would be double dark types and I know Umbreon isn't as defensive as I wish it was ._.

    Thanks for reading. I hope I posted this correctly; any feed

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    The team seems to lack on being a team it seems like every pokemon is a stand alone and you should make some considerations in the topic. 3/6 of the team are weak to fighting but nothing to counter fighting types well except latias but only that conkeldurr will make big problems.
    Flygon seems good the only thing that I would chang eis the 4 EVs in HP since it is better but it is a small change.
    Why you use carracosta as a tank? if you so want a tank use ferrothorn or even tyranitar.. or use shell smash with full offense and don't use special moves (except ice beam that smogon suggests) . Use aqua jet,stone edge and waterfall or earthquake with shell smash full speed and white herb or life orb. (white herb eleminate the negative defense debuffs)
    -Zoroark.. maybe try to use something else.. he can't sweep in OU something like subdisable gengar would be good to cover your fighting weakness.
    Latias Refresh or HP fire instead of Psychock statuses are annoying so refresh cure them but HP fire beat breloom and some other stuff + dragon/fire is almost (bar heatran) perfect coverage. use leftovers.
    On lucario extreame speed is stronger than bullet punch on everything except terrakion it depens on you though..
    Don't use thyplotion in OU.. if you want something to hit strong and fast use scarf darmanitan or chandelure they are stronger most of the time.

    I don't like the way of thinking of "I use this cause it beat the type which is SE against my pokemon remmember not only ice types use ice moves they are extreamly common on lots of stuff (ex:your lucario)

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric12345 View Post
    My awsome team:

    Manectric
    Infernape
    Kyurem
    Lapras
    Sceptile
    Lucario
    Cool story bro
    Last edited by Ilan; 11th October 2012 at 5:33 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    51

    Default

    You should do some reading into team synergy, because there are a great no. of shared weaknesses (both 2x and 4x) allowing a single Pokemon from a team to virtually sweep you.

    Marriland and serebii will have some tools to help you in team building in that regard.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Soul Fly is right, there's not much connection between your team members. As far as I understand it a perfect team should be able to switch something into everything. Of course, this probably isn't possible so you've just got to prioritise. For example, the Conkeldurr issue that was brought up before. Connkeldurr is quite common in OU so you should make sure you can counter it. On the other hand, you shouldn't have to worry too much about Sceptile :P

    One tip I'd like to give is always have a Bulky Steel (Lucario isn't one -.-) to take powerful Dragon Type attacks i.e. Draco Meteor and Outrage. There's tons of Dragon in OU and most teams will pack 1, if not several. Just a little tip :P

    Yay, first rate XD

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric12345 View Post
    My awsome team:

    Manectric
    Infernape
    Kyurem
    Lapras
    Sceptile
    Lucario
    get out. spam, and then mini-modding.




    item clause is generaly not in effect, so lefties can be on as many pokes as you like.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •