Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone (Discussion Thread)

Default Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone (Discussion Thread)

Thank you very much Kamotz for approving this. The Role Play thread is open, so I can open it now, like you said.

So, besides that, I felt like I needed to get this up around the same time as the RPG Thread. Sign-Ups are still open, and you can follow the link here.
    The Actual RP link is here
    Character List:
    Fencer-
    Valkyrie-
    Bandit-WarG-X
    Ax Battler- Holly Summers (Billy Mays)
    Griffen Rider (Male)-
    Griffen Rider (Female)-
    Knight- Thegame88
    Undine- Lirea Marine(Mon1010)
    Hunter-
    Assassin- Portia Belladonna (*Jean Grey*)
    Witch-Iyulia Esmeralda (GoldenHouou)
    Necromancer-Harry Branthese (deltakurumiru4)
    Tactician (Male)-
    Tactician (Female)-
    Prince- Noctus Artwaltz (CandleReaper, 'Orrible Sign-Up is horrible.)

As you guys can see, we desperatly need the spots filled, but I feel with Six Players, we can scoot by until WarG-X and The Game get's their sign-ups up.

Well, so here is for discussing any questions about starting, the Role Play in General, or Plot. This is also for talking about our Characters, and filling out the TvTropes Pages that we'll have soon, but these must clearly not become SPAM. (JEAN! Work on them now please!) So, if you have any questions about the role play, or just wanna talk about current events in the RP or your character, that's fine, but remeber, make sure it's not SPAMY. Well everyone, have a nice day ^_^ (Will have most of my Noctus avi's up soon).
    Last edited by Lost™; 9th October 2012 at 5:52 AM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Ok, soooo where do the rest of us start?
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Mon1010, your Undine should start in the kingdom of the Undines. It looks like CandleReaper will head for Veralain Hills first, and you are south of that. I plan to post later, with Harry in the Black Rose Domain doing some experiments on an Undine corpse.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Alrighty then, I'll come up with something.

Lirea's Tactic deck right now would be: Diamond Dust/Blizzard, Mind Change, Sanctuary, Refreshment, and Mirage, right?

I'm apparently a card short...

Edit: Eh, I'll go with Shield Barrier for the missing one. Diamond Dust and Blizzard as separate cards seems redundant. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 9th October 2012 at 5:34 PM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

I'm looking forward to seeing Portia and Noctus meeting Harry, since he'll be smelling like rotten flesh and fish

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

Thanks Jean! Editting in Information on Noctus, Motif isn't working...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Hey I have a question that I need answered before completing my SU. I noticed that most people who have signed up are or related to a previously created character in the story/games. Do i need to meet that requirement? If so. My charecter would be related to Durant most likely yes?
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    Hey I have a question that I need answered before completing my SU. I noticed that most people who have signed up are or related to a previously created character in the story/games. Do i need to meet that requirement? If so. My charecter would be related to Durant most likely yes?
    or Leon or Baldus, but pretty much yea. We need Bronquiens badly, so I suggest one of those two.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I was planning on Durant or Baldus so I'll do Baldus. It'll be up by tonight.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Thegame88 View Post
    I was planning on Durant or Baldus so I'll do Baldus. It'll be up by tonight.
    Alright, thanks XD.

Baldus' Great Grandson, maybe even Great-Great Grandson

Credit to EG for Banner.

I'm not exactly sure where to start, or what cards I should or can use. :/

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where to start, or what cards I should or can use. :/
    Well, maybe Holly leaving the farm, or maybe a point afterwards. Your Tactics Deck is explained in the rules. You get those cards and Gravity Chaos

Credit to EG for Banner.

Title of Sign Up: We'll always Fight alone

Title of RP and Discussion thread: We'll never fight alone.

Are we fighting alone or not? xD

Yeah, I'm still working on a post.

Me and Jean Grey noticed that already. I believe it's still We'll Always Fight Alone. Wait, CandleReaper, does that mean we aren't going to Union?

Future Projects:

Well, No, we aren't going to union, and those are typos. I has lazy syndrome

Unioning in a Role Play would be to confusing, so the battles are going to be more open-world-ed

Credit to EG for Banner.

You mean worded, right? Good point on the Union, it would be confusing in the Rp. In terms of the open ended combat, we won't have to charge for the spells?

Future Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by deltakurumiru4 View Post
    You mean worded, right? Good point on the Union, it would be confusing in the Rp. In terms of the open ended combat, we won't have to charge for the spells?
    Regular spells, no, but for card skills, same as Always. Considering if we apply regular rules here,Battlefields will just take forever.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Regular spells, no, but for card skills, same as Always. Considering if we apply regular rules here,Battlefields will just take forever.
    Wait, I thought the spells were card skills. There's a difference?

In other news, I made Lirea's gaia avi. (See sig.) It's horribly innacurate becuase Gaia does not have some of the correct colors, but it's close enough. xD

Edit: I forgot her Chain Belt! I'll add it later. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 11th October 2012 at 9:14 PM.

Cute! XD Oh, so her ponytail looks like that, huh? XD I thought that when you meant "messy ponytail" in your SU, you meant a low, loose ponytail. XD

Portia is here:

Well, Portia doesn't really have short blunt-cut bangs. XD It's supposed to be long and swept to the left...the braids are correct though, as well as the length. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Kind of, her hairstyle is supposed to look like the other generic undines in this game.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery.../yu-undine.jpg

Like this. xD (It's a big image...)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ietzsche_2.jpg

Hair color and eye color should be like this. xD (Obvious reasons are obvious...)

That's why the avatar is horribly inaccurate. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 11th October 2012 at 9:15 PM.

I believe what CandleReaper means by spells are the little things that we can do outside of combat, and in combat for the magic based units, such as the Witch and the Necormancer. I don't think Candle nor I have correctly stated the card skills actually purpose. Allow me:

In the game's combat, you have a meter, and have two modes; Passive and Agreesive. If you go Passive mode, then the meter fills, but your attack drops, as if you are 'charging'. Going Agrresive will increase your attack and turn your damage into your element attack, but the meter drains. If you go Passive to the point were the meter completely fills, then you can unlease the card skill. There are two types of Card Skills, in the method that they are unleased.

The hold and drain type, like Shield Barrier, work in that you hold a button, and the skill lasts as long as you hold the button. However, your meter drops as you do this, and the skill automaticly ends when it empties. You can stop at any point, and as long as you have some meter left, you kepp that. I say that we treat the meter like energy, going Agreesive tires you out, but you do more damage and you use your element. Going Passive, you recover energy, but aren't as strong.

The charge and break, like Necro Gate, work that you hold down a button again, and charge a break gauge. When it fills, you release the button, and unleash the skill. Afterwards, you lose all of your meter. This, you charge the skill, but an enemy can attack you with a powerful blow, and stun you. You stop charging, and have to resume from the begining charging the skill. Either way, Card Skills are more like large spells that come from the cards that we all have. We can't use them on demand, just in combat. Outside of combat, you can use your characters abilities, such as spells or your Elements, normally.

Would this be alrght, CandleReaper? Sorry i kinda just took control for a second...

Future Projects:

I believe what CandleReaper means by spells are the little things that we can do outside of combat, and in combat for the magic based units, such as the Witch and the Necormancer. I don't think Candle nor I have correctly stated the card skills actually purpose. Allow me:

In the game's combat, you have a meter, and have two modes; Passive and Agreesive. If you go Passive mode, then the meter fills, but your attack drops, as if you are 'charging'. Going Agrresive will increase your attack and turn your damage into your element attack, but the meter drains. If you go Passive to the point were the meter completely fills, then you can unlease the card skill. There are two types of Card Skills, in the method that they are unleased.

The hold and drain type, like Shield Barrier, work in that you hold a button, and the skill lasts as long as you hold the button. However, your meter drops as you do this, and the skill automaticly ends when it empties. You can stop at any point, and as long as you have some meter left, you kepp that. I say that we treat the meter like energy, going Agreesive tires you out, but you do more damage and you use your element. Going Passive, you recover energy, but aren't as strong.

The charge and break, like Necro Gate, work that you hold down a button again, and charge a break gauge. When it fills, you release the button, and unleash the skill. Afterwards, you lose all of your meter. This, you charge the skill, but an enemy can attack you with a powerful blow, and stun you. You stop charging, and have to resume from the begining charging the skill. Either way, Card Skills are more like large spells that come from the cards that we all have. We can't use them on demand, just in combat. Outside of combat, you can use your characters abilities, such as spells or your Elements, normally.

Would this be alrght, CandleReaper? Sorry i kinda just took control for a second...
    That's a perfect summary Delta! Thank you very much for the explanation.

Oh, and for some of Noctus' Gaia Avis, just do aquick skim through Jean and I's convo.... There is a reason he's StripperIffic at times

Credit to EG for Banner.

Alright guys, this is getting worrisome. I want to do a head count of everyone in. If you plan to keep going, say I. If you are, please post at your earliest convinence. If you are having difficulties with something, say that too, so we know how to proceed

EDIT: if you are at all confused on what to do, let me make some things clear:

At the moment, your character should either be at the starting place that you have them at, or moving to a location, most likely Marduk Woods if you are planning to join the Resistence already. If not, then head towards Verlain hills, where the two Rose domains exsist. It would be the most sensible location to go at the moment of the Rp.
    Last edited by Delta Hunter; 17th October 2012 at 3:55 PM.

Future Projects:

Alright guys, this is getting worrisome. I want to do a head count of everyone in. If you plan to keep going, say I. If you are, please post at your earliest convinence. If you are having difficulties with something, say that too, so we know how to proceed

EDIT: if you are at all confused on what to do, let me make some things clear:

At the moment, your character should either be at the starting place that you have them at, or moving to a location, most likely Marduk Woods if you are planning to join the Resistence already. If not, then head towards Verlain hills, where the two Rose domains exsist. It would be the most sensible location to go at the moment of the Rp.
    I'm still here.

Thank you! Now I have something to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast