Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn! (397)

Default Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn! (397)

Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn!

It's the eve of the Grand Festival in Slateport City and with both the Grand Festival and the Hoenn League around the corner, Ash & May recall their toughest Gym & Contest Battles in Hoenn

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

It sounds good. Let's just hope there's no cheesy puns that'll ruin it.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Well, i hope they show all battles even the ones that they lost...i'd love to see them again
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Are you sure it's not a real episode? Meh, I don't know, but it sounds cool.

Paired up with Avegaille

Is there any new animation in this episode? Meaning, do we see Ash and May talking to each other about their past battles, and THEN see flashbacks? Or is the whole thing just one big clip show with no new scenes at all?

Was there any information revealed about the upcoming Grand Festival/Hoenn League?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

If the episode was packaged with a Pokemon Trivia Quiz, the regular opening, the regular eyecatch, and the regular ending theme, then yes, it is a regular episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Yeah, the "episode" had all that.

Having watched it, it's a pure clip show. No new material, I can detect. The narrator was definately busy though, continuously narrating the entire thing.

First half of the clip show consisted of Ash's Hoenn League journey, looking at his past Gym battles (except the 3rd and 4th ones apparently, just a mention he got those badges). Second half was basically all of May's Pokemon Contest attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Yeah, the "episode" had all that.

Having watched it, it's a pure clip show. No new material, I can detect. The narrator was definately busy though, continuously narrating the entire thing.

First half of the clip show consisted of Ash's Hoenn League journey, looking at his past Gym battles (except the 3rd and 4th ones apparently, just a mention he got those badges). Second half was basically all of May's Pokemon Contest attempts.
    So no ash, max, may and brock talking then showing clips? What was the point? Well I doubt this will be dubbed!

No taking by them except in their flashback scenes.

Thats sound pointless don't you think so? I think so!

Yeah, if it had some new scenes it'd sorta make sense...

Paired up with Avegaille

Well since it fits the description of a regular episode, and thus makes up the AG series, there's no reason why 4kids should ban it. Although in reality, money's the big thing to these guys, if they don't think it's relevant in any shape or form for the pokémon fans of America, they wont bother, seeing as the KidsWB! schedule seems pretty tight and competitive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by neopolis3
    Yeah, if it had some new scenes it'd sorta make sense...
    Yeah, it wasn't like Yu-Gi-Oh's clip show, where there were new scenes seperating the different clips. It was apparently worth their while for 4Kids to dub it and KidsWB to air it.

Yes that's rather worrying lol.

Yeah, it wasn't like Yu-Gi-Oh's clip show, where there were new scenes seperating the different clips. It was apparently worth their while for 4Kids to dub it and KidsWB to air it.
    I remember that clip show it was good because they were ta;ling and then they showed clips! That was good! But I bet the won't dub it!

Actually, this IS a proper episode, it has 32 seconds of new footage So it DOES count as episode 397

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Actually, this IS a proper episode, it has 32 seconds of new footage So it DOES count as episode 397
    Really A whole 32 SECONDS! WOW! What the point?

This episode is of absolutely no interest to me other than for the fact that Roxanne, I assume, appears. Even if it is in a clip. :P Oos should be happy about Brawly, too.

I think its sounds great, I can't wait to see what battles are used and what the new footage is like

Hmm...

Well, showing the gym battles and contests from the beginning of the series IS a good idea. It's been 3 years since Houen started(IIRC), so having a refresher like this is good. Clips show may not be useful in the "oh look they advanced the plot or at least gave us something new" sense, but they ARE useful in the "my memory of that was foggy but this episode helped me remember that" sense; although Pokemon is less confusing to try and remember everything that happened than, say, Gundam SEED Destiny, it's still nice to get a recap on what happened.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    So no ash, max, may and brock talking then showing clips? What was the point? Well I doubt this will be dubbed!
    When 4Kids dubs this episode, they could very well change it so that the entire episode is narrated by Ash, Broc, May, and Max. Especially since the narration won't require any lip-syncing on 4Kids' part.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Water Man Guest

Did you do pictures for this episode Serebii?

Careful, that classes as spam

We will have pics in tonights update so be patient

MayAsh1987 Guest

Well, the clip show is kinda what I predicted, some guy telling, narrating. If 4 Kids do get this episode, do anyone think they might use Ash and May's voices instead since they are the ones who battled and won their prize?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast