Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fainted Wild Pokemon?

Question Fainted Wild Pokemon?

This is a question that has always bothered me, and I want to hear some of your opinions on the matter.

After you faint a wild Pokemon, what would happen to it? I assume after a while it would probably heal naturally, but until then, it would just take up space on the route.

Another thought is, what if you were EV training or Audino Hunting, and fainted a ton of Pokemon? What would happen to them all? Would they just lay on the route until they could heal? Post your opinions.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

They will wake up eventually but it is a game.. if a grass spot was taken for some time it would block your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram77 View Post
    This is a question that has always bothered me, and I want to hear some of your opinions on the matter.

After you faint a wild Pokemon, what would happen to it? I assume after a while it would probably heal naturally, but until then, it would just take up space on the route.

Another thought is, what if you were EV training or Audino Hunting, and fainted a ton of Pokemon? What would happen to them all? Would they just lay on the route until they could heal? Post your opinions.
    That's a good question!

Whenever I'm EV Training or whatever, I always think that the Pokemon probably runs away from the Route after Fainting...

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

They just pass out and block your way, and since 1 pkmn=1 square pixel, the protagonist is all like "Really, Ratatta?"
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducklett12 View Post
    That's a good question!

Whenever I'm EV Training or whatever, I always think that the Pokemon probably runs away from the Route after Fainting...
    And then they would come back after being healed, I suppose. That is a good theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRocketGrunt
    They just pass out and block your way
    I guess they could do that, considering routes in the anime/'real world' would be kilometres long rather than a few pixels.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

We know that Audino knows Heal Pulse. Maybe Audino are rare because they are busy healing fallen pokemon.

Maybe after they faint some Pokemon with a healing move comes and heals them.

Omega - 1/1/13

I always thought someone found them and gave them medicine.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan18 View Post
    Maybe after they faint some Pokemon with a healing move comes and heals them.
    This could explain the rarity of Pokemon like Blissey and Audino, and why the grass is always shaking when Audinos are nearby - they are healing a Pokemon.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

They black out and return to a pokemon center... oh wait, never mind.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    lol, that would be weird o_O; But then again, I've always why ye can't catch fainted PKMN, nya~
    Yeah I agree. The people in the Anime seem to do it. Of course everyone says the Anime is different.

I really haven't thought about it. But I always imagined that they lay there for hours until they feel better.

I think more that the after the pokémon are fainted, they just wake up somehow, and run away, to hide from that trainer. :P

FB Profile~|deviantART Profile~
    3DS FC: 4382 2023 3008
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code: 6400 2207 2907
    Banner made by Sworn Metalhead!

I think when a Pokemon faints,its like in the anime what happens to Pikachu.It's unable to battle but wakes up itself and maybe eats Oran/Sitrus berries or use a healing move if it has any.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I remember reading--albeit years ago--in some official Nintendo publication that the Nurse Joys go off onto the various routes and heal them in their spare time.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    I remember reading--albeit years ago--in some official Nintendo publication that the Nurse Joys go off onto the various routes and heal them in their spare time.
    In which case they must be pretty miffed with all the aspiring trainers running about...
    The image of Route 14 covered with fainted Audino is pretty hilarious, and now I think about it,the trainer's looking to beat them up,too :/
    Trainer's weapon of choice=Bear fists?Cricket bat?

When a Pokemon faints, it cries out its usualy cry, which actually means "Why?" before getting dragged into a dark void underneath.
    What happens after that is currently unknown, but some people speculate that they get dragged to hell. Which they for obvious reasons could not include in a childrens game.
    Therefore, instead of saying "*Wild Pokemon* Died and went straight to hell!" they only said "*Wild Pokemon* fainted"
    Or trainers pokemon, etc. Depending on the match

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    When a Pokemon faints, it cries out its usualy cry, which actually means "Why?" before getting dragged into a dark void underneath.
    What happens after that is currently unknown, but some people speculate that they get dragged to hell. Which they for obvious reasons could not include in a childrens game.
    Therefore, instead of saying "*Wild Pokemon* Died and went straight to hell!" they only said "*Wild Pokemon* fainted"
    Or trainers pokemon, etc. Depending on the match
    When a trainers pokemon faints, it doesn't go straight to hell. Because when you heal it, for instance in a pokecenter, it will be alive and kicking again. Wild pokemon may actually die...

~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | Chain Fishing Quest X |~

~ Current hunts ~
    HG BQ #3: (2,150SR's/10,750seen) || Masuda Method X: (240 eggs)

Your trainer gets dragged down too, but is saved by his/her guardian angel, that carries them to a Pokemon Center, into safety

I believe in the Audino/Blissey theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Your trainer gets dragged down too, but is saved by his/her guardian angel, that carries them to a Pokemon Center, into safety
    Lol that's too extreme.

I like to think that random Chandelures come to steal the Pokémon's spirits, and Drifloons carry the bodies away. Going through some of the many disturbing Pokédex entries can answer a lot of questions.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I like to think that random Chandelures come to steal the Pokémon's spirits, and Drifloons carry the bodies away. Going through some of the many disturbing Pokédex entries can answer a lot of questions.
    I think I believe this more than the "trainers get dragged to hell theory. (Maybe its just because I want to believe it). It could explain why you black out, rather than just get out of the situation. The Audino/Blissey healer theory I think is still the most believable, although the Nurse Joy one could work. Maybe Nurse Joy has a sister or cousin or something who takes care of wild Pokemon.

Pokemon Rangers could also help the fainted pokemon in the wild.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

My understanding was that "fainted" pokemon are simply too tired or too injured to fight, but are actually still conscious. In which case, I imagine the defeated wild pokemon hobbles off somewhere and the trainers simply let it go, since they got their exp already. (If a trainer didn't, then they would get arrested by Looker and never see daylight again... dun..dun...dunnnnn!)
    Am I supposed to say something here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast