Thread: Rate My Team: OU Sandstorm

Default Rate My Team: OU Sandstorm

Tell me what you think

Tyranitar@Lifeorb
    Taunt
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge
    Crunch

Typical lead Tyranitar. Stealth Rock is an obvious choice. Taunt shuts the other lead down if they try to setup anything. Stone Edge and Crunch do a good amount of damage otherwise.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Whirlwind
    Slack Off

Hippowdon is a second user of Sand Stream to ensure that Sandstorm stays in the game in a heavily weather-influenced OU metagame. This hippo is a pretty good wall. Slack Off is great for lasting power. Toxic and Whirlwind are able to poison multiple Pokemon.

Landorus@Lifeorb
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power Ice
    U-Turn
    Gravity

This thing is awesome! It can OHKO many Pokemon thanks to max Attack EV's and Sand Force. Gravity makes nearly every Pokemon vulnerable to Earthquake. Hidden Power Ice takes out Dragon types and opposing Landorus. U-Turn allows for a quick escape if needed.

Magnezone@Leftovers
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Fire
    Flash Cannon
    Substitute

Magnezone covers Water types, which most of my team is weak to. Switching into Pokemon that have a hard time damaging Magnezone allows me to setup Substitute. Hidden Power Fire destroys other Steel types.

Skarmory@Leftovers
    Spikes
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    Whirlwind

Skarmory is a nice wall. It can outstall most other Pokemon while setting up Spikes. Whirlwind is useful if the other Pokemon tries to boost its stats.

Chandelure@ChoiceScarf
    Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power Fighting

I love this Pokemon! The idea is to switch in to Chandelure whenever my opponent uses a fighting or fire type move. Much of my team is weak to those two types, so Chandelure provides excellent coverage. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed most Pokemon. With max Special Attack EV's, this Pokemon hits quite hard. Its Fire Blast packs a punch.
    Last edited by poads; 10th October 2012 at 5:57 AM.

Pretty much the same reasons I closed the last one (bar descriptions, as these are actually a good length).