Thread: [nu] pink spherical blobs.

Default [nu] pink spherical blobs.

PINK SPHERICAL BLOBS

this team is kind of retired i guess? i still use it but it's not something that's worth using in a serious tournament in my opinion. i'll admit: this is another one of my teams where i just slapped random shit together and kept fixing until it worked, but this one was planned out better and only needed minor adjustments. :) although my team initially didn't have musharna, it kind of fit the mold of trying to aid musharna to sweep so i decided to stick it in there. musharna really appreciates most of my team; golurk with colbur berry acts as a lure to the dark types that threaten musharna, skuntank takes out rivaling psychic types and threatening ghost types, and lickilicky rids of walls that can induce status. low and behold, it pretty much works! however, musharna isn't always the one sweeping; if i'm able to maintain enough offensive presence or if the opponent fails to play smartly, lickilicky or ludicolo ends up punching massive holes to where something like piloswine or skuntank can clean up. none of my members play defensively (i really love offensive teams!) but musharna, lickilicky, and piloswine are good bulky pivots that i can rely on while maintaining some offensive presence. aside from my usual introduction, i can finally go onto the team.
    This Event or Product is fully endorsed by Serebii or his cronies

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
    Trait: Cloud Nine
    EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 124 SDef / 128 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Body Slam
    - Power Whip

although sub bu braviary is pretty much superior, i wanted to try SUB SD LICKILICKY because i heard about its similar effectiveness and it's actually fucking amazing. really, screw the defensive set; it gets set up on too easily. how this one plays is to simply get in safely on alomomola, amoonguss, non-boosting weak psychic type, weezing, audino, wartortle, non-smash torkoal, and many other defensive things that are not invested in offenses. from there, it's just boost and wreck. i really think that substitute set-up users are really anti-metagame because of how ridiculously common amoonguss and alomomola is and how easy it is to set up on most of them (alomomola is #1 set-up bait and is shit). in addition, lickilicky is not usually seen as an offensive threat, so it's usually overlooked as a wall and people are not deterred from staying in with their walls as a result. there's not much else to explain about this set except that the speed investment gets the jump on uninvested base 65s while pretty much the rest of the EVs maximize bulk. i also tend to use this lickilicky as a pivot against special attacks that the rest of my team may not be able to safely switch into (like regice).

Musharna @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 230 SAtk / 28 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonlight
    - Signal Beam
    - Psychic

i speed creep a lot! i out-creep speed creeping amoonguss with these speed EVs! this is basically a more offensive version of the standard calm mind set because i play everything offensively... :) also, i tend to go hit-and-run with this musharna because it mostly just patches up my fighting weakness and i end up using moonlight or double switching right back out to something favorable as soon as the opponent switches their fighting pokémon out. i chose signal beam over heal bell since lickilicky is usually good enough to screw over toxic-using walls; i tend to just play musharna conservatively until said walls are gone. from there, i don't have to worry too much about status and am free to set up calm mind. since this gives me the room for signal beam, i can hit absol and skuntank on the switch instead of having to be completely threatened and possibly take a pursuit. i have considered running max defense and heal bell instead so that i have the extra insurance against fighting types and status inducers, but i have golurk as a decent check to the former, and i can break through walls by playing well for the latter, so i'm sticking with what i have for now.

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Shadow Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch

colbur berry golurk is the best lure. with colbur berry, not only can golurk feign a choice band set, but it can take absol's life orb night slash which only does around 60%. golurk KOs absol in return while healing a nice chunk of HP with drain punch. similarly, golurk KOs skuntank with earthquake while crunch/sucker punch does even less. since golurk can rid of these dark types, it gives musharna a great opening to start setting up. the moves are basically standard moves that would be seen on a choice band golurk. it basically just stops almost all of the same things plus the ones that the rest of my team doesn't really want to handle, such as zangoose. if i'm not too worried about dark types, colbur berry golurk can KO zangoose instead. i also really hate fighting types like throh, gurdurr, and sawk so i have this alongside musharna to keep the opponent from spamming moves that kill the other two-thirds of my team. :( but yeah, this mostly just aids musharna.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam

aside from zangoose and arguably braviary, ludicolo is the best pokémon in NU hands down (no exaggerations either). it does an excellent job at wallbreaking and is usually a good lead to start off with when i don't need stealth rock right away. this is basically just standard offensive rain dance which OHKOs or 2HKOs the entire tier (sans obscure things) with the appropriate move. it pressures the opponent to predict around and stall rain turns if they're smart enough to try, but i am master predictor so no :). it basically just takes out fast threats or breaks down walls so that golurk, lickilicky, or musharna can start pressuring the opponent in return. usually, ludicolo may usually lose to a wall that i haven't been able to weaken sufficiently before firing off hydro pumps, but that just opens up a window for lickilicky which makes it a good situation for me either way. life orb just maximizes the damage output with giga drain gaining back HP if needed, while a timid nature speed ties with positive speed samurott outside of the rain since i'd rather bring it down to a tie rather than completely losing to a megahorn.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Icicle Spear
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard

copy and pasting a huge chunk of this from another RMT i did: piloswine is great because it sets up rocks, checks flying types decently, and can threaten common stealth rock users. most of the rock type leads don't appreciate earthquake, and many things that would usually like to switch into earthquake may risk getting hit with icicle spear instead. i usually need to save piloswine for flying types or to prevent electric types from freely using volt switch all the time. the neat thing is that it really retains bulk even when fully offensive, and 100 base attack is still very threatening. icicle spear is absolutely preferred over icicle crash because i need to break through stupid things like ninjask, drifblim, golurk, haunter, and other substitute users that don't appreciate being exposed and hit.

Skuntank @ Leftovers
    Trait: Aftermath
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Poison Jab
    - Taunt
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit

with skuntank, i patch up some problems with bulky psychic types (mostly musharna, which every team needs to prepare for) since i'm mostly saving golurk as a dark-type lure. it also acts as a secondary check to absol since it can't really hit skuntank hard outside of superpower. it's also a great way to stop things from setting up or spreading status because of taunt. there's not much else to explain other than the fact that my main problems with misdreavus, golurk (though skuntank can't switch into earthquake), musharna, and exeggutor are remedied or mitigated with skuntank. pretty standard. taunt, sucker punch, and pursuit is pretty fun to mess around with too. sucker punch is absolutely key since my team is kind of slow-moving and i need priority of some sort. i'll usually need to save this or piloswine if i know that there's a scarf user or fast 'mon that i need to check or outright kill. skuntank has amazing utility capabilities that kind of eases things for lickilicky or musharna to set up if golurk fails to do so.

weaknesses:
    normal and flying types, if played well, can wreck my team. when something like cinccino, braviary, swellow or zangoose is safely brought in against something that threatens me, i either have to risk golurk to an immunity to stall out one turn or let something else die. piloswine (ice shard) and skuntank (sucker punch and aftermath) check these, but having no rock or steel type to take a hit hurts.

this is also actually kind of ridiculous, but i flat-out lose to offensive steels such as klang and mawile if they happen to get a boost. i'm probably going to run max speed golurk for mawile, but klang runs all over my team if given the chance. my only saving grace is that these are uncommon threats.

importable:
        Spoiler:- .:

disclaimer:
    fan art does not belong to me; clicking on the fan art links to its respective owner.

:)

Last edited by locket; 12th October 2012 at 8:27 PM.