Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Awaited Triumphant Moments

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    Oh Jesus, I spent an hour on both that room and the one with the pairs of fish (can't remember the name, it's by the square teleporters) and I couldn't do ****.

If you managed to beat it you are a god.

Hey, I was wondering about the game Dark Souls. I noticed something called 'Prepare to Die edition' on a game case. If I've never played the regular edition, would this 'prepare to die' thing seem impossible?
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm hoping to add getting an SS rank on an Armored Core game as a long awaited accomplishment pretty soon. I've got 2 hard missions left on For Answer (Defeat Unknown Next + No Count, and Occupation of Arteria Carpals) that are driving me crazy.
    Got it today, finally!!! Those Saline missle with Regs. version 1 are sick.

Since I was able to do that, I'm going back to Armored Core 4 and trying to get the SS rank on there. I was surprised at how many I'd gotten an S on when I played before- I had some bad memories of some of those. Since I've started again, I've already took out some of the ones I thought were impossible involving the aerial fortresses- thank god for the Cerberus 'blade'.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 17th October 2012 at 9:14 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Oh Jesus, I spent an hour on both that room and the one with the pairs of fish (can't remember the name, it's by the square teleporters) and I couldn't do ****.

If you managed to beat it you are a god.
    And if you beat it on No Death Mode...
    I would just die of amazement.

I was able to finish the SS rank of Armored Core 4 today. I was thinking about it, and it'd been 1 & 1/2 to 2 years since I played it. It's been bugging me for that long, and it took about a day & a half to take care of it.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Let's see...
    - getting all S-ranks in Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents, and Ouendan 2 on all the songs in all the difficulties
    - getting all the emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 took me 100 hours: that took up a lot of my summer vacation
    - beating everything in F-Zero GX on the hardest difficulties
    - getting all the Pokemon in Red Version (I know that's not too impressive compared to future generations, but it was a big deal to me)
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Hey, I was wondering about the game Dark Souls. I noticed something called 'Prepare to Die edition' on a game case. If I've never played the regular edition, would this 'prepare to die' thing seem impossible?
    It's the exact same game with the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, no change in difficulty. I highly recommend getting it too, it's one of my favourite games.

One of my biggest triumph moments was in Final Fantasy X. The Braska boss fight was plain difficult. When I finally beat it(after about 50 tries, literally) I was just so happy. A great moment in gaming history for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Beating Gears of War 3 on insane.
    I'm with you on that one. Beat Gears of War 3 on Insane yesterday. Probably would have been a lot sooner, but I was playing other games.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I had a really hard time beating the Elite 4 on Pokemon Black. I just kept going and going and going......why the heck did I have a harder time with this game version than all the others?

I can't believe I forgot this, but pretty much the whole veteran campaign in Call of Duty: World at War. With the frequently infinitely respawning enemies and the always infnitely respawning enemy grenades, I died a ton. I remember the last 2 levels of each campaign (Russian & American) were particularly memorable. Throughout 'Blowtorch & Corkscrew' (remember the name because I equated it with torture) I had a terrible time advancing anywhere (like I couldn't get from one checkpoint to another without dying at least once). The final American level I remember for being brutal while advancing up that hill after you get out of the foxhole. The Russian level 'Heart of the Motherland' was ridiculous- I think it took me 4 hours to get through it. Advancing after taking out the first 2 guns was crazy. I could never kill the enemies fast enough, while avoiding grenades, to advance- I simply had to run for it and got lucky. For the last russian level... I guess I don't remember anything particularly horrible (although it was hard), but my head was fried after just beating the previous level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's the exact same game with the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, no change in difficulty. I highly recommend getting it too, it's one of my favourite games.
    Alright cool, DLC included. You know, honestly, I don't know much about the game. I looked on the back and it said 'Prepare to Die', so I figured it might be a good challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainaXainne View Post
    I had a really hard time beating the Elite 4 on Pokemon Black. I just kept going and going and going......why the heck did I have a harder time with this game version than all the others?
    I think it could be because the type weaknesses and strengths overlap so much. Some pokemon might be completely useless against some members (like the Scolipede I just used if it fought Marshal or Shauntal).
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 13th November 2012 at 10:36 AM.

The kind of games I play normally aren't so difficult that I would get too frustrated. However, there's a certain side-quest in Final Fantasy X that had me raging. The Chocobo racing against the birds and collecting them damn balloons. I was never able to get a time of 0:00:00. I'd completed every aspect of that game except for this, and it resulted in me not being able to obtain one of the celestial weapons. Not a big deal but it was extremely frustrating that I could never do it, and it's the only part of that game I couldn't complete.

xxx

I'm bumping this, but whatever.

Anyway, I've recently accomplished something that I've had in the back in head for 14-15 years. I first played Doom 2 about that long ago, and was afraid of Nightmare difficulty all that time. I didn't obsess over it during that time, it was kind of like 'man, I wish I could do that', but figured it would be impossible.

I recently got Doom 2 on 360, and going though the achievements had me beating a level on Nightmare. Playing the first level felt like a joke (you can literally run through it in less then 10 seconds) so I tried the second. It didn't end up too well- the furthest I made it was maybe 3/4 of the way through, so I gave it up and moved on. As I wondered how anyone could do that, I looked up a speedrun on youtube, and watched a guy run through the game uninterupted (no deaths or saves) in less then 30min, and figured I surely could do this. I followed some of the strategies and tricks that player used and progressed well- I think I got beyond level 10 on my first day, more then ever thought I could. I kept going during the next few days, occasionally thinking I couldn't go further, but always finding a way to make it . Eventually I got to the final level. A few deaths, and then 3 well aimed rockets finally ended it. I exploded along with the final boss, but the game gave me the victory.

So it's finally done, I made it through on Nightmare. I've thought about playing Doom 1 on Nightmare, but right now I am, quite frankly, sick of playing the game. Maybe I'll go for it in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12