Thread: Transformers Thread V2

Default Transformers Thread V2

This is the thread for discussion of the High Moon Transformers games, War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, the latter of which was released less than a month ago. And just a few days ago, two DLC were released, the Havoc Pack, which gives you character parts for Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack, Zeta Prime, Blast Off, Preceptor, if I recall. The Dinobot Destructor DLC was also released, which allows you to play as Dinobots Grimlock, Snarl, Swoop, and Slug in the multiplayer as well. Soon another DLC will be released allowing players to play as new bots, and even Insecticons.

Fall of Cybertron important links
    Site | Wikipedia | Trailer | EXCLUSIVE REALLY AWESOME GAMEPLAY

Ok the last thread didn't work at all (the banner still won't work god dammit). I'm not expecting this too either but I need somewhere to release all my embarrassing nerd stories and news from my experience, haha

Now I'm not sure if it failed because no one played it or because everyone was too busy playing it to post or if it was just posted at the wrong time, but seriously if this doesn't get posted in often I'll finally get the message

I'm terrible at making threads, aren't I
    Attached Images Attached Images

I actually got the Dinobot DLC... It's extremely awesome to play as Grimlock because I'mma space t-rex...

Lol I thought this was dead.

I didn't get the DLC yet, but I'm not playing MP until I do.

I'm surprised this is so inactive, cause this game is really fun. I especially love the fact that you can customize and create your own Transformers. It's fun to make up adventures for your own crew and actually play as them in multiplayer. The campaign was kinda short, just like War for Cybertron, but what was there was good. I'd get the DLC, but $10 just for 4 or 5 multiplayer-only characters doesn't really seem worth it to me.

R.I.P. Games Forum

Never forget April 28, 2010, the darkest day ever to befall these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye Sigma View Post
    I'm surprised this is so inactive, cause this game is really fun. I especially love the fact that you can customize and create your own Transformers. It's fun to make up adventures for your own crew and actually play as them in multiplayer. The campaign was kinda short, just like War for Cybertron, but what was there was good. I'd get the DLC, but $10 just for 4 or 5 multiplayer-only characters doesn't really seem worth it to me.
    Same here. It's a great game but I guess it's just not many people here's cup of tea. One thing that would have made it better is putting less time into the multiplayer and escalation and more into the campaign, because I don't really enjoy those nearly as much as the story.

And if you're debating getting the DLCs, the regular character pack is probably a waste, but the Dinobot Destructor looks to be well worth it.

I LOVE Transformers. I've seen all the movies, have all the movie games, have several toys from G1 and film, and I'm planning on getting Fall of Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pikachu' View Post
    I LOVE Transformers. I've seen all the movies, have all the movie games, have several toys from G1 and film, and I'm planning on getting Fall of Cybertron.
    Have you played War of Cybertron? I'd recommend doing that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Same here. It's a great game but I guess it's just not many people here's cup of tea. One thing that would have made it better is putting less time into the multiplayer and escalation and more into the campaign, because I don't really enjoy those nearly as much as the story.

And if you're debating getting the DLCs, the regular character pack is probably a waste, but the Dinobot Destructor looks to be well worth it.
    I definitely agree with you about the bolded part. Multiplayer and escalation are nice, but the story mode is always the most important as far as I'm concerned. I often like to imagine there's some sort of storyline going on in the multiplayer, where my characters are foiling Decepticon plans or something, but it's not the same as an actual campaign. My friend actually didn't get the game because of how short the campaign was in War for Cybertron. The campaign was awesome, but there just wasn't enough of it.

And yeah, I'd also recommend getting War for Cybertron first. You could play Fall of Cybertron first if you really wanted to, but it would be better to play WfC first since the plot of this game directly follows from there, and besides that, War for Cybertron is a great game too.

R.I.P. Games Forum

Never forget April 28, 2010, the darkest day ever to befall these forums.

Yes, exactly. Everyone's convinced Multiplayer is the big money now, and it's definitely a smart addition, but a lengthy (and still entertaining) campaign is just as good, although even the longest campaign won't have as much longevity as Multiplayer.