Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Ash (along with May and Dawn) have actually learnt about being Trainers?

Arguably, Ash has died a few times, but he always came back.

I imagine the most powerful, most dangerous Pokemon are either rare, or fully evolved forms in the hands of experienced trainers. There are also plenty of Pokemon Centers and friendly way stations to protect young trainers, so the journey's not as risky as it would seem.
    Last edited by pacman000; 11th October 2012 at 6:18 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I guess so but it begs the question: have any Trainers actually died on their journey?
    Sure, but it's a relatively rare occurrence.

We saw that at least two Pokemon outlived their Trainers in Johto. They did not detail how they died, but only that they were deceased.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Sure, but it's a relatively rare occurrence.
    Mainly because the writer's don't address it for clear reasons.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I can just imagine the conversation.

Ash: Hi mom!

Deliah: Hi Sweetie! How was your trip?

Ash: Aw, it was all right. I died once but now I'm not dead!

Deliah: ...

... and thus was the end of Ash's Pokemon Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I can just imagine the conversation.

Ash: Hi mom!

Deliah: Hi Sweetie! How was your trip?

Ash: Aw, it was all right. I died once but now I'm not dead!

Deliah: ...

... and thus was the end of Ash's Pokemon Journey.
    Hell, I'm surprised that she never heard of him sinking with the S.S. Anne when an Officer Jenny knew and threw roses down at the sinking sight because they were believed to be dead.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Hell, I'm surprised that she never heard of him sinking with the S.S. Anne when an Officer Jenny knew and threw roses down at the sinking sight because they were believed to be dead.

Considering they never run into THAT Officer Jenny, better to let that be swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Considering they never run into THAT Officer Jenny, better to let that be swept under the rug.
    What about the news? Surely the sinking of a ship would've caught the media's attention.

The whole concept of this discussion is silly. This is the same universe where 10 year olds are allowed to travel with no adult supervision.

I always wondered that to become a licensed pokemon trainer by the pokemon league, one's child is entered into a special program where in addition to basic stuff like arithmetic, writing, and reading, the kid learnns pokemon techniques like battling, caring for a sick pokemon, type matchups, and whatnot. And at the end of the course, they would have a chance to demonstrate their skills in a series of battles. If they get a high enough score, then they would be allowed to start off on their pokemon journey...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

I always wondered that to become a licensed pokemon trainer by the pokemon league, one's child is entered into a special program where in addition to basic stuff like arithmetic, writing, and reading, the kid learnns pokemon techniques like battling, caring for a sick pokemon, type matchups, and whatnot.
    That's how it worked in the manga inspired by the anime.

The key difference there was that Ash was only given leave from attending school. He was not exempt from coursework because he was a Pokemon Trainer, so he cycled between time on the road and going back to school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12