Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: When do you think brock will return?

April 19th 2013 Calling it now

Brock is awesome and I'd like him to come back, but let's face it, he's studying to be a pokemon doctor, he doesn't have time to travel with kids and feed them again, if pokemon medicine is as hard as human medicine then he's screwed.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Brock is awesome and I'd like him to come back, but let's face it, he's studying to be a pokemon doctor, he doesn't have time to travel with kids and feed them again, if pokemon medicine is as hard as human medicine then he's screwed.
    Good point, I bet he would rather heal Pokemon then cook a bunch of five star meals.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Brock should be a warning to characters that overstayed their welcome and had their character butchered because of it. Just enjoy your characters while theywere on the show and beglad they never turned into DP brock.
    Lmfao oh please, if the writers actually tried with Brock he could of been an awesome character in DP, especially cuz in the beginning he was actually being focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    April 19th 2013 Calling it now
    Yay perfect birthday present .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

You would be right except the writers can't is or unable do any of your ideas involving keeping a long lived character intresting other than a character reset.
    Until BW Ash didn't went through any particular resets gradually maturing and improving as trainer as his journey through AG or Sinnoh showed, with writers adding fresh note to character keeping him interested.

Same applies to JJM trio with Jessie starting to do contests which went in correlation with her personality and added new angle to them. Arguably to many people they remained interesting when they became more competent villains in Unova too, since good chunk of viewers was getting tired of seeing them treated as punching bags.
    So depending from which perspective you look at it, to some they became interesting again, while to some exact opposite.

In comparison to Tracey all main girls were "long lived"characters and during majority of their run they remained interesting.

So even if Brock may have gotten stale to some in DP with good writing character can become enjoyable again if he gets back on right track. And writers showed plenty of times they are capable to do quality development when they try. Unfortunately with Brock in DP they didn't tried hard enough putting too much emphasis on growth of other characters, while keeping poor guy on sidelines.
    That being said personally i still found him enjoyable having his moments, but lack of focus hurt him.

In nutshell it doesn't matter how long character will stay in anime, but how he is going to be handled by writers. After all you can already screw things up from start with newly introduced character if there doesn't exist direction to do genuine and good development out of it.

Ain't going to happen. Nor do I understand why the OP thinks it's so obvious that Brock will return.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Ain't going to happen. Nor do I understand why the OP thinks it's so obvious that Brock will return.
    Because they think that those who have been on the show has to come back each time. But Brock just left after a long time. He can wait another region. Dawn was necessary so that we wouldn't have to see her again later.

My ideal battle ever!

I am sure he will return briefly someday, even Tracey appeared again yet, he was apparently disliked, so why not Brock? Maybe during the hypothetical filler saga he could appear. On a side note I wonder who is liked more by the fanbase, Brock or Cilan?

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I just want to see him again cuz Brock is awesome, whether they give him something for once(probably not) or not.
    I understand totally: let's hope 1) Eric Stuart reprises that role or 2) Bill stops making him deep as hell like he in D/P. And that we don't get another D/P Brock where they totally disrespect his character.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I understand totally: let's hope 1) Eric Stuart reprises that role or 2) Bill stops making him deep as hell like he in D/P. And that we don't get another D/P Brock where they totally disrespect his character.

And what the va have to do with Brock's return?

never realised Brock had more then 1 va in the dub. As long as his Japanese VA resumes the role (and I see no reason why he wouldn't) I'm happy

All I want to see and expect is for him and Cilan to have a cook off. No pokemon battles because they will just throw him under the bridge like with dawn to make the newer characters look better.

All I want to see and expect is for him and Cilan to have a cook off. No pokemon battles because they will just throw him under the bridge like with dawn to make the newer characters look better.
    They did that with May in Overrated Sinnoh and nobody cared about it.
    And ... sorry, but I can´t remember a battle where Brock showed his ... skills as a trainer

In the Hearthome tag battle, he was skilled !

I recall his Croagunk being slaughtered by Paul's Torterra in that battle.

Not the best example.

I wish people would stop calling Brock weak. He's not. He doesn't battle much but that doesn't mean he's bad at it

Nobody called him weak. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    I recall his Croagunk being slaughtered by Paul's Torterra in that battle.

Not the best example.
    Considering said turtle slaughtered everything short of cynthias garchomp. Not the best example. Its like callling someone weak because they lost to charizard.

Torterra's stregnth isn't relevant. sSerenity said Brock showed skill in that battle, and I told him that it wasn't the best example due to Croagunk being destroyed so quickly. Brock didn't have much time to show any skill as a trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    never realised Brock had more then 1 va in the dub. As long as his Japanese VA resumes the role (and I see no reason why he wouldn't) I'm happy
    Oh, he most certainly did. No joke. Just watch Seasons 10-13 in the dub. 9 was at least tolerable for Bill (I could tell it sucked but at least it sounded light and matched his age somewhat). Then Bill Rogers used this really deep voice that doesn't fit Takeshi at all in the DP Saga and that was the end of dub Brock. What a pity.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Oh, he most certainly did. No joke. Just watch Seasons 10-13 in the dub. 9 was at least tolerable for Bill (I could tell it sucked but at least it sounded light and matched his age somewhat). Then Bill Rogers used this really deep voice that doesn't fit Takeshi at all in the DP Saga and that was the end of dub Brock. What a pity.
    Hey if he's gonna act like an 30 year old bar the flirting he should sound like one.

Quote Originally Posted by divinepokemonXZ View Post
    I am sure he will return briefly someday, even Tracey appeared again yet, he was apparently disliked,
    Tracey only reappears because he is now Oak's assistant, so whenever Ash is in Pallet Town, Tracey can pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    And ... sorry, but I can´t remember a battle where Brock showed his ... skills as a trainer
    Sinnoh was never consider to be overrated, but i don't remember what May did in Sinnoh that much besides battling in the Wallace Cup Contests battles. Brock's character used to be the best during the OS/AG until he went to the Sinnoh region and became stale and boring without a personality.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 22nd October 2012 at 2:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Oy the bias it burns -_-.

Brock pretty much won all of the tag battles himself since his partner was weak.

And the Steelix/Donphan tag battle was epic!!.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sereb devil View Post
    Sinnoh was never consider to be overrated, but i don't remember what May did in Sinnoh that much besides battling in the Wallace Cup Contests battles. Brock's character used to be the best during the OS/AG until he went to the Sinnoh region and became stale and boring without a personality.
    That's because everything else was becoming newer and his was still being kept as the same old thing. Nothing new changed about his goal until late, he never really did anything to attract attention to making his goal a reality, and he just wasn't as involved as the others. So of course he felt boring but I felt he was left out especially in the movies where Ash and Dawn took over alot of times.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast