View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Artist's Corner

lol you sound like me candle XD and nice sig extroph i had a okami sig awhile ago XD it was a animation banner...

DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    lol you sound like me candle XD and nice sig extroph i had a okami sig awhile ago XD it was a animation banner...
    Thanks Eevee, Nice sig as well The only decent animated sig I have is:

But overall, they're too tiring to make imo

I will no longer take art requests for the time being. Busy with IRL stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Well, that sounds like a good Idea Azu. I'll fail anyways and get last place

It'll be a good way to show everyone's abilities and what they got.
    Uh...yeah. That's mee...in both rl and here.
    I fails at competition. Copmetitive battling too.
    *sits in corner all sad looking*

Quote Originally Posted by extroph View Post
    Thanks Eevee, Nice sig as well The only decent animated sig I have is:

But overall, they're too tiring to make imo
    thanks ^_^ yeah it looks nice...also yeah they are tiring especially when you get requests with tons of frames XD its a pain in the a** to do when that happens...i had to cut down a 143 frame before it was tiring...also guys since this the artist corner can anyone help me with this banner? i think its not bad but im trying to make my banners better...any advice?

i still think its plain still but i could just be nit picking XD

DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

thanks ^_^ yeah it looks nice...also yeah they are tiring especially when you get requests with tons of frames XD its a pain in the a** to do when that happens...i had to cut down a 143 frame before it was tiring...also guys since this the artist corner can anyone help me with this banner? i think its not bad but im trying to make my banners better...any advice?

i still think its plain still but i could just be nit picking XD
    Try making the background darker, and add a bit of white overlay on the render's face, making it a focal point. Other than that input, I'm not really a good art rater xD

I will no longer take art requests for the time being. Busy with IRL stuff.

Hi Nick, I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Kaiserin
    Nickname: ...Uh, Kaiserin works!!
    What art you enjoy doing: I sketch a lot, though I haven't finished anything in a while, and most of my rough stuff doesn't see the light of day anyway. I do a lot of anime-style stuff, and in particular, I like re-designing characters, putting my own spin on them, and depicting various combinations of characters I feel don't get enough attention in fandom!
    How you became interested in art: Quite literally, I just picked up my pencil one day in seventh grade and started to draw. Over time, I got better and more confident, but I would doodle all the time on the back of worksheets and in the middle of class. I'm still my own worst critic, but I'm a lot better about being too picky and detached to my art now that I'm a little older.

...Oddly, I'm fine at drawing freehand/references, but terrible at graphic design like sig banners. I have the sense of color and layout for it, but my Photoshop skills aren't quite good enough for it. Same with editing photos and images, really. I work best from scratch -- and apparently, I also give good critiques; I think I pride myself more on my ability to critique than my ability to actually draw, haha.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by extroph View Post
    Try making the background darker, and add a bit of white overlay on the render's face, making it a focal point. Other than that input, I'm not really a good art rater xD
    lol thanks ill try that thanks for the type...also welcome

also this better...since i darkened i think its a bit to dark now right?

Last edited by FairyWitch; 14th October 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Here are my fail banners. Eevee's already helping me with one. I also get lazy at time with Transparency...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Can someone tell me how to render an image? getting annoyed at my computer, gimp, and...those white background images. D:

Quote Originally Posted by pokeram View Post
    Can someone tell me how to render an image? getting annoyed at my computer, gimp, and...those white background images. D:
    Same here, as you can see with my Marietta Banner (I need to make the Text white too >_>)

Credit to EG for Banner.

one thing i learned about rendering is black and white colors are really hard to render...anything that is plain white and plain dark...try to avoid those colors if nessary of course XD its not bad to use them but just don't use alot of it...

edit:

also candlereaper...the first banner is a bit extracted badly cuaz i can see white lines in them try to get images that are already rendered if possible if not try using the the magic eraser tool to extract quicker and better...some images are harder extract though if it doesn't extract well don't use it...second banner you know what i said about it XD the third banner...the third is cool but the text is hard to read try using a different font or bold it to make it thicker...sometimes that helps....over not bad banners

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Same here, as you can see with my Marietta Banner (I need to make the Text white too >_>)
    See Toothy here was transparent.
    The Okami logo...isn't.

sometimes text is better off white in banners...also sometimes we need to place a slim border around it if we use the same colors on our banners...to make it show better as well...the text in your banner pokeram is a bit blurry maybe try to sharpen it? not sure why its blurry...do you have anti-aliasing on your text tool function? there four of them...they help make texts clearer as well...skiyomi told me about it...i only have one since my photoshop is a intro photoshop...its photoshop elements 2.0 trying to invest in a better one soon....

I am trying out these tcg pokemon banners

sometimes text is better off white in banners...also sometimes we need to place a slim border around it if we use the same colors on our banners...to make it show better as well...the text in your banner pokeram is a bit blurry maybe try to sharpen it? not sure why its blurry...do you have anti-aliasing(<--Yes) on your text tool function? there four of them...they help make texts clearer as well...skiyomi told me about it...i only have one since my photoshop is a intro photoshop...its photoshop elements 2.0 trying to invest in a better one soon....
    Hm...
    I see it now...

Username: The Crusader (that's what it is changing to in 2 weeks)
    Nickname: Cru
    What art you enjoy doing: I've enjoyed everything I have ever attempted
    How you became interested in art: Actually, I was inspired by some people on Serebii, such as Mew and Sarah, and Neo Pikachu.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could improve the banner in my sig.

Well, for the Second one, what if I removed the border?

EDIT: Well, yea, most Images I want to use have crazy BG Colors, or don't extract well at all.

Credit to EG for Banner.

yeah candlereaper try that remove the border it just looks so weird in that corner XD imo and yeah i know but sometimes images don't like extracting well...sometimes...well most of the time when i get request i split sec and change the images since they don't extract well XD

edit: also jew-begel mew is my mentor on this stuff as well...he was the one that really wanted to start working more on my photoshop ^_^

Wow, this club got popular fast! Everyone is accepted, but I'll edit the OP tomorrow. Can someone help me get into tech-art, specifically banners? I'm kind of close off to only pencil drawings, so I'd like to get into something new.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas121419 View Post
    Wow, this club got popular fast! Everyone is accepted, but I'll edit the OP tomorrow. Can someone help me get into tech-art, specifically banners? I'm kind of close off to only pencil drawings, so I'd like to get into something new.
    You have image editing thing (photoshop, gimp, paint)?

well i can't really help you with tech banners as much since i kinda improvise since my photoshop is old...think you might want to strart normal banners first simple

use either photoshop or gimp but if you don't want to shell out money try using gimp its free

Or. all of the Images of a Character I want to use doesn't extract well at all, then I'm, screwed.

Credit to EG for Banner.

No, I have no image editing thing. Soooo, since you have to pay for Photoshop, I should get Gimp? Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. What next?
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas121419 View Post
    No, I have no image editing thing. Soooo, since you have to pay for Photoshop, I should get Gimp? Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. What next?
    Hm...well you should learn how to do stuff. Look it up on YT, I recommend things like xat avis, userbars, something easy.

Hi Nick, I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: PikaPika677
    Nickname: PikaPika, Pika
    What art you enjoy doing: Spriting, simple signatures
    How you became interested in art: Took a look at this webpage one day http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx and suddenly had the urge to give it a go. Did pretty well and ran an Art Shop a year ago but closed it down 'cause I didn't have enough time to keep it running well anymore.

Wasn't there already a club like this some time ago...?

Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast