View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

^ Welcome to the club, Julien ^^
    I couldn't help but notice that you put 'orchestral performance music' under 'art you enjoy doing', and I just want to say- That's interesting. Really, really interesting :P

But, back on the subject, I should start critiquing your work, am I right? xD
    First off, I never would've guessed that you didn't do your digital drawings and pixels seriously o_0 Are you kidding me? They look great, if I do say so myself.
    I am, after all, horrible with drawing digitally. For me, when I'm drawing something, it's either on paper or bust, so unfortunately I can't really provide any techniques for improvement or helpful tips regarding drawing with a computer :/
    But I really love your pixels; the way you color and shade them makes them look interesting and very pleasing to look at as well.

Second off, your style of drawing chibi is really cute ^^ The cuteness factor is a value that must be considered when drawing chibis, IMO, so that's a good thing.
    Your chibi drawings also give the impression that you're very experienced with the specific style, as I really don't see any problems with your proportions, chibi-wise xD

And I love how you drew Julien (who is yourself . . . ?)
    Reminds me of a Axis Powers: Hetalia character, actually xD

So, overall, judging from the drawings/pixels you've put in your post, it looks like you know what you're doing as well as make me wonder what your art would look like if you really did take them seriously.
    Keep up the good work, because I'd love to see more
    Last edited by kyogreblue3; 12th January 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by orochi View Post
        Spoiler:- deathclaw:

Tis from Fallout, the video game.

Spoiler:- Flygon:

this one seems to keep coming out sideways

Spoiler:- okami:

Spoiler:- thresher shark:

Spoiler:- wildfire:

Spoiler:- alien landing craft:

Spoiler:- zoruas:

Spoiler:- The wall that I painted in the art room at my school:

So what do you guys think
    I really like your deathclaw one those things use to give me a hard time when I was trying to beat fallout for the first time

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Uhm, I assumed it is a form of art too ? o v o I am currently studying post-modern and classical orchestral music and I enjoy it very much u v u

Oh I'm glad you seemed to like them ? They are my non-serious works because I don't really spend times and serious efforts into them, mostly, I did them for fun >v>;; so I don't think it would be consider to be my serious works since it would be disrespectful to say that to other artists, when I don't put in as much work as others. I hope to draw seriously but ah I can't really bring myself too, maybe not enough inspiration or patient ? Drawing was never really my thing to begin with, I just do it because my friends did xDD

But anyhow I'm glad they seemed to be decent to look at u v u and yes it is my self-inserted character //shameless// and I hate Hetalia orz
    Last edited by goldensteambun; 12th January 2013 at 6:04 PM.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

^ I think so too, and that's cool ^^ Studying orchestral music, that is xD

Ah, I see. I guess it could be considered somewhat disrespectful when you say you didn't put in as much work, but your art is still wonderful just the same
    And I used to have a case like that too. I used to not draw as seriously, so I kind of get your problem there, but my issue was that my drawing style in the past didn't suit me, so when I changed it up a few months ago I enjoyed drawing more, thus taking things a bit more seriously, if you get what I mean.
    And that was the end of my non-serious drawing streak.
    I highly doubt you dislike your drawing style, however, so I guess inspiration, patience, or that "drawing was never your thing", the three things you listed, could contribute to you not drawing seriously.

But, by all means, don't think that you have to draw seriously. After all, that path isn't for everyone, and I think your art is fine as it is.

And Hetalia was never really my thing, either

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Hey there arteests. I'm sort of an on-again-off-again member of Serebiiforums, but I'm trying to stay around this time. I was hoping I might be able to join your super hip ossumpossumcherryblossum club and talk about arts and stuff. So without further ado,

Username: Doodles
    Nickname: Doodle (singular, that's what I go by on Twitter, but it was taken on Serebii. ;-;)
    What art you enjoy doing: I really like banner/avatar style graphic design in Photoshop, GIMP (that's the one I'm most familiar with), Sketchbook, really all of the image manipulation programs.
    How you became interested in art: Hmm that's a tough one. I didn't grow up doing much drawing, and when I did I was the one that colored outside the lines. In the past couple years I've picked up the pencil on various occasions and tried to draw fan art for my favorite anime characters, but I always get so frustrated with the fact that I spend much more time erasing than I do actually drawing. However I've been on tons of forums in the past, and just being around the graphic design community must've sparked my interest in doing it too. I started on really elementary stuff on GIMP and worked my way up (not too far yet xD).

Anyways, for the zero of you that are actually reading this far down, I'm probably talking your ear off. So that's a little about my interest in art, and if you wanna know more feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, my link of some of my art is here, though it's a bit suckish. And I am currently drawing the Gijinka.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ork&highlight=

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Oh yeah, my link of some of my art is here, though it's a bit suckish. And I am currently drawing the Gijinka.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ork&highlight=
    wow your art is really good ^U^ and it cetainly doesnt suck. oh you have to show us the gijinka when your done and im currently drawing an angel charachter of mine on Sai and ill show you guys when im done ^_^

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Username: Pilpulp
    Nickname: Pilp
    What art you enjoy doing: I like designing things on publisher (If that counts as art). I like to draw, make sculptures etc... I want to learn how to make Digital Art really badly, I would like to open a shop later on to improve my art skills, first I will need to know the basics... Don't know where to start :/
    How you became interested in art: I just doodled like most people and it was fun :-P. Art classes though too

hey guys i finished my drawing ^U^ made in paint tool sai
        Spoiler:- drawing :P:

Username: Blood Red Absol
    Nickname: I get called Bra, Blood, Red and Absol xD
    What art you enjoy doing: Digital drawing and coloring
    How you became interested in art: I have always loved art <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Username: Blood Red Absol
    Nickname: I get called Bra, Blood, Red and Absol xD
    What art you enjoy doing: Digital drawing and coloring
    How you became interested in art: I have always loved art <3
    Your nicknames are awesome. Just saying.

Colorless: It's pretty good (Wings, I love wings, anything with wings is good ), just that the face looks...awkward? I mean The hair is supposed to cover some face (I THINK) but then...her hair is like, bending in mid-air, and...it makes me think...that her face...resembles a flounder's X_X

oh what the heck this sounds fun. I need to start getting into some clubs anyway

Username: Dragoniss
    Nickname: Sam
    What art you enjoy doing: Lots of art. I do Digital mostly, I still do some traditional, I write, do a little bit of 3D maya stuff, a bit of Graphic Design and i'm hoping to get into video editing.
    How you became interested in art: I started drawing when I was in 4th grade. I always loved doodling. It wasn't until I got into the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom that I really started to try improving myself as an artist. I tried to copy that art style cause it was so easy and simple to do. From then on i've strived to improve my art skills and find my own style that i'm still trying to find. I'm now attending school going for a Comic and Sequential Art major. I want to work on Comic Books or Manga, I also have an interest in doing anime, Graphics Design and concept art for video games. I also do a little bit of work in Maya. If you'd like my Comic, Story, FanFiction and Deviantart and in my sig, if you'd like to see some of my work.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Your nicknames are awesome. Just saying.

Colorless: It's pretty good (Wings, I love wings, anything with wings is good ), just that the face looks...awkward? I mean The hair is supposed to cover some face (I THINK) but then...her hair is like, bending in mid-air, and...it makes me think...that her face...resembles a flounder's X_X
    yea i know i couldn't fix whats wrong with it XDD the hair is supposed to cover some of it and its curled and she is floating in cloud (if you didnt get that already) so it makes sense (to me at least) that the hair is in mid air XD then again im not perfect and just learned how to use Sai properly XDDDD

I'd like to say I'm working on another Animated Recolor again. Well, actually, I'm going to try and make some sprites from Scratch, hopefull they work out well, and if not, I'm going to hang my head in shame...

In other art related news, I'm now a Co-Leader in a Pokemon Art Group in dA, lucky me! Even though my most common spriting isn't really accepted, I'm going to brach out and try digital art and tradional art this year. Wish me luck.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I'd like to say I'm working on another Animated Recolor again. Well, actually, I'm going to try and make some sprites from Scratch, hopefull they work out well, and if not, I'm going to hang my head in shame...

In other art related news, I'm now a Co-Leader in a Pokemon Art Group in dA, lucky me! Even though my most common spriting isn't really accepted, I'm going to brach out and try digital art and tradional art this year. Wish me luck.
    Ohoho, I'll see if I can help you some.

Also is there a way I can recolor with little patience?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    Ohoho, I'll see if I can help you some.

Also is there a way I can recolor with little patience?
    Yes. Load the sprite on gimp. Set modeto RBG. Make the color pallete you want to use. Use the color selector tool you want to select the colors. Go to the pencil toll and use the one pixel, make it twenty. then just color. Repeat with going from light to dark, and you should be done.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

My drawing is ending in its lineart stage which I'll post tomorrow.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    even though I am not very good at it
    Well, I can draw Spider-Man almost perffectly along with Batman, but all I can say is that if you practice, you'll be the next Picasso before you know it

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    Well, I can draw Spider-Man almost perffectly along with Batman, but all I can say is that if you practice, you'll be the next Picasso before you know it
    Well, I recommend that you join before posting, but all I can say is that if you fill out a form and post it, you'll be in the club and posting as a member before you know it

Unless you already joined and I'm just blind.

your not blind frost sandslasher never joined please make sure to edit your post for you to be admitted in the club

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    hey guys i finished my drawing ^U^ made in paint tool sai
        Spoiler:- drawing :P:
    Hmm, well as someone already said the proportion is a bit off. The legs and hip are a bit wrong in placement, and the thighs shouldn't be that long compare to the body proportion.... I'm not too big on human anatomy myself so let's not go too far in that though >v>;;

What I can advice you in is technique in using SAI though.

To start off, the lineart on the wings are really scratchy and almost gave out a binary/pixel feels. I suggest if you go into lineart you can use the pen/brush tool on SAI and zoom in to brush it, so that your lineart could be smooth and look generally more appealing. And if the wings are supposed to be blue, the inner Lineart should be a more sensible color such as a darker shade of blue, or generally some other color than the grey you use because grey/black are generally not very appealing colors for thick lines art, and would fit more with smaller lines.

Second point, I can see your shading is quite soft and blur, which I assumed you were using airbrush/water/marker tool ? Since the lines are quite barely there, it's good that you use soft shading, but it has been blended too much and almost gave out the blurry look. I suggest for lineless style of drawing, you should go with the kind of shading with spread/painted style. You can do that by using the marker tool or very small airbrush with the setting adjusted to your liking.

Another thing I would suggest if play around with colors and the Hue/Saturation adjustment ! The shading don't always have to be a darker colors of the primary color, it can be a blend of others color. For example, for the white shading I would usually go for a blue-ish pallete, or red-ish depends on the mood/environment of the drawing. And with skin I would usually choose a pinkish shade since the human skin usually gave out the shade of pink/yellow. It gives your drawing more appeals to my opinion, so experimenting/practicing with colors is the key !

SAI is a good program to use for digital artist, so try looking up for more tutorials on how to use the program to its best ability ! You can find them on DA, but if you couldn't find a good one I can always show you those. It's also advised that you should look into some more tutorial on human anatomy and color theory.

A lot to do, isn't it ? xD But hard work pays off, so practice and practice ! I'm not professional, but I do have some tiny bit of experience that I can share, so I hope you can benefit from it somehow ^^

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post

Hmm, well as someone already said the proportion is a bit off. The legs and hip are a bit wrong in placement, and the thighs shouldn't be that long compare to the body proportion.... I'm not too big on human anatomy myself so let's not go too far in that though >v>;;

What I can advice you in is technique in using SAI though.

To start off, the lineart on the wings are really scratchy and almost gave out a binary/pixel feels. I suggest if you go into lineart you can use the pen/brush tool on SAI and zoom in to brush it, so that your lineart could be smooth and look generally more appealing. And if the wings are supposed to be blue, the inner Lineart should be a more sensible color such as a darker shade of blue, or generally some other color than the grey you use because grey/black are generally not very appealing colors for thick lines art, and would fit more with smaller lines.

Second point, I can see your shading is quite soft and blur, which I assumed you were using airbrush/water/marker tool ? Since the lines are quite barely there, it's good that you use soft shading, but it has been blended too much and almost gave out the blurry look. I suggest for lineless style of drawing, you should go with the kind of shading with spread/painted style. You can do that by using the marker tool or very small airbrush with the setting adjusted to your liking.

Another thing I would suggest if play around with colors and the Hue/Saturation adjustment ! The shading don't always have to be a darker colors of the primary color, it can be a blend of others color. For example, for the white shading I would usually go for a blue-ish pallete, or red-ish depends on the mood/environment of the drawing. And with skin I would usually choose a pinkish shade since the human skin usually gave out the shade of pink/yellow. It gives your drawing more appeals to my opinion, so experimenting/practicing with colors is the key !

SAI is a good program to use for digital artist, so try looking up for more tutorials on how to use the program to its best ability ! You can find them on DA, but if you couldn't find a good one I can always show you those. It's also advised that you should look into some more tutorial on human anatomy and color theory.

A lot to do, isn't it ? xD But hard work pays off, so practice and practice ! I'm not professional, but I do have some tiny bit of experience that I can share, so I hope you can benefit from it somehow ^^
    yeah i know my human anatomy is really bad ^_^''' but ill tell you now its way better than some of my other drawings...
    wow those are great tips! Thank you! and i do surf Da for tutorials and i do use hue saturation. XD the wings were originally white which is why the outline is greyish but i amost always shade wings blue if they are white but then i started playing around with the filters and they became blue and i liked how it looked. so i made it blue but accedently left the outline grey. its sad i only have trial version though i want to keep it but when it runs out i have to go back to stupid glitchy corel painter essentials 4....-___-

I kind of forgot about this club aaa. So anyways, I sort of got back into drawing digitally after a couple of months of being off of it. So I've been drawing a lot more, but currently I'm only really sketching the Roosterteeth guys. ^^'

Although, I did draw my fursona while was waiting for my grandpa last night.
        Spoiler:- Doodle:

----

Also replies, yes.

yeah i know my human anatomy is really bad ^_^''' but ill tell you now its way better than some of my other drawings...
    wow those are great tips! Thank you! and i do surf Da for tutorials and i do use hue saturation. XD the wings were originally white which is why the outline is greyish but i amost always shade wings blue if they are white but then i started playing around with the filters and they became blue and i liked how it looked. so i made it blue but accedently left the outline grey. its sad i only have trial version though i want to keep it but when it runs out i have to go back to stupid glitchy corel painter essentials 4....-___-
    Corel Painter Essentials 4 is my main drawing program, I love it to death. I don't use SAI as often since I got it, mostly because of the free range in choice it provides for you. Does it really glitch up for you? I had a few instances, but I always save often. All drawing programs can glitch at anytime. I remember back when I used to use Photoshop CS3, the glitches were unbelievable.
    Last edited by Mogar; 13th January 2013 at 9:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyroxPikachu View Post
    I kind of forgot about this club aaa. So anyways, I sort of got back into drawing digitally after a couple of months of being off of it. So I've been drawing a lot more, but currently I'm only really sketching the Roosterteeth guys. ^^'

Although, I did draw my fursona while was waiting for my grandpa last night.
        Spoiler:- Doodle:

----

Also replies, yes.

Corel Painter Essentials 4 is my main drawing program, I love it to death. I don't use SAI as often since I got it, mostly because of the free range in choice it provides for you. Does it really glitch up for you? I had a few instances, but I always save often. All drawing programs can glitch at anytime. I remember back when I used to use Photoshop CS3, the glitches were unbelievable.
    it was mine for many years but mine is REALLY glitchy and slow.... i save often as well and as much as i love the program i sometimes have to keep reinstalling over and over untill it works....though some of my best works were made on it i have very little paicientce when it comes to technology.... but yeah mine glitches constantly and it really frustrates me when it happens, though i do like Sai though i just wish i could get the program after the trial runs....

it was mine for many years but mine is REALLY glitchy and slow.... i save often as well and as much as i love the program i sometimes have to keep reinstalling over and over untill it works....though some of my best works were made on it i have very little paicientce when it comes to technology.... but yeah mine glitches constantly and it really frustrates me when it happens, though i do like Sai though i just wish i could get the program after the trial runs....
    Hmm... I'll see if I can find the thing I got the full version from and PM it to you. Where did you get CP from? It seems like it's horribly glitchy, even worse than mine. I got mine from my Wacom Bamboo tablet.

Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast