View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Is anyone here clear on how making something with a gif (like a animated userbar) works? I am so confused :<
    Well for userbars there's a site out there for it.

Banners I have no idea so ask someone like Eevee xD

Anyway, was drawing an Angry Bird picture but messed up on coloring xD Its cream stomach is now dark red xD I think the only really good parts of the picture are the pigs XD

after lining this sketch I wanted to kill myself. Also I have lost all the will to do anything and everything.

Will color this anyhow >v>;;

EDIT: finished

Last edited by goldensteambun; 5th February 2013 at 4:46 PM.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Shade2000
    Nickname: Shade, Shadey, Lady Shade, M, whatever
    What art you enjoy doing: Any
    How you became interested in art: everyone saying i was good at art in art class and that i should do it more. my dad is an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Shade2000
    Nickname: Shade, Shadey, Lady Shade, M, whatever
    What art you enjoy doing: Any
    How you became interested in art: everyone saying i was good at art in art class and that i should do it more. my dad is an artist.
    hey shades welcome to the club hope you like it here were all here to help if you need your work critiqued

edit: if anyone has trouble with animation banners i can help its mostly layering over the gif to make the gif look like it blends with the banner...as well as sometimes if the gif is too large you have to cut down the frames so it will sig safe as well for your costumers if you have a shop...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 6th February 2013 at 7:25 PM.

cool. Im actually TRYING to draw something good for once, it usually goes wrong, so i tend not to, i just pick up a pen/pencil/crayon/whatever and draw, and it turns out good. except that time when i used my window to trace XD

Cant draw hands. How do you draw hands, hands are impossible?

Cant draw hands. How do you draw hands, hands are impossible?
    I don't draw hands (despite my username) BECAUSE they're impossible. They cannot be done

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I don't draw hands (despite my username) BECAUSE they're impossible. They cannot be done
    *sigh*
    JAZZ HANDS!!!!!! long time no see!
    Just got commisioned a tonne of art. groan. and i'm going on vacation soon *dies*

*sigh*
    JAZZ HANDS!!!!!! long time no see!
    Just got commisioned a tonne of art. groan. and i'm going on vacation soon *dies*
    Nooooooo
    Don't die! I tried a Frag banner a while ago. Thoughts?:

I know it's fricking massive

yup it's good, the background is very nice and i like the cresselia idea for the background.
    try adding a border, and putting the type as part of the background (layer it behind weavile)
    also a bit of the background is showing through weaviles legs and a bit of cresselia is sticking out of the background, try to make cresilia part of the background then put in the frags.
    just a few improvements

Frag banner i made in my art shop, just:

yup it's good, the background is very nice and i like the cresselia idea for the background.
    try adding a border, and putting the type as part of the background (layer it behind weavile)
    also a bit of the background is showing through weaviles legs and a bit of cresselia is sticking out of the background, try to make cresilia part of the background then put i the frags.
    just a few improvements

Frag banner i made in my art shop, just:
    lo

Looks good, but you spelt original wrong XD

Shut up, I always spell it like that, anyway back to my drawing

Username:InsaneDragoniteHD
    Nickname: Many : Tamotsu, Draggi,IDHD, Insane, Dragonite, etc. I like to be called Draggi or Tamotsu.
    What art you enjoy doing: I like to draw pokemon and anime characters and am currently learning how to draw many things. Dragons are also what I like to draw..not very good,but I like to.
    How you became interested in art: Seeing other artist's drawings.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Username~ IKawaiiThief
    Nickname~ Josie
    What art you enjoy doing~ Ummmm well I like doing any art really not too picky as long as it's creative and unique I'm ya girl~! <;; I love water colors but drawing is in me :3 I'm addicted to drawing birds ever ask 'Hey can you draw something for me?' I'll always respond with a bird xP But imma really great in drawing anime characters, animals, people Pokeémon, etc. as well <;;

How you became interested in art~ WELL I was in kindergarden struggling to draw a horse so my teacher came up to me and had drawn a basic little kid drawing horse after that day she inspired me and I've sold bracelets in kindergarden ^v^ And well my Mum said I was useless and she wasn't proud at me at all because she wasn't really the daughter she expected and my sister came along...Drawing is the only way I can express my emotions with no speech and let me get out of the problems or some cruel world i'm living in. Like...Sketching a plan~! <;;

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    [insert text and images]
    I LOVE THAT RESHI!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, aside from awesome Reshi, I see the deformed Jolteon is also there. I also like how the tips of the legends' (what do I say (supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)) "crests" are glowing (MAJOR CHARGE UP GO) ^_^

Overall cool :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Nooooooo
    Don't die! I tried a Frag banner a while ago. Thoughts?:
    Okay, so let's see:

Jagged Edges on render: Bad.
    White Pixels on render: Bad.

Find png images, if at all possible. Also do not save directly from Google Images, click on the image, click on "full size image" (or whatever the heck it says), and THEN save. Or you get to magic wand half the image and it looks very...poor. I have a trick for it, but I like to avoid if at all possible.

Now I can see Weavile has been edited. A lot. It's border is also cut off...

Now that trick I was speaking of (this is for GIMP because I no have PS (D: ):

Magic Wand > Select > Grow > 1 > Select > Feather > 2 (or 2.000, same thing)

Then, if you haven't already, Add an Alpha Channel and cut (Ctrl + X, you probably already know).

And then as Shade said, border. Well it's optional but recommended. Bevels are also good.

If you need help just ask ^_^ You may need to FR me first because my VMs are on private :P

Shut up, I always spell it like that, anyway back to my drawing
    I can see how that spelling makes sense.

Well...a friend of mine on gaia -who also cosplays red- gave me this idea when we were talking about our real life fears. IRL i'm afraid of heights. So I decided, why not make that into a comic.

I wanted to post the REALLY sloppy sketch of it on here. I'm gunna clean it up a bit and change it once i'm done but yah. Sloppy doodle comic. I know a lot of the proportions are off,imma hopefully fix it. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of the concept XD.

-uploaded to image shack because photobucket would have downsized it.-

Not really any complaints on this page about how it looks.
    Page 1

Nnnn...fork kisses. I hate drawing them and I always will, it turned out bad, just don't mind it XD
    Page 2

This page was probably the most fun to draw. I really love how it turned out XD
    Page 3

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Kissisng yay!
    I love drawing kissing, i've done it since i was like, 7.
    the drawings are a bit unclear.... i couldn't really see them, but from what i could see they looked ok.

I decided to try a different kind of extraction today <.> I couldn't decide on the text though...

First of all, welcome Shade, InsaneDragonite, and KawaiiThief!

Dragoniss- I really like your comics. The fact that they are sketched adds a light feeling them that I really like. I enjoyed your facial expressions, and the last page made me laugh. I would love if you could clean them up, but still keep the sketchy feel to them. Nice job so far!

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

I decided to try a different kind of extraction today <.> I couldn't decide on the text though...
    Those look nice! Well except the wording on the left does not flow well with the whole banner.. it looks pasted on <.> and not very visible but still a bit of not fitting <~>

Okie so I tried making my frag banners sharper looking and I wanna know what you guys think.. I iz too lazy to remove that border right now since Gimp pretty much glitches all my tabs and open windows.

3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post

Okie so I tried making my frag banners sharper looking and I wanna know what you guys think.. I iz too lazy to remove that border right now since Gimp pretty much glitches all my tabs and open windows.

for your banner i like the background brushes there brillant and nice looking but i really don't like how i noticed the brush cut off on the top and bottom of the fragmentation banner with a line. It seems most of your frag banners have the same cut as well :/ try doing different deeper cuts but not so much that it would ruin the banner and also i like the one side with ponyta it maches its theme but on the other side with eevee the snowflakes imo look extremely out of place as well as the pop images are way to small for the popouts. also for frag banners don't use the drop shadow function unless its coming off the banner it looks really strange when it does if you do make sure to lower the intensity of the shadow so it doesn't look so strange. overall its not a bad banner lucina good job

as for you birght the banner is nice i like the pop out look it looks extremely good, the only problem is the text is not showing up very well as well as the color is out of place, try using the stroke function to add a small border around the text so you can make it pop as well sometimes you needto add a drop shadow in the back to make it look nice also what bothers me i don't know if its gimp or the image but when i see the background its starts getting blurry? not sure what happen there...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th February 2013 at 4:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    for your banner i like the background brushes there brillant and nice looking but i really don't like how i noticed the brush cut off on the top and bottom of the fragmentation banner with a line. It seems most of your frag banners have the same cut as well :/ try doing different deeper cuts but not so much that it would ruin the banner and also i like the one side with ponyta it maches its theme but on the other side with eevee the snowflakes imo look extremely out of place as well as the pop images are way to small for the popouts. also for frag banners don't use the drop shadow function unless its coming off the banner it looks really strange when it does if you do make sure to lower the intensity of the shadow so it doesn't look so strange. overall its not a bad banner lucina good job
    Ah well thats what I was referring to at the top <_> XD I don't feel like changing it because Gimp pretty much disrupts all my windows now for some reason.

OH GOD DUDE..ette! I actually have an unfinished banner where I tried a different fragmentaion... but it looked to Mayan for my taste so I ddin't bother uploading it to photobucket P: the closest thing to the "Mayan" one cut is this one:

Well not that close but as you can see at the top its fragmented like.. more P: well the Mayan which I will upload sometime later/soon has kinda the same cut, except its more... intricate sort to say P:

Ah well thats what I was referring to at the top <_> XD I don't feel like changing it because Gimp pretty much disrupts all my windows now for some reason.

OH GOD DUDE..ette! I actually have an unfinished banner where I tried a different fragmentaion... but it looked to Mayan for my taste so I ddin't bother uploading it to photobucket P: the closest thing to the "Mayan" one cut is this one:

Well not that close but as you can see at the top its fragmented like.. more P: well the Mayan which I will upload sometime later/soon has kinda the same cut, except its more... intricate sort to say P:
    some brushes you have to avoid though cuaz they cut of do it more of a corner brush. I hope that make sense and the clouds at the bottom to me cut off? but its not bad as the cut off as the other banner you had. you need to avoid using corner cut off brushes on your banners. also try using a black background to see where you placing your brushes there you will notice which brushes cut off when working on them hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    some brushes you have to avoid though cuaz they cut of do it more of a corner brush. I hope that make sense and the clouds at the bottom to me cut off? but its not bad as the cut off as the other banner you had. you need to avoid using corner cut off brushes on your banners. also try using a black background to see where you placing your brushes there you will notice which brushes cut off when working on them hope that helps
    I guess I need to learn cutting <_> It no worky for me >.> ;^; Okie actually the cloud was stretched by the ratio bar so I could do it like that and that sharp edge is what i got <.> I guess I should have tried to faded a bit or erased it <.>'

I guess I need to learn cutting <_> It no worky for me >.> ;^; Okie actually the cloud was stretched by the ratio bar so I could do it like that and that sharp edge is what i got <.> I guess I should have tried to faded a bit or erased it <.>'

this may sound crazy but all my extraction banners and background on my frag banners are all brushes. I highly suggest not using images for extractions and fragmentation banners. its much easier to do the graphics with brushes so you can change the colors better but yes make sure to have a black background where you can see what your putting in the background

Where does Mayan come from? The frags?

Well W-Kyurem's glow is cut off...

But I really like the shape of the frags (they are the Mayan, yes?) ^_^ It looks cool :P

Now here is a frag made for Stereotypical Nerd, the font isn't really...what...I would normally use...but he requested and he liked it so :P

And here's a tech banner request xP

Spoiler:- Tech Banner :D:

Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast