View Poll Results: Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eeveelover824

6 11.54%
  • colorless-winter

0 0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

23 44.23%
  • Azulart

6 11.54%
  • Callie-Rose

1 1.92%
  • extroph

15 28.85%
  • Kutie Pie

1 1.92%
Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2651

Thread: The Artist's Corner

Okay~! Must edit the text and set the background a bit lighter~! Thanks for your opinion<33 >w<

I know I haven't shaded it yet, but I wanted to show it. And I tried making the pose not to stiff by the leg angle.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    So I tried out a new type of thing...

Oh and before anyone says that it hurts their eyes, well 1) Sorry!, and 2) It hurts my eyes too XD and 3) I dunno how to fix ):

So now for the epic moment (Kirby is awesome btw)

Spoiler:

And a welcome to the new peeps~
    first one is the best cuaz the other to are to low in saturation the first one is just right which im trying to say the last to are too dull...

Yeah I do likey but at the same time I guess its too colorful for me XD I couldn't choose the lettering well.. not even the color ;^; I actually tried many different styles when I just said "meh" <.> its simple >.>

Yes its Fire Emblem. I don't really play it but watch the walkthroughs and.. these two are my favorite female characters from it ^_^
    i see got it and i see a bit more it is a bit too bright but hey overal minus the bright colors its really nice good job lucina
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 17th February 2013 at 5:11 AM.

master league fairy gym leader

Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Would somebody please comment on the practice drawings I posted earlier ?
    It is sorta urgent.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    Would somebody please comment on the practice drawings I posted earlier ?
    It is sorta urgent.
    well im sorry dragonite but when you post the link to photobucket and not the picture my laptop doesnt let it load and then it freezes >.> though i do wish i could see it and help you!

hey guys sorry i havent posted much here but heres some of my most recent drawing/ creations! lawlz theres only one drawing because i cant get my tablet wire to work and my new one hasnt arrived yet >.<
        Spoiler:- drawing:

Spoiler:- creations!:

i know umbreon and cartman came out blurry but i couldn't get a better pic as im in a rush D:<

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter;15718779
    [SPOILER=creations!
    [insert]
    [/SPOILER]
    i know umbreon and cartman came out blurry but i couldn't get a better pic as im in a rush D:<
    Those are awesome! I like the wings (: The only thing I don't really get is why there's a penny next to all of them...

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    The penny is there for scaling. You know, to show you how small those things are compared to a US coin.
    Oh.

I can still see fingerprints on them though...but I suppose that's alright.

Edit-2: IDHD, I think you shade too darkly at the top. Say your light source is at the top of the sphere, then coming down it should get darker. The top is light, the bottom is dark...and the shadow, the part that's near the sphere is dark, and it fades as you go further.
    Last edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko; 18th February 2013 at 8:01 PM.

Those are awesome! I like the wings (: The only thing I don't really get is why there's a penny next to all of them...
    The penny is there for scaling. You know, to show you how small those things are compared to a US coin.

But those are pretty neat clay things. I like the wings the most. Very detailed, which is super good to see! (also poor Kenny is getting strangled)

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Well hello everyone, I haven't been here in quite a while! I started scratch spriting, and here's my first result:

I was just trying to get a simple sprite to start off with.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

thanks you guys! and i like the wings the most as well :P and as for the fingerprints thing my white clay is super super duper soft making it EXTREMELY difficlult not to get fingerprints on it >.>
    and being so soft it also smears >.> O__O i just noticed i for got to post my MOST DETAILED AND EPIC creation i have made yet so here it is > its a human like link! with removable sheild. also liks hand broke so that explains that. and i know theres fingerprints still workin on gettin rid of them (though i cant remove these ones since its baked)
        Spoiler:- link project creation:

i timed it and it took me approx. 7 1/2 hours straight nonstop > it was a pain but i did it and in the future im going to redo it. made febuary 2nd.
    Last edited by colorless-winter; 18th February 2013 at 9:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    thanks you guys! and i like the wings the most as well :P and as for the fingerprints thing my white clay is super super duper soft making it EXTREMELY difficlult not to get fingerprints on it >.>
    and being so soft it also smears >.> O__O i just noticed i for got to post my MOST DETAILED AND EPIC creation i have made yet so here it is > its a human like link! with removable sheild. also liks hand broke so that explains that. and i know theres fingerprints still workin on gettin rid of them (though i cant remove these ones since its baked)
        Spoiler:- link project creation:

i timed it and it took me approx. 7 1/2 hours straight nonstop > it was a pain but i did it and in the future im going to redo it. made febuary 2nd.
    to me they look like cookies lol are they really made out of clay or something there not half as bad i like them and what i mean people do make cookies like that thats all

Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

trust me eevee i know even people i show them to at school think they look like cookies and i think its pretty cool especially my toon links. i made them in a pair and gave one to my friend and this one kid i know tries to eat one thinking it was a cookie XD so its fine eevee XD
    lol and it really is made of clay if it were a cookie it would come out a whole lot worse XD i cant paint with frosting XPPPP

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    trust me eevee i know even people i show them to at school think they look like cookies and i think its pretty cool especially my toon links. i made them in a pair and gave one to my friend and this one kid i know tries to eat one thinking it was a cookie XD so its fine eevee XD
    lol and it really is made of clay if it were a cookie it would come out a whole lot worse XD i cant paint with frosting XPPPP
    hahahaha it is possible though 0_0 if your a baker but yeah i understand though i should add my comment on that but they do look really cute though

@colourless-winter
    They look tasty O_o XD I want to eat it but that's really cool~

Know the text won't really appear...but I still have no idea how to render text on gimp or make the same line of text have more than one color >~>" gah, at least i have youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    @colourless-winter
    They look tasty O_o XD I want to eat it but that's really cool~

Know the text won't really appear...but I still have no idea how to render text on gimp or make the same line of text have more than one color >~>" gah, at least i have youtube.
    you mean a graident color text bright? and if you want a fade look on text just use soft light or overlay for the text...oh also sometimes using stroke helps pop out the text...

http://s1169.beta.photobucket.com/us...12003.jpg.html
    If you could please give your opinion on this ^ I really need to improve.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Are you shading or filling in?

If you're shading, imagine shining a light on it in your head. At the spot where light hits the thing, leave it white. Go a few cm away from that spot, and lightly shade. Keep shading, and have it get darker as you go.

If you're filling, then keep going, and erase the parts outside of the outline.

I'd suggest if you look up hand drawn drawings by pencil and see how they do it . They don't shade it that dark and you seem to do it completely without depth. But don't shade it that dark. Also... try drawing actual things instead of just a sphere. Getting an idea of how to draw things can expand your ideas.

EDIT: Also follow's Frost's idea.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Are you shading or filling in?

If you're shading, imagine shining a light on it in your head. At the spot where light hits the thing, leave it white. Go a few cm away from that spot, and lightly shade. Keep shading, and have it get darker as you go.

If you're filling, then keep going, and erase the parts outside of the outline.
    I am actually shading, not filling in. I want to draw dragonite,but I decided I would start with this first.
    That is some good advice, I will do so..I was also told to shade straight.

EDIT : What things do you suggest I draw ? I can never seem to fix the shading problem.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I am actually shading, not filling in. I want to draw dragonite,but I decided I would start with this first.
    That is some good advice, I will do so..I was also told to shade straight.

EDIT : What things do you suggest I draw ? I can never seem to fix the shading problem.
    Actually, My opinion, Circles are the best way to start if you are practicing shading. Thats how I was taught on Seventh grade :3

Quilava is right on the depth perception thing. An example when shading, like what you are shading right now is think that some type of light is facing the circle, or as I would call it, a ball <.> The ball is getting Light shoned its way and so the shading comes in. Depends where the light is coming from which will result in how much shade you get <.>

Hope I am getting my point across XD

Okie anywats this is how I was taught and what I am trying to tell you:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...psbbbe77f6.jpg

Trying something different besides the circle/ball.. hmm... if you are trying shading for now i guess I suggest other shapes like Cubes P: different perception than he circle P:

when shading its a bit different insane then just filling in the circle with here is a shading image showing that depends on the direction is the best way to shade something is to set up objects and then shine a light on them...this is what i learned in college you then draw the object and shade only the area that is no light there...while giving a shadow look that is cast...

http://www.artacademylive.com/images...rmsShading.jpg

that is shapes that someone shaded...this is proper shading...

as well as this one is really nice too...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ch-d4nib4r.jpg

i wish i could show my work but its hard to get on the computer :/
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 19th February 2013 at 2:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    Actually, My opinion, Circles are the best way to start if you are practicing shading. Thats how I was taught on Seventh grade :3

Quilava is right on the depth perception thing. An example when shading, like what you are shading right now is think that some type of light is facing the circle, or as I would call it, a ball <.> The ball is getting Light shoned its way and so the shading comes in. Depends where the light is coming from which will result in how much shade you get <.>

Hope I am getting my point across XD

Okie anywats this is how I was taught and what I am trying to tell you:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...psbbbe77f6.jpg

Trying something different besides the circle/ball.. hmm... if you are trying shading for now i guess I suggest other shapes like Cubes P: different perception than he circle P:
    Cubes just seem weird to shade in my eyes.
    I can never seem to fix the shading,no matter what I really try to do. Maybe I will try doing what you did there.
    But then comes the depth of the shading.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Cubes just seem weird to shade in my eyes.
    I can never seem to fix the shading,no matter what I really try to do. Maybe I will try doing what you did there.
    But then comes the depth of the shading.
    Naw well just look at Eevees examples. Pretty much what I told you <.> Its like shining a light to an object.

Every shape looks weird in shading XD Triangles for moi. but still you can give it a try :3

Naw well just look at Eevees examples. Pretty much what I told you <.> Its like shining a light to an object.

Every shape looks weird in shading XD Triangles for moi. but still you can give it a try :3
    I saw the examples, yeah and I get to shade from light to dark but I really do not know how it'll turn out. I will try my best to actually shade.
    What is the best shape to start with ?

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I saw the examples, yeah and I get to shade from light to dark but I really do not know how it'll turn out. I will try my best to actually shade.
    What is the best shape to start with ?
    Well what you are doing now seems the most basic and simple.

so I guess you should try doing the first Ball I did. That shows that Light is being shoned brightly at the ball so it has a small shadow <.> Try it @_@

Well what you are doing now seems the most basic and simple.

so I guess you should try doing the first Ball I did. That shows that Light is being shoned brightly at the ball so it has a small shadow <.> Try it @_@
    Okie...I will try that first one that I see on there.
    It is the perserverence that strikes me most and how much practice is involved.
    Well, I will try my best.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast